Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 09:44 PM

4 posts, read 4,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
Sweet Jebus..Don't try so hard, it's embarrassing to read.

You made a couple good points, but in that book you wrote the good points were lost in the rant.

That's all I ever intended it to be anyway, a rant with a couple of good points...... and it was equally embarrassing to write, seeing as how I am from the Quad Cities, and am one of the few who actually can see this place for what it is. It's a dump. I'm curious what views you have on the Quad Cities, with a name like Dport7674. Also, I'll have you know my distaste for the Quad Cities is not hard to express. It flows free just like the 17,000 gallons of raw sewage flushed into the river at LeClaire last week. Have a great QC day!

In any case, I'm trying to help OP. You could help out by stating what exactly you agree with, or, what are the "good points", as you put it, in my "book". I gave my opinion but you gave absolutely nothing except criticism.......

Last edited by AZSun87; 04-21-2014 at 09:49 PM.. Reason: helping out OP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2014, 11:31 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,606,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZSun87 View Post
That's all I ever intended it to be anyway, a rant with a couple of good points...... and it was equally embarrassing to write, seeing as how I am from the Quad Cities, and am one of the few who actually can see this place for what it is. It's a dump. I'm curious what views you have on the Quad Cities, with a name like Dport7674. Also, I'll have you know my distaste for the Quad Cities is not hard to express. It flows free just like the 17,000 gallons of raw sewage flushed into the river at LeClaire last week. Have a great QC day!

In any case, I'm trying to help OP. You could help out by stating what exactly you agree with, or, what are the "good points", as you put it, in my "book". I gave my opinion but you gave absolutely nothing except criticism.......

I moved away as soon as I as old enough. (I've been using the Dport handle since the internet began). But I go home often and actually see an area on an upswing.

I don't usually agree with "the sky is falling, an ice storm would knock out power for a year' nonsense. It's a boring, exaggerated, and dishonest way of writing.

I usually ignore posts of both extremes. "It's a horrible shhthole of a place!" or "I love it, it's amazing!"

A person could do a lot worse than the QCA.

Old 04-22-2014, 12:08 AM

4 posts, read 4,278 times
It is true that a person could do a lot worse than the Quad Cities. I don't, however, believe that what I wrote is dishonest. The infrastructure of the Quad Cities is in a worse state than many mid-western cities. Today I saw a rotten tree (a huge tree) laying in a yard on Kirkwood Blvd. If it fell the other way, it would have been bad. Especially when this winter, a driver hit a building on Brady Street and it knocked out power to my house northwest of 53rd and power to my fathers in the East Village. If you live here then you know that is two completely different parts of the city for the same accident. Very dangerous, especially with a large population of senior citizens. It could be that I just don't understand the grid. No biggie, trees fall. And I also haven't had the opportunity to see the area on the upswing, as I'm only 27, and have not lived in the QCA for all of those years. I hope to see the Quad Cities do better, but it is still not somewhere I would choose to live or buy a home. The school situation is bad though, and has gotten worse. That I can confirm first hand. It is a system that you need to be very proactive in, unless you want your kids pumping gas for a living.

I'd also like to add for the OP, I have a 4x4 F150, and am glad I do. Some of my frustration could come from wanting a Dodge Challenger, but would be a horrible daily driver!

As Dport said, you could do worse. It's just not for everyone, and it aint "The Music Man". Good luck OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa