U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-21-2012, 08:33 PM

328 posts, read 302,504 times

Advertisements

I was there today and noticed a couple lights have cameras on them....I ran a yellow that turned red at the very end...think they'll send me a ticket in the mail ? Is there anyone to call to check up on it ?
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2012, 07:39 AM

411 posts, read 677,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drawk04 View Post
I was there today and noticed a couple lights have cameras on them....I ran a yellow that turned red at the very end...think they'll send me a ticket in the mail ? Is there anyone to call to check up on it ?

You will not get a ticket this time. However, the city is in debate whether to go ahead with stop light camera ticketing.

I do think cameras at stop lights are a good idea for evaluating fault in accidents only. If the city does go ahead with ticketing idea, they better have green light countdown so drivers know how much time they have before it turns yellow.

Jasper Hobbs

Old 04-22-2012, 10:49 AM

Awesome, big relief there....I agree completely with you. I dont believe in the ticket purpose of them but more of determining more serious business.

Old 04-22-2012, 11:30 AM

91 posts, read 166,107 times
My terminal Manager got a ticket somewhere in the Quadcities in Iowa! Every year trucking companies pass out this paper to truck drivers and we have to write down any moving violations we had in the past year car or truck and the only person who got a ticket last year was my Terminal Manager and that was for running red light and the camera got him! But what is shocking is the in Iowa it goes against your MVR! In Illinois it's just a fine!!

Old 04-22-2012, 04:48 PM

14 posts, read 15,526 times
oh good luck with red light ticketing ideas. this should cause an outrage if it gets passed, since many traffic lights in this city are out of sync. Example, your first stop turns red when next block turns green and by the time you get green light, that next stop turns red! And this happens all the time, when no one crosses the street.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:01 PM

Zippity....we have similar problems in Madison....we dont have cameras (yet) but our lights turn from green to red EXTREMELY quickly, specially down towards the university. I live in Middleton and our lights are the same way but they'll turn for a vehicle in the turning lane almost immediately...which I find to be completely obnoxious...I've wrote city a couple times on the subject but who cares what I think, I only live here and pay taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa