Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2009, 10:02 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,496,245 times

Advertisements

Martin Armstrong was exact to the day on the last cycle date: 2/27/2007, when global markets experienced a mini-collapse and the Dow fell over 500 points! I moved all my money to fixed assets a few days later (3/2/07...when Dow was at 12114). Looking back at it...I didn't catch the market at peak (14000)...but it looks like a genius move right now, in retrospect. My 401k has not been depleted by the current crisis.

Armstrong predicts 4/23/2009 as the next significant cycle date. Note that significant can mean up OR down...good OR bad.

From the article...
"The issue of intensity seemed to revolve around periods of 51.6 years, which was in reality a group of 6 individual business cycles of 8.6 years in length. Back testing into ancient history seemed to reveal that the business cycle concept was alive and well during the Greek Empire as well as Rome and all others that followed. It was a natural step to see if one could project into the future and determine if its validity would still hold up. Using 1929.75 as a reference point, major and minor turning points could then be projected forward in time. For the most part, I merely observed and kept to myself this strange way of thinking. In 1976, one of these 8.6-year turning points was quickly approaching (1977.05). For the first time, I began to use this model expecting a significant turn in the economy back toward inflation. My friends thought I was mad. Everyone was talking about how another Great Depression was coming. The stock market had crashed by 50% and OPEC seemed to be undermining everything. I rolled the dice and stuck to it and to my amazement, inflation exploded right on cue as gold rallied from $103 to $875 by January 1980."

ContraHour: Martin Armstrong's Economic Pi Cycle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 04:35 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,496,245 times
Oh well....nothing exciting this time. No harm, no foul...as the market stayed steady. I'll give it a few days...just in case Armstrong was off a digit in his calculations!

Old 04-23-2009, 04:43 PM

28,453 posts, read 85,370,617 times
Default Probably a good attitude...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Oh well....nothing exciting this time. No harm, no foul...as the market stayed steady. I'll give it a few days...just in case Armstrong was off a digit in his calculations!
I wonder if Mr. Armstrong is so sanguine?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing