U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-14-2010, 10:17 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,874 posts, read 31,750,270 times
Reputation: 12622

Advertisements

I can't believe that you do not know who Ahmadinejad is....


YouTube - Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad: "Death to Israel"


YouTube - Chants in Iran: Death to America, the infidel

Regarding the Muslim attitude towards Infidels...


YouTube - 11yr Old Muslim Girls Yearn to Murder Infidels


YouTube - How to debate and frustrate infidels - Ayesha Ahmed

Still think Islam is the religion of peace?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-14-2010, 10:54 PM
 
397 posts, read 534,374 times
Reputation: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post

HAHA your joking right!!?? no wonder ive never heard of him. its because i dont listen to that crap about killing infadels and murdering innocent people because like i say OVER AND OVER AND OVER

ITS NOT PART OF ISLAM!!!!

just because this guy is saying death to "infadels", and you got a girl that wants to kill "infadels", doesnt mean anything more than a few people that are obviously confused or brainwashed. so what you have groups of people that want to to innocent people, that doesnt make it part of islam. SHOW ME IN THE QURAN WHERE IT SAYS IT PERMISSABLE TO KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE guaranteed you wont find it you know why because AGAIN ITS NOT PART OF THE RELIGION

am i talking to a wall here? you guys have a few video clips of some crayy people that want to kill innocent people and say that its part of islam?

read the bold parts over and over until it finally sinks in... and you have nothing left to say...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2010, 11:03 PM
 
40,039 posts, read 26,720,362 times
Reputation: 6047
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
just because this guy is saying death to "infadels", and you got a girl that wants to kill "infadels", doesnt mean anything more than a few people that are obviously confused or brainwashed. so what you have groups of people that want to to innocent people, that doesnt make it part of islam. SHOW ME IN THE QURAN WHERE IT SAYS IT PERMISSABLE TO KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE guaranteed you wont find it you know why because AGAIN ITS NOT PART OF THE RELIGION
Decided to follow the advice in the last video about denying the Sunnas from Mohammed's own mouth as not part of Islam, eh?? Won't work. We are hip to the deception COMMANDED by Allah. You are either a victim of it and it caused your conversion or you are part of the deception campaign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2010, 12:46 AM
 
Location: Metromess
11,798 posts, read 21,969,943 times
Reputation: 5074
sukrill: You honestly don't know who Ahmadinejad is? Incredible (in the literal sense: that lacks credibility). Even an infidel like me knows who he is. He's the leader of the "Islamic republic" of Iran, that theocratic bastion of intolerance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2010, 12:50 AM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,874 posts, read 31,750,270 times
Reputation: 12622
Quote:
SHOW ME IN THE QURAN WHERE IT SAYS IT PERMISSABLE TO KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE guaranteed you wont find it you know why because AGAIN ITS NOT PART OF THE RELIGION
Since, according to the quran no unbeliever is considered an innocent, then it is not only permissible but encouraged, but since you asked, here are a few of many verses recommending that very thing.

Qur'an (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority"

Qur'an (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Qur'an (9:123) - "O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness."

Ibn Ishaq: 327 - “Allah said, ‘A prophet must slaughter before collecting captives. A slaughtered enemy is driven from the land. Muhammad, you craved the desires of this world, its goods and the ransom captives would bring. But Allah desires killing them to manifest the religion.’”

Ibn Ishaq: 992 - "Fight everyone in the way of Allah and kill those who disbelieve in Allah."

Sura72:15 “The disbelievers are the firewood of hell.”

2:190-292 “Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits, for Allah does not love transgressors. And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out: For tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; But fight them not at the sacred Mosque unless they first fight you there; But if they fight you, Slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2010, 12:53 AM
 
Location: southern california
55,644 posts, read 74,585,953 times
Reputation: 48133
i was going to say from those i know, but this appears to be an info commercial not an invitation to respond. probably the best of paradise is no info commerials, if god speaks to you he will want you to respond.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2010, 11:00 PM
 
397 posts, read 534,374 times
Reputation: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Since, according to the quran no unbeliever is considered an innocent, then it is not only permissible but encouraged, but since you asked, here are a few of many verses recommending that very thing.

Qur'an (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority"
this verse is just saying that people who join partners with allah will fear god, i cant remember if this text is meaning on the day of judgement or not but this says nothing about killing innocent people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Qur'an (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"
this was only for a certain period of time and is no longer valid. you cant just go kill "disbelievers" anymore. that was only when people were defending themselves because those people its talking about were killing them and burning their villages, etc. its like any war. back in WWII if a person sees the enemy they shoot them down. thats all this is saying but that time has passed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Qur'an (9:123) - "O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness. and know that Allah is with those who gaurd (against evil)"
you forgot that last part, its pretty important. this is saying that when you fight them they basically will know that you will not submit to them. basically saying to fight back and know that allah is on the side of the righteous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Ibn Ishaq: 327 - “Allah said, ‘A prophet must slaughter before collecting captives. A slaughtered enemy is driven from the land. Muhammad, you craved the desires of this world, its goods and the ransom captives would bring. But Allah desires killing them to manifest the religion.’”

Ibn Ishaq: 992 - "Fight everyone in the way of Allah and kill those who disbelieve in Allah."
i believe your quoting a scholar, which is not in the quran, but id have to hear the whole discussion/lecture to answer this question legitamately. what lecture was this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Sura72:15 “The disbelievers are the firewood of hell.”
well ya. its been that way since the beginning of time. all this is saying is that the "disbelievers" will go to hell... nothing new here, people in the hellfire did not serve their purpose...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
2:190-292 “Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits, for Allah does not love transgressors. And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out: For tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; But fight them not at the sacred Mosque unless they first fight you there; But if they fight you, Slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith.”
im glad you brought this one up. this is saying for the people to defend themselves. not to kill innocent people but only those who want to fight you... the part where it says and slay them where you find them is like i said before. if your in a war you kill the enemy. you dont kill innocent people...

im glad you brought these verses up though. it gave me a chance to explain to those who dont understand this or misinterpret it the way you have. no offense, you just have to ask and not assume things...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2010, 11:22 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,874 posts, read 31,750,270 times
Reputation: 12622
Qur'an (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Quote:
this was only for a certain period of time and is no longer valid. you cant just go kill "disbelievers" anymore. that was only when people were defending themselves because those people its talking about were killing them and burning their villages, etc. its like any war. back in WWII if a person sees the enemy they shoot them down. thats all this is saying but that time has passed...
Then why is this still happening?






You explained nothing. All you did was come up with your own rationalizations so you can keep trying to say that the quran doesn't condone killing the innocent. Obviously since no unbeliever is innocent in the eyes of allah, killing anyone, man woman or child is fine as long as they are infidels (unbelievers)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2010, 07:34 AM
 
Location: Somewhere out there
9,616 posts, read 11,367,457 times
Reputation: 3735
Default More commentary, but apparently pointless.

Sukrill, Though I think you'll refrain from honestly answering, I'm now pretty sure you're a young person, probably male, and more than convinced of the righteous honor of Islam. But when presented with hard facts about your country, you attack me for participating in a debate by citing known historical facts about the typical combative modern Islamic attitude. We all hear, at least weekly, about another suicide bomber attack by Muslim extremists. Not Catholic extremists, or atheist extremists, but Muslim extremists. Hmmm..

So sorry; if you choose to come to these fora and discuss such issues, you'll get a sampling of our attitudes and conclusions about your beloved but apparently increasingly demanding and hostile religion. It is very dogmatic and intolerant, that part's well established.

BTW, I politely asked you, on another thread, to name which current, modern Islamic nation you respect, and that embodies Islam as you claim it to be. Pakistan? Iran (whose wack-job and vicious dictator you do not even recognize? You must be very young and ill-read!)? Iraq? Somalia? Nigeria?

Which one? Answer this simple question please.

It is you, in fact, who is sorely lacking in both understanding of Islam, current world politics and the general trend towards terrorism that is so loved by Islamic fundamentalists (which appears now to be most of them..).


(w
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
HAHA your joking right!!?? no wonder ive never heard of him. its because i dont listen to that crap about killing infadels and murdering innocent people because like i say OVER AND OVER AND OVER

Rifleman notes: I agree. You obviously don't read or listen to world media reports else you would not be so defensive about the Islam you do not understand.

ITS NOT PART OF ISLAM!!!! (Well... Yes, it is. your total ignorance of it is no excuse!)
just because this guy is saying death to "infadels", and you got a girl that wants to kill "infadels", doesnt mean anything more than a few people that are obviously confused or brainwashed. so what you have groups of people that want to to kill innocent people, that doesnt make it part of islam. SHOW ME IN THE QURAN WHERE IT SAYS IT PERMISSABLE TO KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE guaranteed you wont find it you know why because...

AGAIN ITS NOT PART OF THE RELIGION

(No, just not as you perceive it. However the majority of Muslims, young and old, preach hostility towards Westerners. This is therefore your religion's huge problem, not ours. It's up to you, even if you have to take a few minutes off work to write a letter to your imam or to Ahmadinejad. He's the dictator-Prez of Iran, again, in case you missed it. He claims the Holocost never happened, and that peace will only come to the ME when Islam eradicates Israel. Nice! Apparently you have been hiding your head in the sand.)
am i talking to a wall here? you guys have a few video clips of some crayy people that want to kill innocent people and say that its part of islam?

You think there's just a few cases? Boy, you do have your head stuck up the camel's butt, huh?

read the bold parts over and over until it finally sinks in... and you have nothing left to say...
If you say so, oh knowledgeable leader and eductor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
this verse is just saying that people who join partners with allah will fear god, i cant remember if this text is meaning on the day of judgement or not but this says nothing about killing innocent people...

Hey; You're the claimed on-site expert on Islam here, so you say. Why don't you know your own wonder-book? Take a moment and look it up like sanspeur did. Far as I know, he's not a Muslim. Why should we do your homework for you? I suspect you're quite lazy as to reading and thinking, else you'd have a much better understanding of your own religion's shortcomings!

this was only for a certain period of time and is no longer valid.

Convenient interpretation! Too bad the suicide bombers didn't attend that new-age peace seminar! Instead, I think they were in the "Semtex & cell phones" presentation next door...

you cant just go kill "disbelievers" anymore. that was only when people were defending themselves because those people its talking about were killing them and burning their villages, etc. its like any war. back in WWII if a person sees the enemy they shoot them down. thats all this is saying but that time has passed...

Apparently not. (Most recently; in New York city; a certain Nissan Pathfinder with Semtex & cell phone. Remember?) That time has not passed according to the nightly news, which as you say, you do not watch. Oh good! So you're purposefully and admittedly illiterate on your own culture and religion. Good!

you forgot that last part, its pretty important. this is saying that when you fight them they basically will know that you will not submit to them. basically saying to fight back and know that allah is on the side of the righteous.

And that's always Islam, right? What was it you said back a few posts? "Someday Islam will rule the world!" Nice!

im glad you brought these verses up though. it gave me a chance to explain to those who dont understand this or misinterpret it the way you have. no offense, you just have to ask and not assume things...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post

You explained nothing. All you did was come up with your own rationalizations so you can keep trying to say that the quran doesn't condone killing the innocent. Obviously since no unbeliever is innocent in the eyes of allah, killing anyone, man woman or child is fine as long as they are infidels (unbelievers)
And so it continues. You admit it's OK for you to kill me then. Nice!

Sukrill, you are obviously not a well-read, capable nor informed defender of Islam here. I'd suggest some other more erudite and eloquent debater step in and rescue you before you self-destruct.

Else, I have nothing more to say to you. Said it all already. Your hopeless ad hominems against me do nothing to advance your case either, and endless re-stating of the same tired points to just hear yourself babble is not a worthwhile use of your time, and is not very convincing either!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2010, 03:45 PM
 
397 posts, read 534,374 times
Reputation: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Qur'an (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Then why is this still happening?






You explained nothing. All you did was come up with your own rationalizations so you can keep trying to say that the quran doesn't condone killing the innocent. Obviously since no unbeliever is innocent in the eyes of allah, killing anyone, man woman or child is fine as long as they are infidels (unbelievers)
haha your joking right? i give you explanations to the verses and then you say im making my own rationalizations? so basically ANY answer i give you your going to say that. why even ask for an explanation then. your the one thats making the verses seem like something theyre not. you misinterpret the verses and i explain it and you say WELL thats your own rationalization... ok i guess. you obviously are in denial. maybe the people who read these same verses and think they still apply today misinterpret them the way you do....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top