U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 12:54 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,712,387 times

Advertisements

Lets hate on things that are not in our area and try to feel superior! Yeah!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 01:04 AM

39 posts, read 41,732 times
Five Gays. I can live without that.

Old 07-15-2013, 01:31 AM

39 posts, read 41,732 times
I just looked it up doesn't seem like a bad place. I never go out to eat as it is. I can live without it along with all the other places. A lot of people are too lazy to cook their meals or make the time to cook their meals as they claim they are to "busy". I love my home made meals it would be fine with me if I never went out to eat again. The market is flooded with all these places to eat at although this one seems decent.

Old 07-15-2013, 01:10 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,547,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcright79 View Post
I just looked it up doesn't seem like a bad place. I never go out to eat as it is. I can live without it along with all the other places. A lot of people are too lazy to cook their meals or make the time to cook their meals as they claim they are to "busy". I love my home made meals it would be fine with me if I never went out to eat again. The market is flooded with all these places to eat at although this one seems decent.
We don't eat out a lot and yes, I'm sure some eat out that really shouldn't due to budget issues but I think it is unfair to broad brush people that eat out as "lazy". For some that can afford it, it is a quality of life issue. Not everyone enjoys cooking. In addition by going out to eat, people are supporting an industry that creates a lot of entry level jobs that people depend on.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:25 AM

11,020 posts, read 21,599,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funksoulbro View Post
The iPhone was available at any AT&T Wireless retail location from its inception. The iPad followed the same path, and could be ordered online from Apple. It's not like you needed to visit the "Genius Bar" in person to acquire one of these devices.

Five Guys is to burgers what Apple is to technology. It's a pile of hype that sends materialistic Sheeple running into their retail locations to pay big money for an inferior product.
I wouldn't even go that far. There's a Five Guys on my street in Chicago and it's not a big deal at all. I don't see a ton of people in there, don't know anyone who eats it and never hear it talked about. It's just another random fast food joint, right?

Old 07-17-2013, 09:31 AM

3,558 posts, read 4,148,776 times
I lived in Iowa for 18 years and have now lived in Texas for 5. We have five guys here in Texas. I've been maybe once or twice.

I'm going back to Iowa to see family next week. The last place I would ever go to in my home town, even if they had one, would be five guys. I can think of far better restaurants and better burgers.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:32 AM

3,174 posts, read 3,040,523 times
I'm in complete agreement Chicago....it's no big deal.
And if it's an inferior product, it will disappear once it's realized that it has no real cachet.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:57 PM

1,704 posts, read 2,633,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
I wouldn't even go that far. There's a Five Guys on my street in Chicago and it's not a big deal at all. I don't see a ton of people in there, don't know anyone who eats it and never hear it talked about. It's just another random fast food joint, right?
Noooo it's not just another random fast food joint at all, it has a gigantic and growing cult following! You guys must be missing something, because Five Guys is HUGE with Gen Y and the youngest parts of Gen X! It's hailed as the only burger place that's ever been real competition for In-N-Out.

Old 07-17-2013, 03:02 PM

1,511 posts, read 2,062,916 times
Five Guys is pretty popular in Kansas City. They are usually packed (the 2 locations I've been to). Have to admit, I thought their hamburgers and fries were pretty good, though I don't frequent hamburger places much, but my kids love them.

Last edited by ennaf; 07-17-2013 at 03:29 PM..

Old 07-17-2013, 03:32 PM

8,682 posts, read 8,877,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel03 View Post
Noooo it's not just another random fast food joint at all, it has a gigantic and growing cult following! You guys must be missing something, because Five Guys is HUGE with Gen Y and the youngest parts of Gen X! It's hailed as the only burger place that's ever been real competition for In-N-Out.
I am a vegetarian...99.9% of the time. I have a random burger or steak once a year or so. Once in Las Vegas I tried In-N-Out because I kept being told it was amazing and I HAD to try it. YUCK. Total waste of my once a year meat. No idea what the big deal was! If Five Guys is anything like that? No thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa