Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 02:33 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,184,687 times

Advertisements

^ which i guess is a hidden blessing though.....at least in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2007, 08:42 PM

8,036 posts, read 10,628,159 times
He absolutely did not snatch the MinuteMENS endorsement. He was endorsed by a single minuteMAN (and one who was highly compensated for his endorsement, I am sure). The real Minutemen organization is desperately trying to get the word out that they DO NOT ENDORSE Gilchrest (the traitor Minuteman) OR Huckabee.

Old 12-22-2007, 11:42 AM

186 posts, read 335,395 times
minutmanproject.com

He was endorsed by Gilchrist, the man who got the minutemen started.

I don't trust Romney for one minute, he'll say whatever it takes to get elected.

Old 12-28-2007, 08:09 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,347,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txcollegeboy View Post
minutmanproject.com

He was endorsed by Gilchrist, the man who got the minutemen started.

I don't trust Romney for one minute, he'll say whatever it takes to get elected.
Speaking of trust, you've lost a lot of credibility here recklessly posting that "the minutemen have endorsed Huckabee".

From today's Des Moines Register:

Quote:
Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul Thursday picked up endorsements from several individual leaders of the Iowa Minuteman Civil Defense Corps, an anti-illegal immigration group.

Ron Duncan, the deputy director of the group's Iowa chapter, and Mark Land, Taylor County Minuteman leader, each offered the Texas congressman their personal endorsements.

Craig Halverson, director of the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps Iowa chapter, said the group as a whole will not endorse a candidate, but its members are free to support candidates as private citizens.
Here's the full article http://www.desmoinesregister.com/app...0388/1001/NEWS

Old 12-29-2007, 04:32 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,330,688 times
I spent two years walking around Iowa as a Mormon Missionary from 1985 - 1987. Very seldom did I ever find the people of the state to be anything than very friendly and happy to have us around. May not have taught many people about the religion, but did end up with a lot of great freinds. Maybe it is the small town middle America feal of the state. Seems that most of you in the state are very informed about the candidates and the views of those running. At the same time I would say that there are many within the state that would not be offended to have a member of the Mormon Church run for president of the nation. There are also many that will vote for Romney. Just so you will know members of the church follow a view about government. We believe in being subject to kings, Presidents, rulers, and Magistrates, in obeying, honoring and sustaining the law. I would say that out of all the candidates the one that everyone is worried about taking advice from there church is the only one that would not get the advice from his church. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is politically neutral when it comes to such things.

Old 12-29-2007, 12:14 PM

1 posts, read 3,709 times
Why! NOT!

Huckster does not know what he is talking about. One minute he welcomes illegals and gives them benefits and the next he claims he will be tough on them. I don't believe him for a mintue.

Fox News Sunday Dec.9th

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Gi2HCUM0pro

AModerator cut: links only, please, and not to political sites

Last edited by Sam I Am; 12-31-2007 at 04:43 AM.. Reason: copyright

Old 12-29-2007, 09:41 PM

1,744 posts, read 7,258,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
I spent two years walking around Iowa as a Mormon Missionary from 1985 - 1987. Very seldom did I ever find the people of the state to be anything than very friendly and happy to have us around. May not have taught many people about the religion, but did end up with a lot of great freinds. Maybe it is the small town middle America feal of the state. Seems that most of you in the state are very informed about the candidates and the views of those running. At the same time I would say that there are many within the state that would not be offended to have a member of the Mormon Church run for president of the nation. There are also many that will vote for Romney. Just so you will know members of the church follow a view about government. We believe in being subject to kings, Presidents, rulers, and Magistrates, in obeying, honoring and sustaining the law. I would say that out of all the candidates the one that everyone is worried about taking advice from there church is the only one that would not get the advice from his church. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is politically neutral when it comes to such things.

I've read that Mormons are notoriously loyal to the government. I've heard that the CIA is full of Mormons to the point where they call it the "Mormon Mafia" and get a substancial amount of new hires from BYU and such.

Even though I don't disagree with many of these out of state posters, but I'll be glad once Iowa is back out of the spotlight and we don't get people with an agenda coming to the Iowa forum. That's not directed at you, Mr. Mormon.

Old 12-30-2007, 01:19 AM

1,961 posts, read 6,921,728 times
Why all of the angst towards Mormons? Mormons have their quirks, don't we all. I pick McCain and Romney for Republicans and Obama, Richardson, and Edwards for the Dems. Overall, I would like to see Richardson, Edwards, or Obama president. I think that the country needs a breath of fresh air after the disaster that has been left to the American people since early 2001. I think that the Democrats have a more exciting pool of candidates and ones that have more charisma and youthfulness than the Republicans. About time.

I hear about the Iowa primaries stuff from my brother who lives in Iowa and from the Sioux Falls, SD media, which they cover the candidate stops in the very northwestern corner of Iowa. The most recent one to my memory are Romney visiting Rock Rapids and Edwards visiting Lyon County and others visiting in the Sioux Center and Sheldon areas.

Old 12-30-2007, 03:01 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,330,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rhino View Post
I've read that Mormons are notoriously loyal to the government. I've heard that the CIA is full of Mormons to the point where they call it the "Mormon Mafia" and get a substancial amount of new hires from BYU and such.

Even though I don't disagree with many of these out of state posters, but I'll be glad once Iowa is back out of the spotlight and we don't get people with an agenda coming to the Iowa forum. That's not directed at you, Mr. Mormon.
I have no desire to step into the Iowa forum and get into politics. I like to visit because I spent time there and it is nice to see how things are going in the state since I was last there. I have no political agenda. I guess you do have your share of those that are visting the forum to see what the concensus is. My thoughts were directed toward Romney taking his marching orders from Salt Lake City. I am positive that will never happen. I often wonder why no one asked if Henry Reid would do the same thing. But then they never voted for him did they. As the head of the Senate he is also a Mormon, just one that sits on the other side of the aisle from where most Mormon national leaders would sit.

Old 12-30-2007, 08:22 PM

1 posts, read 3,680 times
[SIZE=2]This is basically the gist of Huckabee's immigration plan touchback provision:

He would repeal the multi-year baring of illegals to re-enter the U.S. for illegals who register during a 120-day period with Homeland Security and temporarily exit the country (for only a few days, at most). It is also highly likely that many would not even leave the country but would be allowed to go to their nearest consulate on American soil for paperwork.

They would face no penalty if they apply to immigrate back to U.S. (they'd be back in within just days). He would not utilize the current legal immigration law process for immigration to the U.S. but would set up special processing for these ‘special case formerly illegal’ immigrants. He also would reward these lawbreakers (and their law-breaking employers) by allowing the aliens to keep the very jobs they broke into the country and took. He wants them back in quick to slide back into the same jobs they had before their quick exit and return (touchback).

Huckabee will utilize every trick in the book to legalize illegal aliens. He's just a bit more deceptive, shifty and crafty in how he hides the fact that he will provide amnesty. By all means, don't take my word on this if you are skeptical. Dig deep on Huckabee and look at the man behing the curtain. I'm betting you won't really care for what you see.

Huckabee has stated that our economy would collapse without the presence of illegal aliens here. Really? My oh my...how did we manage to survive as a nation and grow our economy these past two centuries and well into the 1970's before the accelerated mass entries of illegal aliens? In 1986, our spineless Congressmen and Senators decided instead of dealing with the problem, they'd just give amnesty to the illegals so their incompetence, corruption, greed and dysfunction could be just swept under the rug. Then in 2007, they tried the same thing, but this time an educated, forceful, awake and fed up public citizenry stopped them in their tracks. Now their tookus is in a sling as they don't know what to do, so basically they are doing what they've been doing over the last 30 years...nothing as far as border security and immigration enforcement.

2008 is a pivitol year, likely even a tipping point, in the history of America. Will we continue to be a strong, sovereign nation ruled by law or will we let the invasion continue until America's slide into anarchy is unstoppable?

We need to elect a leader as President who will protect the value of U.S. citizenship, work for the citizens of America, fiercely protect our sovereignty, stop the march to globlism and the formation of the NAU, and solve our illegal immigration problem. That does not involve granting amnesty to illegal aliens. Huckabee is not your man if you care for those issues. Neither is McCain, Ghuliani of any of the Democrats.

Just remember to pick a candidate to support not on what they say they will do but on what they have actually done.
[/SIZE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa