Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 02:44 PM

10,272 posts, read 13,796,939 times

Advertisements

It's strange how often I have heard how bad Council Bluffs is from various sources. I've only been through it on the interstate but it never seemed to give me a bad vibe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2011, 10:36 PM

23,120 posts, read 28,858,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCB View Post
The camera's?? If you get a fine, then you are breaking the law. Period. Too bad loosers.
Enough lawbreakers, the laws are either amended or disappear.

If it weren't for our law-breaking Founding Fathers we'd driving on the Left, jut like in England!

Long live the lawbreakers!

Old 09-11-2011, 11:24 AM

10,272 posts, read 13,796,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Enough lawbreakers, the laws are either amended or disappear.

If it weren't for our law-breaking Founding Fathers we'd driving on the Left, jut like in England!

Long live the lawbreakers!
While some of this does make sense, is driving on the left side of the road that bad?

Old 09-12-2011, 05:57 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,834,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
So the city of Council Bluffs has the yellow light at the "red light camera intersections" shortened to less than 3 seconds. Even the ones that are immediately off the Interstate.

Now they're nearly doubling the fine to $197.

Unbelievable.

Idiots.

These people are shameless frauds and hucksters. No wonder pretty much everybody in Omaha says, "CoucilTucky - where the squirrels are black and the trash is white."

I don't EVER go to Council Bluffs to buy building supplies any more.

http://www.omaha.com/article/2010062...ed-light-fines
I was just looking around City Data and found this thread. I feel your guy's pain over there.

Check this out: I got a ticket from a red light camera in Riverside, California in July and my fine was $497.00 for crossing the intersection in red. I got the ticket in the mail along with pictures of me driving my truck showing the front and rear license plate and another shot of me entering the intersection with the signal light in the picture. To go to traffic school to 'mask' the infraction from my driving record I had to pay around $50 to the court (some administrative fee B.S.) and $21 for my actual traffic school course. I did it on-line and passed. Wow. Very expensive. I know in Los Angeles they started taking down the red light cameras because 70%+ of the people ticketed were not paying the fines and the courts couldn't do a thing about it. Something about the courts not having the jurisdiction to enforce these type of tickets.

I don't have a problem getting ticketed when its my fault but the fines are just outrageous. Anyways, thanks for letting me share this and I hope all is well for everyone out your way.

-Cheers.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:44 PM

77,903 posts, read 60,063,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoEagle View Post
While some of this does make sense, is driving on the left side of the road that bad?
If you don't like my driving, get off the sidewalk.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:57 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,740,438 times
Iowa's also been known to use LIDAR as you enter a lower speed zone. They also aren't required to give you the distance, might be the only state that does that.

Old 09-25-2011, 12:40 AM

23 posts, read 76,827 times
Ouch. Is this post about traffic light policies or about cities that adopt them? Let's narrow the discussion.

Old 09-25-2011, 10:44 AM

412 posts, read 1,150,350 times
Well, Council Bluffs isn't that bad. It's far better than some cities that have fared worse in the rest of the US.

If you trip the red light in Santa Rosa, California you will get a $270 fine. They have the red signs with white letterings in many major intersections.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa