U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 11:52 AM

3,146 posts, read 3,037,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scimitar12 View Post
Iowa does have one the coolest uniforms in all of college football, IMHO. However, ISU could have decent unis too, but they wear from time to time really atrocious uni color outfits; they are all that red/crimson color. Looks like they are wearing pajamas. Too bad too as the uniforms could be made pretty cool.
Big Ten rule:

Iowa does black-and-gold far better than Purdue does. Or is it Purdon't?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 08:52 AM

383 posts, read 849,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsg25 View Post
Big Ten rule:

Iowa does black-and-gold far better than Purdue does. Or is it Purdon't?
Actually, Missouri could have one of the coolest unis in all of football, but like Iowa State, they like to wear mono-color unis; MU's is all black. In addition to looking like they are wearing black pajamas, they look terribly high-schoolish.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:30 PM

682 posts, read 2,078,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scimitar12 View Post
Actually, Missouri could have one of the coolest unis in all of football, but like Iowa State, they like to wear mono-color unis; MU's is all black. In addition to looking like they are wearing black pajamas, they look terribly high-schoolish.
Mizzou is my favorite Big 12 team, and I agree with you. But to be fair, up until a few seasons ago their entire program was high-schoolish.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:58 PM

1,306 posts, read 1,556,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
Iowa is definitely a Hawkeye state. It will be interesting to see if the Cyclones new football coach can change that. I'm from CA and chose ISU for my master's, fwiw. I really like the laid back local feel at ISU.

I would say Paul Rhoads can do something with the Cyclones! That win against Nebraska was so sweet. Im sure this will energize and grow the fan base, especially in the west part of the state. Hope they get a bowl game this year, also glad it won't be at the expense of the Hawkeyes this time around, if it happens.

I was nervous about Iowa vs Michigan State game, what a nail biter and incredible finish for the Hawkeyes! Now I would think that only Ohio State can block the way to a perfect season and possible shot at the BCS for the hawks.

Old 10-25-2009, 04:50 PM

3,146 posts, read 3,037,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofford View Post
I would say Paul Rhoads can do something with the Cyclones! That win against Nebraska was so sweet. Im sure this will energize and grow the fan base, especially in the west part of the state. Hope they get a bowl game this year, also glad it won't be at the expense of the Hawkeyes this time around, if it happens.

I was nervous about Iowa vs Michigan State game, what a nail biter and incredible finish for the Hawkeyes! Now I would think that only Ohio State can block the way to a perfect season and possible shot at the BCS for the hawks.
i see your point. But the Hawks would have to come up with incredible style points against the Buckeyes, more than just a win even one played in Columbus. You have to realize the sad truth of it all: the worst thing the Hawkeyes have in a BCS dream is the Big Ten. Sadder still, since I remain a B10 fan.

Old 10-26-2009, 03:12 PM

34 posts, read 61,314 times
If you want to support rapists, drunks, professor perverts and all around bad influences, go ahead and support the hawkeyes.......don't believe me, just check out the ongoing still scandal of the rape trial of two iowa athletes, now postponed into 2010 when it happen in 2008. Heck, they can't even get their recruits to behave on a visit to the school. It's not hard to be be a hawkeye, a beer will do it. Try reading the Des Moines Register. Even their own student Newspaper DOESN'T CUT THE ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT ANY SLACK

Most hawkeye fans just ignore the bad as long as they win....SAD

Last edited by majorcyfan; 10-26-2009 at 03:49 PM..

Old 10-26-2009, 06:39 PM

9,176 posts, read 13,676,530 times
^ bitter bitter bitter

Old 10-26-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
^ bitter bitter bitter

But the facts stated are TRUE, TRUE, TRUE All documented in the newspapers
covering all the scandals in Iowa City Last yr was a bad yr, they only had two professors commit suicide over sexual harassment, and only two athletes charged finally with Rape, among 35 arrests of athletes.

Don't think that is bitter, it is the call of justice ringing in their ears

Old 10-26-2009, 08:35 PM

1,306 posts, read 1,556,393 times
ISU had problems with some of their athletes in the past, as well. I seem to remember Jason Berryman punched another student, robbed him and took his cell phone. He tried to lie his way out of it and the cops dialed the stolen phone and Jason's pants were ringing. McCarney let him come back to play, so I think they got some dirt on their hands too.

However, the Iowa program has had way more trouble than ISU with high profile incidents of criminal activity amongst the athletes. I hope they get it under control. I also sorta think it comes with the territory with young aggressive players that their not always the nicest people you would meet on your way to sunday school, nor do they use the best judgement in many cases.

Old 10-27-2009, 08:53 AM

one versus the many, get real and quit making bogus comparisons. You don't really want to open a whoopa** can of worms, do you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa