Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Iowa City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2019, 08:40 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,233,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
Yep, it is all luck. I used to get sick all the time with colds every year. It stopped immediately when I took high dose vitamin d, and I never got sick again for over 10 years. It could not have anything to do with vitamin d, now could it?

At this point I cannot take you seriously anymore. Vaccines contain toxic chemicals, whether it is in small amounts does not really matter. All it takes is an allergy to one of the ingredients to cause a death. People have died from eating peanuts or drinking too much water. Officially, 520 deaths have been compensated by the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/18/h...ry-claims.html
Adults get sick with colds less frequently as they get older, partially because they have gradually developed immunity to a variety of the viruses that cause them and also because they tend to be exposed to fewer small children who are continually having them.

The info on vitamin D and colds is mixed, with those who are actually vitamin D deficient (who obviously be taking vitamin D) seeing more benefit than those who are not. See "Acute Respiratory Infections" about halfway down the page.

https://lpi.oregonstate.edu/mic/vitamins/vitamin-D

This one discusses vitamin D and influenza, including a potential beneficial interaction between vitamin D and the flu vaccine:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6121423/

Again the results are mixed. The author concludes:

"The studies clearly show that vitamin D is, undoubtedly, part of the complex factors which affect the immune response. So, assessing vitamin D status and maintaining optimal serum levels should be considered in all ageing adults and children, and micronutrients should be regarded as one of the essential factors which improve our health condition overall and also support our fight against diseases."

What he does not conclude is that taking vitamin D can replace the vaccine.

There is no reason not to take both.

With regard to "toxins" the dose really is important, and the amounts of ingredients in vaccines that the anti-vax community considers "toxic" are far too small to be dangerous. We are exposed to most of those ingredients in far greater amounts from food, water, and air.

What you fail to mention about those 520 deaths (a number I cannot confirm from the compensation fund site and I cannot read the article) is that those deaths were distributed over about three decades and several billion doses of vaccines, which actually confirms the safety of vaccines. You are far more likely to die from flu itself than from the vaccine.

A summary of the risk of dying from various vaccines:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4599698/

Old 12-09-2019, 08:49 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,233,915 times
Quote:
We can keep playing this game, but it is now obvious I am debating someone with ties to big pharma with an agenda. You will surely deny this, but anyone with common sense can see that. The media bias fact check says they have a bias to the left and are mostly factual. That would describe CNN, MSNBC, The New York Times, etc, regardless of what they say. They are a mainstream source as I said earlier. Mediabiasfactcheck.com is not a mainstream source and has had criticism from other sources such as The Columbia Journalism Review.

You claim that no one has ever died from vaccines which is ridiculous. All I claim is I and others have greatly benefited from high dose vitamin d. Big pharma run sources constantly attack vitamin d since it cuts into their profits. Big Pharma only profits from sick people so it makes sense. For anyone who wants the truth, just read the comments section of this book below and it will not cost you anything.

I would say I will just agree to disagree, but I am not being paid to post on here so I actually have to go work. Enjoy your toxic vaccines and the wonderful side effects that come with it.
Wow! How quickly you invoked the "pharma shill gambit" to go along with the toxins in vaccines myth.

Where has the claim been made that no one has ever had a fatal adverse reaction to a vaccine? I did not see that, only that it is so rare that it is hard to actually count them. See my link above.

Do you think no one profits from making vitamin D supplements?

Old 12-09-2019, 08:51 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,704,934 times
Quote:
We can keep playing this game, but it is now obvious I am debating someone with ties to big pharma with an agenda. You will surely deny this, but anyone with common sense can see that. The media bias fact check says they have a bias to the left and are mostly factual. That would describe CNN, MSNBC, The New York Times, etc, regardless of what they say. They are a mainstream source as I said earlier. Mediabiasfactcheck.com is not a mainstream source and has had criticism from other sources such as The Columbia Journalism Review.

You claim that no one has ever died from vaccines which is ridiculous. All I claim is I and others have greatly benefited from high dose vitamin d. Big pharma run sources constantly attack vitamin d since it cuts into their profits. Big Pharma only profits from sick people so it makes sense. For anyone who wants the truth, just read the comments section of this book below and it will not cost you anything.

https://www.amazon.com/MIRACULOUS-RE...5948263&sr=8-9

I would say I will just agree to disagree, but I am not being paid to post on here so I actually have to go work. Enjoy your toxic vaccines and the wonderful side effects that come with it.
Oh, Jeez Louise! That's the first think you anti-vaxers say when you have nothing productive to post.

No, I didn't say no one has died. I said you'd be hard put to find one medically verified death. I suggest you look at this: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4599698/
"We summarize epidemiologic data on deaths following vaccination, including examples where reasonable scientific evidence exists to support that vaccination caused or contributed to deaths. Rare cases where a known or plausible theoretical risk of death following vaccination exists include anaphylaxis, vaccine-strain systemic infection after administration of live vaccines to severely immunocompromised persons, intussusception after rotavirus vaccine, Guillain-Barré syndrome after inactivated influenza vaccine, fall-related injuries associated with syncope after vaccination, yellow fever vaccine-associated viscerotropic disease or associated neurologic disease, serious complications from smallpox vaccine including eczema vaccinatum, progressive vaccinia, postvaccinal encephalitis, myocarditis, and dilated cardiomyopathy, and vaccine-associated paralytic poliomyelitis from oral poliovirus vaccine. However, making general assumptions and drawing conclusions about vaccinations causing deaths based on spontaneous reports to VAERS – some of which might be anecdotal or second-hand – or case reports in the media, is not a scientifically valid practice. . . A 10-year review of claims to the US National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program noted five cases of death from anaphylaxis after vaccinations [30]. Another study published in 2003 using electronic health record databases found that after 7,644,049 doses of vaccination in children and adolescents, there were five possible cases of vaccine associated anaphylaxis and none resulted in death [29]."

As for your Vitamin D link, here's a bio of your author: https://jefftbowles.com/about/
"At first glance, you might think, why should I listen to Jeff Bowles about anything? He has no degree in any health field, in fact his only degrees are in real estate finance, a CPA, and an MBA from Northwestern University."

Yep. That's a good question. The guy's a quack.

Old 12-10-2019, 07:40 PM

671 posts, read 1,118,201 times
Move to Samoa. Join a new herd.

Old 12-11-2019, 11:08 PM

44,348 posts, read 20,049,980 times
This thread wandered off-topic right from the get-go at Post #2. The OP is long gone, having last posted over 2 years ago.

Also, the topic of vaccines has been discussed ad nauseam in Health & Wellness and in Politics & Other Controversies. The discussion about the pros and cons of vaccines does not belong in the Iowa City forum.

Thread closed.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Iowa City