Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2010, 08:39 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,563,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurekidd View Post
I am currently long on BAC, BRK-B, F and LINE, and looking to get back into GE. I'm also speculating on C, LYG and BYDDF.PK, with small positions in each.
C is falling falling falling...I have had my eyes on them as well.

I wonder when they will close without a lose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 08:36 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,911,890 times
I am watching MON and TNH...

Old 04-29-2010, 11:48 AM

BP is dropping...may be a time to pick some up, but I own enough energy stocks already.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:00 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,968,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post

I wonder when they will close without a lose.
Yea, me too. Wondering if they are going to start improving again. I purchased F a few months ago and V back when it became public in 08. Thinking of selling it if it hits 100.

I've been looking alot into S and GE. Wish I got into S when I started looking at it last month.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:39 PM

1,953 posts, read 4,959,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
Yea, me too. Wondering if they are going to start improving again. I purchased F a few months ago and V back when it became public in 08. Thinking of selling it if it hits 100.

I've been looking alot into S and GE. Wish I got into S when I started looking at it last month.
I was about to get into GE when it was 13.x a while back, oops. Just got into it the other day at 19.x. Ill probably stay long and cross my fingers the dividends increase next year like they said. Was also going to get into S a while ago, still looks good at 5.x or whatever it is currently.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:09 AM

5,002 posts, read 12,354,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
Energy companies are my picks. I'm looking into Ameren, increasing my position in SWN (I bought at 30), and I'm also looking into LLTC.

I like Ford because I think they have a product line worldwide that has wide appeal.

I think that infrastructure companies have already had price increases due to the speculation that they would get federal money for projects. Unless, of course, you're talking about green energy.

In that case, GE is a good bet, but won't see huge returns.
Looking back during the first third of the year, I've done well by holding my GE stock. It's risen about 25% YTD.

Since I bought SWN at 30, I'm still positive, but it is yielding less than I hoped for. However, it is a volatile stock and I'm patient, I still think petroleum will be rising in price which will lead to alternative energies being more attractive, but we'll see. LLTC also shook me a bit at the beginning of the year since I bought early and it immediately fell about 10%. However, it has recovered and I collected a dividend so technically I'm positive,

AT&T has disappointed me thus far this year. However, I should curb my expectations as competition to the iPhone from Droid is stiff, and I think people are tired of Apple's shenanigans.

I sold my F stock that I had bought at $2 / share. I think a 600% return isn't a bad thing at all.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:35 AM

I added to my GE late last year and will hold until retirement, unless the dividend doesnt come back. Also sold some F, enough to cover my initial investment, now its all house money.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:03 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,798,905 times
I am holding BAC, GE, PFE, CMCSA.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:32 PM

5,475 posts, read 6,290,008 times
Quote:
I think C is just stalled a bit due to the governments recent announcement that they were going to begin selling their shares. I think it will start to move again once the govt announces all their shares are sold. We may be stuck in this range for a while, but it might be time to accumulate.

Quote:
BP is dropping...may be a time to pick some up, but I own enough energy stocks already.
I'm waiting for $35. It may or may not get that low, but I think there will be a lot of uncertainty around this stock for quite a while. It needs to get lower if I'm going to buy it and hold it for years waiting for all the fallout from the spill to play itself out.

Old 05-04-2010, 03:12 PM

1,374 posts, read 1,304,090 times
Apple is stuck in the mud right now around $255...might be sign to sell this stock
with it's last fall and problems with Adobe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing