U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 06:50 AM

2,785 posts, read 3,739,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPerkins33 View Post
I'd be completely overjoyed if smoking became illegal altogether.
As if that'd stop people from doing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 07:00 AM

600 posts, read 644,146 times
Quote:
And I hate sitting in traffic and having some jerkstores cigarette smoke drift into my car.
Why can't you just roll up your windows?

Old 04-17-2008, 07:09 AM

600 posts, read 644,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
Well that's true. Think of how many murders there have been over marijuana just because it's "illegal".

Old 04-17-2008, 10:52 AM

310 posts, read 871,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie View Post
Why can't you just roll up your windows?
I shouldn't have to.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:53 AM

Quote:
it would stop them from doing it in public, thats from damn sure.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:56 AM

Quote:
I shouldn't have to. And not only that if you have the A/C on then you can still smell that crap.
What else bothers you? Fat people? People drinking? Ugly old cars rolling down the street? Please share so we can notify the proper legislators and continue to shelter your life.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:04 PM

Quote:
What else bothers you? Fat people? People drinking? Ugly old cars rolling down the street? Please share so we can notify the proper legislators and continue to shelter your life.

You just don't get it do you? You can talk about your rights until you are blue in the face but you are impeding on MY right to breathe smoke free air, you have no grounds to *****. I've had to deal with that crap my entire life, you've had free reign to blow that crap in non-smokers faces for as long as cigarettes have been around. There are way more non smokers than there are smokers so you might as well come to grips with the fact that the majority doesn't want deal with cigarette smoke wherever we go.

It has nothing to do with sheltering. It has everything to do with the fact that I shouldn't have to smell your disgusting habit everywhere I go. I don't care if you want to slowly kill yourself, just don't do it around me, or your kids.

Have some damn respect for other people and keep your habit to yourself. How you decided that smoking would be a good thing to start doing is beyond me.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:18 PM

534 posts, read 1,011,725 times
I have read so many smokers up in arms about this, to the point of sounding like a bunch of whiners. Have any of you smokers complaining so much about the ban stop to think of just how addicted you are to smoking? I would think if you weren't the ban would bother you so much. Save the "rights" talk, I've heard it all. You all make it sound like every bar in Iowa is going to shut down now. I would think business would be better due to the non-smokers who don't want to go into a smokey bar, can now go. I know if our friends want to hang out, we can finally go with them.

I also laugh at how many smokers won't smoke in their house or car because they don't want those to smell, but by all means, blow it in my face.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:41 PM

Wow! Somebody's got their panties up in a bunch. No need to swear and get beligerant. I guess it does hurt when people tear your arguments down to nothing.

I'll save you both the speech on property rights. It's kind of pointless to explain individual rights to fascists.

Oh for the record I DO NOT SMOKE and dont plan on it. It's a disgusting habit.

Last edited by zz4guy; 04-17-2008 at 01:51 PM..

Old 04-17-2008, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Wow! Somebody's got their panties up in a bunch. No need to swear and get beligerant. I guess it does hurt when people tear your arguments down to nothing.

I'll save you both the speech on property rights. It's kind of pointless to explain individual rights to fascists.

Oh for the record I DO NOT SMOKE and dont plan on it. It's a disgusting habit.
You haven't torn down my arguments in any way shape or form.

the fact that people actually think they have property rights in the first place is sad. At most you are just leasing it until Wal Mart decides they need a new store and your land is the perfect place for it. Totally messed up? Yes. A real thing? Sadly.

And don't call me a fascist, I am conservative on every issue but this one.

And there you go lying about not being a smoker, your credibility just hit rock bottom:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/2882387-post27.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/2890602-post35.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa