Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 10:11 PM

459 posts, read 474,744 times

Advertisements

Elections are around the corner. Don't forget to get out and vote! It's important to do so imho. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2014, 07:12 AM

4,860 posts, read 6,918,406 times
Indian Wanting Coffee:
>
> An Indian walks into a cafe with a shotgun in one hand and pulling a
> male buffalo with other.
>
> He says to the waiter:
>
>
>
>
> "Want coffee."
> The waiter says, "Sure Chief. Coming right up."
>
> He gets the Indian a tall mug of coffee.....
>
> The Indian drinks the coffee down in one gulp, turns and blasts the
> buffalo with the shotgun causing parts of the animal to splatter every
> where and then just walks out.
>
> The next morning the Indian returns.
> He has his shotgun in one hand, pulling another male buffalo with the
> other.
>
> He walks up to the counter and says to the waiter:
>
>
>
>
> "Want coffee."
> The waiter says, "Whoa, Tonto!
> We're still cleaning up your mess from yesterday. What was all that
> about, anyway??
>
> The Indian smiles and proudly says,
>
>
>
> "Training for position in United States Congress. Come in, drink
> coffee, shoot the bull, leave mess for others to clean up, Disappear
> for rest of day."
>
>
> NOVEMBER 2014--- VOTE WISELY!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-31-2014, 07:51 AM

231 posts, read 394,264 times
Remember, if you don't vote for Bruce Braley, you could end up with an Iowa farmer in DC. Thanks! Now enjoy your message board.

Old 10-31-2014, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one is lonely View Post
Remember, if you don't vote for Bruce Braley, you could end up with an Iowa farmer in DC. Thanks! Now enjoy your message board.
Don't you mean Bruce Bailey? That's what his "good friend" Michelle Obama knows him by.

Old 10-31-2014, 09:32 AM

231 posts, read 394,264 times
Since I moved to Iowa a few months ago, the amount of anti-Bruce Braley ads I've heard is truly astonishing. I'll have a couple browser tabs open and three anti-Braley ads will start playing at once, all starting at slightly different times so the total effect is slightly demonic in nature. Sure, this Braley guy sounds flawed, but I find myself distrustful of an opposition with such deep pockets for mudslinging ads of scant substance. Probably best not to vote for either side.

Old 10-31-2014, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one is lonely View Post
Since I moved to Iowa a few months ago, the amount of anti-Bruce Braley ads I've heard is truly astonishing. I'll have a couple browser tabs open and three anti-Braley ads will start playing at once, all starting at slightly different times so the total effect is slightly demonic in nature. Sure, this Braley guy sounds flawed, but I find myself distrustful of an opposition with such deep pockets for mudslinging ads of scant substance. Probably best not to vote for either side.
I hear you. I'm in South Dakota so I don't have a dog in your hunt. I just found it amusing that Michelle Obama must be hanging out with Biden and getting advice on how to stick her foot in her mouth.

Old 10-31-2014, 10:44 AM

178 posts, read 334,410 times
You've gotta admit Jodi Ernst for starting one of her political ads by letting you know she used to castrate pigs. I'm voting for her.

Old 10-31-2014, 01:00 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,347,219 times
I'd amend the thread title to "please vote if you've been doing your due dilligence and getting to know the candidates....otherwise, pls stay home".

I fear the number of people that are heavily influenced and vote based on 30 second attack ads. For the good of the Republic, it does none of us any good to encourage the ignorant to vote just for the sake of voting.

Old 10-31-2014, 01:04 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,257,171 times
Screw the issues, I won't be voting for anyone who sent me more than one flyer in the mail. This is the worst election cycle I've ever seen for direct mailings. They took the waste basket out of the lobby of our local post office because it was overflowing with the stupid things every day.

I don't consider myself a tree-hugger, but anyone who is willing to waste paper like this won't have any problem wasting my tax money once he or she gets in office.

Old 11-01-2014, 12:02 AM

415 posts, read 1,738,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
I don't consider myself a tree-hugger, but anyone who is willing to waste paper like this won't have any problem wasting my tax money once he or she gets in office.
I found a good use for them this week...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa