Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 11:15 AM

1,744 posts, read 7,259,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro223 View Post
What area of the state are you asking about?

I checked his other post and he's asking for something in Hampton Roads. So does anyone know anything about the Mexican food circuit in Virginia?

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

I guess not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 11:17 AM

296 posts, read 1,283,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rhino View Post
I checked his other post and he's asking for something in Hampton Roads. So does anyone know anything about the Mexican food circuit in Virginia?

I guess not.

Well, then, <best Roseanne Rosannadanna voice>
Never mind.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:54 AM

7 posts, read 31,566 times
Two of my favorite places to eat in Iowa would probably have to be Salvatore's Pizza in Muscatine (still the best pizza I've ever had in Iowa) and Soho Sushi Bar and Deli/The Stuffed Olive in Cedar Falls. They have great sushi, an extensive martini menu, a tapas menu, as well as deli sandwiches and paninis. I just moved from Cedar Falls and I really miss that place! It's definitely one of my favorite places to eat.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:55 AM

7 posts, read 31,566 times
Cup of Joe in Cedar Falls is awesome, I agree! Love the atmosphere there and the employees were always VERY friendly and fun. Also, they use milk from a local dairy and many of their desserts are homemade by people who live in Cedar Falls. They do everything they can to keep it "local", which is awesome. Also, they have a huge stack of board games that you can play while you are drinking your coffee as well as many comfy couches to lounge on. Love that place!

Old 03-10-2008, 02:49 PM

2,072 posts, read 5,415,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iagirl30 View Post
Cup of Joe in Cedar Falls is awesome, I agree! Love the atmosphere there and the employees were always VERY friendly and fun. Also, they use milk from a local dairy and many of their desserts are homemade by people who live in Cedar Falls. They do everything they can to keep it "local", which is awesome. Also, they have a huge stack of board games that you can play while you are drinking your coffee as well as many comfy couches to lounge on. Love that place!
The mannicains are rather frightening though, wouldn't you say? Maybe it's just me.

Old 03-10-2008, 02:50 PM

2,072 posts, read 5,415,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rhino View Post

I guess not.
Yea I would come to the IA forum too if I was looking for a restaurant out there. It makes sense if you think about it.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:57 AM

36 posts, read 188,036 times
Over on HeyAmes.com everyone seems to have an affinity for Georges Pizza. It's one of those great mom and pop places.

Old 03-17-2008, 03:52 PM

149 posts, read 686,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie View Post
El Rhino,

Speaking of Italian food, my father (who lives and works in Des Moines) loves to go to this restaurant a lot when he's on his lunch break. I believe the place is called Latin King. Have you ever eaten there? My father loves it but I have never been there.
I have also heard really good things about Latin King. I haven't been there myself either but I'm thinking of trying it out some time when I'm in that neck of the woods.

Old 03-17-2008, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro223 View Post
OHH also Bourbon Street in the same neighborhood of CF is really good cajun food with a great atmosphere, nice lounge upstairs too i believe.
Bourbon Street is excellent! A tad pricey, but not exactly over-priced. Definitely worth going. They have gator bites as an appitizer choice which are excellent, and they also serve really good cajun food. The lounge upstairs is called the Voodoo Lounge...spent a lot of time there during the year I lived in Cedar Falls. They have really comfy leather couches for seating as well as several pool tables. The drinks are a bit on the high side though, but I think they're worth it for the atmosphere.

Old 03-17-2008, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
Latin King sucks. Overpriced, mediocre food with small portions.

Gotta get some Tasty Tacos. Also Iowa Beef Steakhouse is great. Felix and Oscars has the best Chicago style pizza. Chicago Speakeasy is ok. And theres this little place in Beaverdale that is pretty good. It's a ma and pop type place. Don't remember the name though.
Wow I had forgotten that Felix and Oscar's even existed! I used to go there with my parents all the time when I was younger. Is it still located over by Merle Hay Mall? I might have to make a trip to Des Moines just to go eat there again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa