U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-10-2008, 08:24 AM

1 posts, read 1,558 times

Advertisements

I want to buy some hard red winter wheat. I have found it on the internet but its outrageous to ship it. I am building an emergency food supply and want to buy it in 50lb bags. I am not a farmer or I would probably already know where to get it. I am in North Central Iowa. A road trip isn't out of the question as long as its not to Oregon or something. Thanks for any input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 09:10 PM

401 posts, read 663,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouphador View Post
I want to buy some hard red winter wheat. I have found it on the internet but its outrageous to ship it. I am building an emergency food supply and want to buy it in 50lb bags. I am not a farmer or I would probably already know where to get it. I am in North Central Iowa. A road trip isn't out of the question as long as its not to Oregon or something. Thanks for any input.
You are building an emergency food supply; do you know something we don't?

Jasper Hobbs

Old 11-14-2008, 10:07 AM

2,716 posts, read 4,607,149 times
Lol, I know of people who are doing the same. Many are also buying up silver (oldest form of precious metal currency) and stocking up on guns and ammo.

Some people are even installing fuel tanks in case of an interuption in the supply they will be ok for a few weeks.

Crazy times...

Old 11-14-2008, 09:30 PM

337 posts, read 1,063,886 times
Yup this idea isn't as crazy as some people make it seem.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:20 PM

918 posts, read 1,044,540 times
Eh, Im a manager where I work so if the **** really hit the fan I would just let myself in at night and take all the water/food/etc. We have pallets and pallets of water, and a lot of food stuff (even though it is mostly crap, its better than nothing).

Old 11-15-2008, 07:27 AM

682 posts, read 2,066,038 times
About the only place I can think of that might have an answer for you is the ISU Ag Extension Office. There's usually one in each county, with a headquarters in Ames. They seem to be the authority on Ag stuff in Iowa.

Iowa State University Extension
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa