U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-17-2008, 06:26 PM

2,583 posts, read 7,079,566 times

Advertisements

Curious... anyone invested in this fund?

RYPQX - The Reserve Yield Plus Fund.

It was heavily pushed by TD Ameritrade as a very conservative and highly liquid fund.

I'll post a little more later on my experience, but really interested if there are other investors out there (and do you realize the issue you have).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 06:05 PM

If you do have investments in The Reserve, specifically their Yield Plus Fund (symbol RYPQX) then...

first, read this Forbes article: Investors in fallen money funds can't access cash - Forbes.com (http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2008/10/01/ap5497594.html - broken link)

second, join this group on Yahoo Finance: rypqx : RYPQX Reserve Yield Plus Fund

Old 10-22-2008, 01:53 AM

27 posts, read 50,695 times
I have never invested in such funds. I always suggest you seek professional helps while investing in funds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1215 View Post
Curious... anyone invested in this fund?

RYPQX - The Reserve Yield Plus Fund.

It was heavily pushed by TD Ameritrade as a very conservative and highly liquid fund.

I'll post a little more later on my experience, but really interested if there are other investors out there (and do you realize the issue you have).

Old 10-22-2008, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_respond View Post
I have never invested in such funds. I always suggest you seek professional helps while investing in funds.
It was professional advice by TD Ameritrade that caused approx 90% of this fund to be made up of their clients.

Old 11-05-2008, 12:19 PM

1 posts, read 6,079 times
I have invested in this fund. Do you know when & at what price the liqudation of the fund might be? Larry

Old 11-05-2008, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
I have invested in this fund. Do you know when & at what price the liqudation of the fund might be? Larry
No liquidation plan yet... your best source of information will be within the Yahoo Finance group...

Join the group here:
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/rypqx

There are already 520+ members, an active discussion board, tons of information in the files, and is even organized when it comes to working with the media. Great contact info for a number of regulators as well.

Old 08-30-2010, 11:07 AM

1 posts, read 4,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1215 View Post
No liquidation plan yet... your best source of information will be within the Yahoo Finance group...

Join the group here:
[URL="http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/rypqx"]http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/rypqx[/URL]

There are already 520+ members, an active discussion board, tons of information in the files, and is even organized when it comes to working with the media. Great contact info for a number of regulators as well.
Is there anyone out there who might have information concerning further distribution of RYPQX?
Thanks

Old 08-31-2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnt168 View Post
Is there anyone out there who might have information concerning further distribution of RYPQX?
Thanks
I have been trying to find the same. My broker (TD Ameritrade) has been horrible at sharing information and The Reserve website has very little information.

If you do find anything please post here - I will do the same.

Old 01-22-2011, 07:46 AM

1 posts, read 3,530 times
I have also invested in this fund and have asked TD Ameritrade to send a 1099 for losses if they cannot provide liquidation. I would at least like to have the loss recorded.

Old 01-22-2011, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerry View Post
I have also invested in this fund and have asked TD Ameritrade to send a 1099 for losses if they cannot provide liquidation. I would at least like to have the loss recorded.
Great idea. Did they respond to that request? How did you make the request, I'll do the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing