Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 08:38 AM

1,153 posts, read 1,048,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayman29 View Post
Iowa is more religious than many states, but it is by no means dominate. The west side of the state is more religious. The east side of the state has grown over the last two decades, and as a result Iowa has become more rounded in terms of religious and political views.

I don't know what experience or knowledge you have with Iowa, but you seem to have looked down on the state because of your idea of Iowan's religious views. Iowa's does have a fairly strong religious community, but for the most part, the people of Iowa generally get along despite religious or political differences. The bigger issue is whether you support the Hawkeyes or the Cyclones.
I'm not religious, but I love conservative Christians and love living around them.

Why? Because Christians in general create stable communities, raise their kids (again, all of this is a generality) to not be unproductive or destructive losers, and generally keep to themselves.

When the golden rules of libertarianism (i.e. "don't hurt others and don't take other people's stuff") are followed I believe anyone can get along with anyone. And while I don't personally have religious beliefs, I am comfortable going into a Church and am well received inside....because I have enough respect for the people who choose to make that a part of their life.

Good luck implementing that in more "liberal" areas where people tend to be far too interested in other people's business to leave well enough alone, and where the citizenry is constantly demanding (or even manages to take) my stuff, and where you are much more likely to be harmed by random acts of violence. Again, I speak in generalities.

Old 11-21-2015, 11:32 AM

95 posts, read 204,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InchingWest View Post
I'm not religious, but I love conservative Christians and love living around them.

Why? Because Christians in general create stable communities, raise their kids (again, all of this is a generality) to not be unproductive or destructive losers, and generally keep to themselves.

When the golden rules of libertarianism (i.e. "don't hurt others and don't take other people's stuff") are followed I believe anyone can get along with anyone. And while I don't personally have religious beliefs, I am comfortable going into a Church and am well received inside....because I have enough respect for the people who choose to make that a part of their life.

Good luck implementing that in more "liberal" areas where people tend to be far too interested in other people's business to leave well enough alone, and where the citizenry is constantly demanding (or even manages to take) my stuff, and where you are much more likely to be harmed by random acts of violence. Again, I speak in generalities.
I don't agree with this at all. "where people tend to be far too interested in other people's business to leave well enough alone" what? This describes many Christians way more than "liberals".

Old 11-21-2015, 08:49 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,409,287 times
Another one-and-done poster on City-Data. Iowa is definitely not the place to move...because the OP says so.

Old 11-21-2015, 08:52 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,207,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
Your post tells me that Iowa does a good job taking care of public and social services.

On the other hand, I would have thought that Iowa wasn't a good destination because of the preponderance of religious fundamentalists there.

Don't know anything about Iowa do you?
You appear to be good at assumptions though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa