Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 11:15 PM

10 posts, read 10,403 times

Advertisements

I am moving to the west coast soon from the east (and i hope in the distant future to live around the country)

Cedar Rapids winters are cold but not to people from Yakutsk,Barrow,Omyakon,Yellowknife,billions of people on other planets who have winters 40 degrees colder than South Pole winters.People from the places I listed would call Cedar Rapids winters 'tropical' in comparison from where they are from.Heck some of them would need air conditioning to deal with Cedar Rapids winters

Cedar Rapids Iowa will never see temps in the -30s let alone -40s ,-50s,-60s. If someone wants to feel those temps in winter,then Cedar Rapids is not the place for them (unless they buy a weather altering machine which allows them to make Cedar Rapids winters become colder)

Cedar Rapids doesn't get snow in winter either. 26 inches per year is nothing.Old Bridge New Joisey gets 28 inches per year . Truckee gets 200 inches a year. Syracuse gets 126 inches a year. Kutchan Japan gets 426 inches of snow per year.Denver gets 52 inches of snow per year.Anchorage gets 80 inches of snow per year.Cleveland gets over 70 inches of snow per year. To me Cedar Rapids is not snowy at all

My connection to Iowa?? I flew over it .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2015, 08:27 AM

118 posts, read 207,381 times
I guess that settles it. CR is not cold, but sometimes it gets hot in the summer. Are there any places in the world that get hotter than Cedar Rapids, IA?

I'd probably have a better understanding of such things if I flew over the midwest, rather than landing in/departing from the midwest.

Old 06-08-2015, 09:37 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,292,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL Hawkeye View Post
I guess that settles it. CR is not cold, but sometimes it gets hot in the summer. Are there any places in the world that get hotter than Cedar Rapids, IA?

I'd probably have a better understanding of such things if I flew over the midwest, rather than landing in/departing from the midwest.
All of those years I spent actually living in the state of Iowa were just a waste! And the vacations I have taken to various places? A waste of time and money! Who knew I could have just flown OVER and I would know it all!

Anyone can look at a map and weather data and come to the conclusion that one place is or isn't hot or cold or this or that. That doesn't make it real compared to those who have really experienced it.

Old 06-08-2015, 09:47 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,694,717 times
What an amazing amount of energy expended to write a post about a city and state that one has never visited.

Someone needs to get a life that involves something other than flying over things.

We should all check the state forums for states in the middle of the country to see what other pearls of wisdom this poster has dropped upon us.

Old 06-08-2015, 10:51 AM

1,485 posts, read 2,252,776 times
No kidding. Most of his other posts are related to temperature in some way, or asking whether the bulk of Americans will ever visit Minnesota sometime in their lives.

To be honest, he's probably a drive-by troll that might have gotten into some trouble a while back with another name. In most other forums, it'd probably be in the middle of Page 3 by now. It's times like this that I wish the Iowa forum had more activity.

Old 06-08-2015, 02:51 PM

I used to post a lot more, but there are a few posters who are negative about the entire state and DSM in particular that don't even live here. You know who you are.

It got to the point that it wasn't worth posting because it would invariably turn into a whine fest.

Old 06-08-2015, 03:50 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,608,438 times
So why are we feeding this troll?

I should start a thread about RAGBRAI 2015.

Old 06-08-2015, 06:20 PM

^If I posted that I'd get an infraction.

Old 06-08-2015, 08:01 PM

3,874 posts, read 4,697,255 times
I've been out of town & away from the forum so I'll do my bit to contribute again & get back into the swing of things here.
There was an Iowa chat thread that someone, perhaps Elle Tea, opened up a few years ago. It's gone totally dormant but I seem to recall that it was conversational in general & not a topic specific thread.
If I went to find & reactivate it, I suppose that I'd ask what vacation plans everyone has, especially since my week off ends in the a.m.

Old 06-08-2015, 08:11 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,608,438 times
My comment was directed at the OP, not you, Tek. You are cool!

Atler, I'm looking for that thread . . . that's a great idea! I can't remember the title, only that ElleTea's house photos were on it. I'll keep looking, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
View detailed profiles of: