Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2010, 12:00 PM

3 posts, read 13,409 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to Waterloo, and was wondering if anybody has info at all on these apartments. Are they well kept? Is it an okay area to live? I've done multiple searches and cant find a single review about the apartments. Please help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2010, 01:29 PM

321 posts, read 861,111 times
I lived in Waterloo for five years. At one point, I considered moving to Russell Lamson to save money and had them show me a studio apartment. Although a little gloomy, the place appeared to be clean, and the people I saw going in and out looked like they behaved themselves, although I think they're mostly poor. I got the impression that they had good management. The studio apartment was tiny but the 1BR was decent-sized. I think they have a mix of different size apartments for different prices. However, I couldn't justify the cost savings for the inconvenience of having to park a short distance away and walk inside and take the elevator up plus having less space and a gloomier atmosphere.

Later on, I heard that the place was a haven for drug users. I was only there briefly, but a lot of your neighbors will probably be unsavory characters and you'll have to share the elevator with them. I doubt they'll bother you, but they will be on drugs. I really don't think crime or excessive noise will be an issue, but it's likely a gloomy, depressing place to live. Waterloo is cheap for renters, so for not too much more you can get a larger apartment with convenient parking elsewhere in town.

They're in the middle of downtown, which is for the most part a ghost town. You will be driving to the southeast corner of the city for shopping and such. There isn't much worth walking to in downtown Waterloo, unless you work there or like strip clubs.

Old 03-05-2010, 01:59 PM

159 posts, read 626,066 times
Downtown Waterloo isn't all that great. You can find affordable apartments in other parts of town, and in Cedar Falls. What kind of budget are you on? Is there anything in particular you want in a neighborhood?

Old 12-28-2010, 09:56 PM

1 posts, read 4,153 times
This place is a haven for drunks and junkies,DO NOT MOVE HERE!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa