Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2006, 05:04 PM

1 posts, read 3,278 times

Advertisements

I'm a graduate student doing research on quinceaneras in Iowa and was wondering if anyone out there has any experience with quinceaneras in the midwest and would be willing to participate in my research study (basically includes volunteering for an approx 1 hr long interview about what you know about quinceaneras). I would really like to talk to anyone who has participated in, observed, or provided services for the celebrations. If anyone is interested please let me know. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2006, 11:18 PM

39 posts, read 276,242 times
Hi...A serious suggestion...go to ottumwa iowa if you are wanting to see quinceneras here...that would be your best guess...there are a lot of latinos there...hope thats helpful

Old 04-14-2007, 12:41 AM

24 posts, read 133,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearlea View Post
I'm a graduate student doing research on quinceaneras in Iowa and was wondering if anyone out there has any experience with quinceaneras in the midwest and would be willing to participate in my research study (basically includes volunteering for an approx 1 hr long interview about what you know about quinceaneras). I would really like to talk to anyone who has participated in, observed, or provided services for the celebrations. If anyone is interested please let me know. Thanks.

You are a grad student from what college? Did they mention when they assigned this project that Iowa is 80% WHITE?? You get done with that research and bring yourself to Texas...I know some people who would LOVE to take you snipe huntin!

Old 12-20-2008, 01:15 PM

1 posts, read 2,926 times
Default Quinceaneras in Iowa

Hey, sorry I didn't see your posting 3 years ago. Actually, quinceaneras are alive and well in West Liberty and Columbus Junction and have been for at least 15 years. At least half of my Spanish I students (primarily Anglo) have participated in or been to a quinceanera celebration locally. I have a couple of old videos of local quinceaneras and my granddaughter has been in two in the last couple of years. I'm sure you've moved on to other things by now. I hope you found your information by other means. JannK
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa