U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 09:12 PM

310 posts, read 1,142,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpHawkeye View Post
Was that the tornado that happened right before the Cyclone football game? I remember watching that on the news...very scary.

were you in IC when the april 13th tornadoes hit? I saw it touch down no more than 100 yards from me while riding my bike home from work, it was amazing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2008, 12:01 PM

681 posts, read 2,717,752 times
I was there. I wasn't as close as you were, but it was very scary nonetheless. Got to see some of the looting afterward, as well.

Old 03-03-2008, 11:24 AM

6 posts, read 30,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missncr View Post
[FONT=Fixedsys]Would anyone be willing to post some of their photos of Iowa? I don't have any recent ones, but I will look for some old ones if I have them. Old and recent would be great![/FONT]
I have some early twenties photos made in Cedar Rapids and some that I need someone to identify for me. My Dad was a shutter bug and a Steeple Jack and loved to use his occupational perch overlooking the places that he worked to take photos . He was in his late teens in the early nineteen-twenties and perhaps there are people who would like to display their knowledge of the mid-west by helping me identify these old photos where Dad worked as a young man.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:26 PM

7,065 posts, read 2,748,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knippa View Post
I have some early twenties photos made in Cedar Rapids and some that I need someone to identify for me. My Dad was a shutter bug and a Steeple Jack and loved to use his occupational perch overlooking the places that he worked to take photos . He was in his late teens in the early nineteen-twenties and perhaps there are people who would like to display their knowledge of the mid-west by helping me identify these old photos where Dad worked as a young man.
By all means post them! I am very interested in seeing them. Are the photos all from Cedar Rapids or just the Iowa location?

We won't know until you post them, I guess. hehe

Old 03-03-2008, 04:32 PM

2,073 posts, read 4,849,724 times
I agree, please post them I love old photos and I know that area pretty well.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:56 AM

38 posts, read 91,801 times
This one is nice.....

Old 03-04-2008, 04:55 PM

Nice eagle. Where is this?

Old 03-04-2008, 05:01 PM

636 posts, read 851,099 times
^That would be downtown Des Moines.

Old 03-04-2008, 05:06 PM

Ahh, I have never been in the downtown area there. Anyone have any pics of Adventureland? I bet it has changed over the years.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:29 PM

13 posts, read 75,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missncr View Post
Ahh, I have never been in the downtown area there. Anyone have any pics of Adventureland? I bet it has changed over the years.
In looking for pictures of Adventureland, you can google "adventureland altoona, iowa", click images, and it has some..

it hasn't really changed much... it does, although, seem to get a new "attraction" each summer! I love going back every summer to see what is new and visit the old! Yeah, I'm young, but it's one thing I've done mulitple times each summer and can't wait to continue! So yeah, check out the website, the google images, you can learn what's new! I have some pics, but mostly of my friends and I this past summer, not really any showing the park sorry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa