Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 07:12 PM

862 posts, read 1,637,351 times

Advertisements

Anybody know anything about Camelot Towers on Albia Road or Southoak Towers on Finley? How big they are?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2011, 11:05 PM

9,611 posts, read 21,149,007 times
I happened to drive by Camelot Towers when I was in O-Town today. It's in a pretty good location, close to shopping and restaurants. It's an older building but I've never been inside so I can't tell you what the rooms are like.

Old 09-18-2011, 08:56 AM

Thanks linavi & duster.

duster I used to live in Blakesburg so am very familiar with Ottumwa. Both are older and in decent areas. There are pros and cons to each area. I'm just in Kentucky now, and my brother is considering moving to Ottumwa and I am just worried that they are too small.

Thanks again. I think I might call tomorrow and see if I can get a website or at least sq foot of apartments there.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:54 AM

I lived in Blakesburg for about a year several years back. Great little town!

Old 09-18-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
I lived in Blakesburg for about a year several years back. Great little town!
Born and raised in Blakesburg! Left for college, then got married. I miss it at times, especially sitting in my folks' front yard. Even when the train went by. lol

Got lots of family back there. Heck I'm probably related in one way or another to half the town!

Old 09-19-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serate View Post
Born and raised in Blakesburg! Left for college, then got married. I miss it at times, especially sitting in my folks' front yard. Even when the train went by. lol!
"Train?" How about "Trains?" I think something like 50 a day go through there! When we first moved there we asked someone who lived next to the tracks how they handled the trains going by all the time, they told us you just get used to it. We were pretty skeptical but by the time we left we hardly noticed them anymore either.

We lived right next to the car wash that had a pop machine in front of it, one day when my wfe was in the yard a little girl walked by and said "You are so lucky, you get to live next door to the pop machine!" Little things really become luxuries when you live in a town that small.

Old 09-19-2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
"Train?" How about "Trains?" I think something like 50 a day go through there! When we first moved there we asked someone who lived next to the tracks how they handled the trains going by all the time, they told us you just get used to it. We were pretty skeptical but by the time we left we hardly noticed them anymore either.

We lived right next to the car wash that had a pop machine in front of it, one day when my wfe was in the yard a little girl walked by and said "You are so lucky, you get to live next door to the pop machine!" Little things really become luxuries when you live in a town that small.

We lived a couple houses down from the railroad tracks by the overhead bridge. Only time it bothered me was in the summer when the windows were open and the tv was on, back in the days of no remote control. I take that back. Being the youngest kid, I was the remote control. lol

I think that house burnt down a couple years ago. You are so right about the little things really become luxuries when you live in a town that small. I remember when I went to Kansas City for college. Kids were complaining about "nothing to do" and I was like WHAT??? We were never "bored" in the small town with absolutely nothing to do but make our own entertainment. And here we were in a big city with all kinds of things to do and they were oh so bored.

I did call Ottumwa Housing Authority. Effeciancy apartments are about 18 1/2 " X 19 1/2". 1 bedroom apartments are about 20' x 22'. No floor plans online anywhere but he can look at them before deciding if he wants it or not. Once his name comes up. Just in case somebody finds this thread later and wants to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa