U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 01:03 AM

46 posts, read 117,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
An imaginary place where men can perpetually rape virgins. Lots of 'bling' around too ("gold-encrusted thrones"). Yep, that's righteous. NOT!
Your statements show your mentality. You think the place where men can rape virgins is your paradise. Thats shows the limited approach of a human brain.

I don't know what religion do you belong but one thing is very clear from your statements i.e. You do have the thing called respect in you. You don't know how to talk about the religion. There is nothing you'll get by bashing Islam, Holy Quran or Muslims. Please, if you can't give respect to religions other than yours, do not write statements that hurt believers of the specific religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 09:02 AM

40,303 posts, read 26,876,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Emmad View Post
Your statements show your mentality. You think the place where men can rape virgins is your paradise. Thats shows the limited approach of a human brain.

I don't know what religion do you belong but one thing is very clear from your statements i.e. You do have the thing called respect in you. You don't know how to talk about the religion. There is nothing you'll get by bashing Islam, Holy Quran or Muslims. Please, if you can't give respect to religions other than yours, do not write statements that hurt believers of the specific religion.
If what you believe is barbaric, ignorant and evil . . . it deserves no respect.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:45 AM

9,616 posts, read 11,397,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
If what you believe is barbaric, ignorant and evil . . . it deserves no respect.

To the author of this thread: if you expect the global community of civilized man to respect Islam, you believers should really get your entire cultural house in order. Do not tell me the believers of this Johhny-Come-Lately religion are harbingers of peace, love and tolerance. We all have eyes and ears, and the internet and CNN.

If all that is false, I'd suggest you start actively policing the radicals and engaging in an honest PR campaign to correct our mis-understandings. You can start by stopping insisting on the implementation of Sharia Law into the laws of countries you are allowed to immigrate to: Canada, Australia, the US, Britain, the Scandinavian countries: all of them are now dealing with insistent Muslims, demanding a complete revision to their country's laws and social codes, to "accommodate" Islam. Muslims who declare death fatwahs against cartoonists and book authors, for heaven's sake! You call that an advanced and tolerant social structure? Is Islam devoid of any ability for honest self-criticism, or of a sense of humor?

By what right do you think you can go in and completely re-arrange an existing, generous county's laws? If you love your laws and culture so much, stay where they are considered OK. You know; generally, in the ME. Else, we can only conclude you want to stage a cultural invasion, and you'll continue to witness a less-than-polite reaction.

You're bringing it on yourselves! Stop it!

Old 06-11-2010, 10:09 AM

30,928 posts, read 31,849,555 times
Am I correct in saying that according to the koran the sure way to get to paradise is through martyrdom? Dying for Jihad, is an incumbent religious duty, established in the Koran and in the Traditions as a divine institution, and enjoined for the purpose of advancing Islam. While suicide is forbidden, martyrdom is everywhere praised, welcomed, and urged...

I'm afraid that all the white wash in the world cannot make Islam presentable.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:11 AM

397 posts, read 535,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Great response, an ungrammatical insult. You did not fail to live down to my expectations.
ya because you didnt insult an entire group of people... please...

Old 06-11-2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
HUMDALLAH!! it is none of these so we are in agreement that it deserves respect!

Old 06-11-2010, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Am I correct in saying that according to the koran the sure way to get to paradise is through martyrdom? Dying for Jihad, is an incumbent religious duty, established in the Koran and in the Traditions as a divine institution, and enjoined for the purpose of advancing Islam. While suicide is forbidden, martyrdom is everywhere praised, welcomed, and urged...

I'm afraid that all the white wash in the world cannot make Islam presentable.
when you fight in the name of Allah and you happen to die in battle then you are considered a martyr, if you commit suicide, any form of suicide, it doesnt matter if you claim to commit suicide in the name of Allah, its forbidden. thats just as bad as killing an innocent person and claiming to do it in the name of Allah, it doesnt make it any different, its still forbidden. you should research the differences between suicide and martyrdom. suicide is a selfish act. a martyr is someone that unfortunately dies fighting in the name of Allah righteously. Insha Allah i hope this answered your question.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post

To the author of this thread: if you expect the global community of civilized man to respect Islam, you believers should really get your entire cultural house in order. Do not tell me the believers of this Johhny-Come-Lately religion are harbingers of peace, love and tolerance. We all have eyes and ears, and the internet and CNN.

If all that is false, I'd suggest you start actively policing the radicals and engaging in an honest PR campaign to correct our mis-understandings. You can start by stopping insisting on the implementation of Sharia Law into the laws of countries you are allowed to immigrate to: Canada, Australia, the US, Britain, the Scandinavian countries: all of them are now dealing with insistent Muslims, demanding a complete revision to their country's laws and social codes, to "accommodate" Islam. Muslims who declare death fatwahs against cartoonists and book authors, for heaven's sake! You call that an advanced and tolerant social structure? Is Islam devoid of any ability for honest self-criticism, or of a sense of humor?

By what right do you think you can go in and completely re-arrange an existing, generous county's laws? If you love your laws and culture so much, stay where they are considered OK. You know; generally, in the ME. Else, we can only conclude you want to stage a cultural invasion, and you'll continue to witness a less-than-polite reaction.

You're bringing it on yourselves! Stop it!
i dont understand why people like you think that a group of muslims can just stop whats going on. its not like we control all muslims. or all muslims listen to other muslims. i can try just as hard as you would try and stop this and we would come to the same realization, people will be people no matter if you tell them what theyre doing is not part of islam they dont care because they believe it is. you can show them through hadiths and the quran that they shouldnt be doing what theyre doing but some people are just ignorant and dont want to listen. people will be people and you cant judge what some people do and blame it on the religion that they claim to follow. if its not part of islam then its not part of islam. that doesnt mean people wont be who they are. just like i can tell you that the quran was sent from Allah, i could spend all day, showing you proof, but you wouldnt change what you believe. same deal just on a smaller scale.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:09 PM

30,928 posts, read 31,849,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
when you fight in the name of Allah and you happen to die in battle then you are considered a martyr, if you commit suicide, any form of suicide, it doesnt matter if you claim to commit suicide in the name of Allah, its forbidden. thats just as bad as killing an innocent person and claiming to do it in the name of Allah, it doesnt make it any different, its still forbidden. you should research the differences between suicide and martyrdom. suicide is a selfish act. a martyr is someone that unfortunately dies fighting in the name of Allah righteously. Insha Allah i hope this answered your question.
Why then are the bombers considered to be martyrs when they blow themselves up to kill others?...Their families actually build shrines for them.

A leading Islamist authority, Sheikh Yusuf Qaradawi, recently explained the distinction this way: attacks on enemies are not suicide operations, but ''heroic martyrdom operations'' in which the kamikazes act not ''out of hopelessness and despair, but are driven by an overwhelming desire to cast terror and fear into the hearts of the oppressors.''

In other words, Islamists find suicide for personal reasons abominable, suicide for jihad admirable.

http://www.apologeticsindex.org/s37.html

Old 06-11-2010, 02:05 PM

11,798 posts, read 22,027,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Emmad View Post
Totally mistaken. It is not my idea of paradise, it is the Islamic idea of paradise. My idea of paradise is a world with no religion muddying the waters of ethical behaviour. Good deeds should be performed without the threat of eternal punishment or promised reward, but simply because they are the right thing to do.

Quote:
I am an atheist. You are right, I do have respect in me for things worthy of respect. I am aware that there are ethical Muslims, just as there are ethical Christians, and I respect the uses to which they put their religious beliefs. I do not respect those who make posts who immediately quote the contents of their 'holy' books as if it were a 'given' that we will all accept such quotes as 'gospel truth' (pun intended).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam