Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2015, 04:27 PM

2 posts, read 1,720 times

Advertisements

I wanted to gain a bit of research on cities that have started competitive activities such as tournaments. I have been living in a city called council bluffs, Iowa. There really isn't anything for young people to do here. With so much idle minds there is no wonder there is no interest with the youth to keep healthy mentally and physically. I just want to know if it is a good Morale Boosting activity with in a city. Because sports such as basketball, is a competitive activity that involves a team or individual carrying something protected by them to a goal to score. I want to learn more about sponsorships, and what not, I just wanted to know if this might be a good idea in a community.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fseFqa2ItsA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2015, 12:32 PM

695 posts, read 714,328 times
Back in the day Council Bluffs, used to be a big Teenage hangout along West Broadway on weekend nights. With that kind of activity illegal these days, you're right, not much to do. However, since Omaha, NE is right across the border perhaps you can find some action over there.

Old 09-08-2015, 03:01 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,265,040 times
Not sure exactly where the OP looked, but a 30 second Google search turned up a half-dozen organizations in Council Bluffs proper that offer youth basketball leagues.

Old 09-18-2015, 08:02 PM

2 posts, read 1,720 times
I'm not just talking about the youth, I'm more looking for information on events that focus on the people in the middle. There is a reason why there is so much idle energy with people in their teens and 20's. Here you have to get into a job, and have kids. I feel A lot of ambition here, and no real guidance on where to move it towards. C.B. is focused on children and the elderly. I just think there has to be a focus on the middle as well, if not it screws up the balance.

Omaha will lead me around, and cut my legs underneath me if I try to organize anything there. They have done it before, which is because I'm not living there, and some other conflicts we have. This is just research for now, and I thank you a bunch for the comments. If you do find anyone that is interested in learning more let me know. I'm just trying to find ways to be active, and be a helping hand to people who are like me.

There is so much more that this place can be. I guess I'm just as idle as anyone I'm talking about above. I just want feel as if I'm doing something, rather then just waiting. Ever feel like that?

Last edited by voiceofjon; 09-18-2015 at 08:13 PM..

Old 09-23-2015, 01:24 PM

317 posts, read 431,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofjon View Post
I'm not just talking about the youth, I'm more looking for information on events that focus on the people in the middle. There is a reason why there is so much idle energy with people in their teens and 20's. Here you have to get into a job, and have kids. I feel A lot of ambition here, and no real guidance on where to move it towards. C.B. is focused on children and the elderly. I just think there has to be a focus on the middle as well, if not it screws up the balance.

Omaha will lead me around, and cut my legs underneath me if I try to organize anything there. They have done it before, which is because I'm not living there, and some other conflicts we have. This is just research for now, and I thank you a bunch for the comments. If you do find anyone that is interested in learning more let me know. I'm just trying to find ways to be active, and be a helping hand to people who are like me.

There is so much more that this place can be. I guess I'm just as idle as anyone I'm talking about above. I just want feel as if I'm doing something, rather then just waiting. Ever feel like that?
My best advice is to explore your options country-wide, even world wide. Larger cities outside the Midwest will open greater opportunity for all ages. Travel, see where you can go to college, or live after, and see what options are out there for you to pursue in life. I wish I would have said this to myself in high school years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
View detailed profiles of: