U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 02:34 PM

8,671 posts, read 8,854,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
I grew up outside of Sioux City. We had ice cream trucks out from late spring to early fall. They're not year-round like they are in Phoenix, but they're definitely there.
I didn't know you grew up in Iowa!

They were definitely not in Burlington, and none that I had seen in Des Moines.

I am sure they wouldn't be year round considering it is about 7 degrees and snowing there right now

Old 01-03-2014, 08:55 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,543,028 times
I see an ice cream truck around Clear Lake periodically in the summers. Never have seen one in Des Moines tho.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2014, 09:34 PM

128 posts, read 419,190 times
There's one (Stan's) that cruise around Muscatine, Iowa, usually from spring until early fall. There were two different ones a couple of years ago.

Old 01-23-2014, 01:53 PM

31 posts, read 42,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I recently moved to Phoenix, and recently saw my first ice cream truck. When I mentioned this to a friend, he refused to believe that there were no ice cream trucks in Iowa. I grew up in Burlington and never saw one, and spent the last 12 years in Des Moines...never saw one there either.

Anyone have them in their town/neighborhood?
I am in Iowa now but back home in Michigan, yes we had them.

Old 01-24-2014, 01:22 PM

233 posts, read 262,764 times
They go through my mother's neighborhood in Cedar Rapids quite frequently, ringing their little ice cream chime bells.

Old 02-08-2017, 02:24 AM

1 posts, read 297 times
Default Ice Cream Trucks in Iowa

I own an ice cream truck in Iowa. Mom's Ice Cream. Des Moines does not allow them, but most everywhere else in Iowa does. It is up to the city as to what hoops you have to jump through before you are allowed to run their streets.

I have been in operation since 2009. I have held permits in Ames, Ankeny, Pleasant Hill, Huxley, State Center, Melbourne, Marshalltown, Montour, Tama, Toledo, and LeGrand.

Old 02-08-2017, 07:58 AM

8,671 posts, read 8,854,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsIceCream View Post
I own an ice cream truck in Iowa. Mom's Ice Cream. Des Moines does not allow them, but most everywhere else in Iowa does. It is up to the city as to what hoops you have to jump through before you are allowed to run their streets.

I have been in operation since 2009. I have held permits in Ames, Ankeny, Pleasant Hill, Huxley, State Center, Melbourne, Marshalltown, Montour, Tama, Toledo, and LeGrand.
Wow this is an old thread!

I still have not gotten my ice cream from a truck yet. One cruises my neighborhood regularly in Phoenix, I hear the music, just haven't caught it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa