U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-08-2009, 04:11 PM

261 posts, read 595,189 times

Advertisements

I don't know what most traders here do, but I will tell you that in my experience with professional traders most all will trade from an entity. Taking losses from your 1040 can limit you. These entities can be as complex as you want to make them invoking off shore trusts and other things, but in the beginning setting up a simple corporation can be done by most any business lawyer.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 07:21 AM

1 posts, read 5,815 times
Thank you for your reviews. We stopped ourselves from doing business with Traders Accounting/Phoenix ---- thanks to these posts. In return I hope you make it big in the market! To your success!

We are going to set up a LLC and C-Corp to trade for ourselves so if anyone has any tips on the best way to approach please let us know. :-)

Old 08-17-2009, 01:11 PM

261 posts, read 595,189 times
"Methinks the lady doth protest too much"

Jim I'm not in the business of selling anything to these people, and I'm certainly not looking to sell you my consulting services. I own several different businesses ranging from gem labs and auction companies to investment banking and business brokerage. I'm no newcomer to the business world and in short I did my due diligence and found that your services weren't right for our company.

I feel sure you'll have several new members posting here on your behalf soon so best of luck to you.

BTW Jim mentioned Sandy Botkin. I've met Sandy several times and his programs are very good for beginners. It's a great place to get your feet wet, but do yourself a favor and purchase them from Sandy's company directly and not from one of the MLM companies that market his products.

Old 08-17-2009, 02:00 PM

1 posts, read 6,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnFlyer View Post
I talked to a few people that used them and took a look at their articles of incorporation and other formation documents and was not impressed. In fact I was appauled. It was no where near the quality of work product that I would find acceptible. The gentlemen I spoke with said that they used them in the beginning because they were new to the concept and didn't know what to do. They went on to say that knowing what they know now, they wouldn't use them again.

I also contacted their offices to get specific answers to specific questions regarding their ability to structure some entities for us in states where we hadn't formed entities before and again was disappointed. I'll admit that I have more experience around these structures than most of the people they normally would deal with, but I don't like the idea of me knowing more than the person they have chosen to handle my inquiries.

In my situation we decided that with a little research for the jurisdiction where I was going to set up a trading entity, we could do a much better job in house.
Ah, thanks for at least getting back to me, no thanks that you wont identify yourself, or give me a call so we can discuss what you (with your legal and accounting background) found wrong with our products. we can agree on Sandy and where not to buy them, but be careful and don't go to ebay, he updates his products yearly and you could be stuck with an old copy.

come-on MtnFlyer, come clean, and lets get a good open discussion after we disclose our credentials, and how you became expert in all of the things you have chosen to be an expert in, especially the age old trick of using Shakespeare to try to deflect an honest effort to get a dialog of reality going. JC

Old 10-16-2009, 12:00 PM

30 posts, read 142,637 times
[Mod cut - Solicitation of business]
Jim,
I received my personalized "Tax Action Plan" this past summer. I must tell you the thing that put me off and instantly brought doubt, was the bad grammar, poor sentence structure and misspelling. For example, "loose" rather than "lose". For me, when we're talking thousands of dollars for a service, I want attention to detail. The poorly written Tax Action Plan was not indicative of attention to detail warranting my business. These plans really should be proof read before sending to prospective clients. The whole thing, replete with bad graphics, felt like a cheesy sales pitch. When I spoke with one of your people on the phone after receiving the plan, it again felt like a big sales pitch, almost like buying a car: "We offer this and that and this and what credit card would you like to put that on?"
When I showed the Tax Action Plan to some friends with corporation and securities experience (one of which previously worked for Goldman Sachs), the unanimous response was, "That has scam written all over it."
This is more constructive criticism than anything else. I hope you'll see to it that your existing clients and future clients are taken care of and getting their money's worth.

Dave Francis

Folks, do your due diligence, please.

Last edited by Oildog; 10-17-2009 at 05:28 PM..

Old 10-16-2009, 12:17 PM

1,403 posts, read 2,031,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TraderTax View Post
...especially the age old trick of using Shakespeare to try to deflect an honest effort to get a dialog of reality going. JC
Is this similar to the age old trick of criticizing someone's spelling and grammar in an discussion board post?? You did this in post #15 when responding to Mtn. Flyer's criticism.

But I'm sure this is different...

Old 10-16-2009, 03:14 PM

15,667 posts, read 15,564,879 times
Thread closed for moderator review

Old 10-17-2009, 05:30 PM

15,667 posts, read 15,564,879 times
OK the thread has been reopened. Please review the http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html WRT Advertising and linking off the website.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:09 PM

1 posts, read 5,505 times
I have been approached by Traders Accounting and I have serious concerns with all of the negative posts. I also have been cautioned by one of my trading coaches that has stated for the record he would never use them again. Anymore stories out there.

Old 02-26-2010, 06:55 PM

1 posts, read 5,091 times
Has anyone used Green Trader Tax? Any thoughts or suggestions. Thanks JohnnyA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing