Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Iowa City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2016, 10:44 AM

75 posts, read 177,007 times

Advertisements

Last time I saw my tax lady, she mentioned she was retiring and her son was going to take over. I have no idea how qualified he is, or her for that matter.. But that fact, and the fact I have to travel to lone tree has me wondering who might be more qualified and closer to Iowa City.

My taxes are pretty complicated (for me) since I have a large taxable inheritance invested with vanguard mutual funds. Last year I paid in over $8k, so I really need to be sure I have a sharp and qualified Investment and individual Tax preparer willing to take advantage of tax loss harvesting and what ever else can save me money. Someone young would also be a plus so I don't have to find a new one again.

Does anyone have a recommendation or experience they could share?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2017, 03:30 PM

No one wants to say anything about or recommend their trusty tax preparer?

I'm considering Terry Lockridge & Dunn Inc , but dont have a clue how to come to a decision..

Old 03-08-2017, 10:30 AM

190 posts, read 192,634 times
If you are willing to drive, Management Consultants in Cedar Rapids has my whole hearted recommendation. My finances have grown similarly complex, too, and after the flood of 2008, were crazy.

Old 06-14-2017, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devans0 View Post
If you are willing to drive, Management Consultants in Cedar Rapids has my whole hearted recommendation. My finances have grown similarly complex, too, and after the flood of 2008, were crazy.
Thanks Devans0..

I went back to my Tax Lady in lone tree. She charged me $40 instead of the $275 a outfit in Iowa City wanted. I will keep your suggestion in mind though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Iowa City