U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-19-2010, 02:07 PM
 
40,050 posts, read 26,730,521 times
Reputation: 6049

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
.. mohammad brought peace.
Sanspeur has adequately exposed your ignorance of your adopted faith . . . but this statement underlines it. Mohammad started Arabia's first Holy War (Jihad) that conquered all of the ME, parts of Africa and Asia and was only stopped at Tours, France . . preventing the conquest of Europe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-19-2010, 05:45 PM
 
397 posts, read 534,519 times
Reputation: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Where did I see these things you say? I provided a link, and if that is not enough do a little research....You obviously know little about the religion you have adopted...

Here, I'll help you out.

Islam: Governing Under Sharia - Council on Foreign Relations

Light of Life: The Penalties for Apostasy in Islam

Saudi: Shariah court sentences teen student to lashings, in front of students

I urge you to watch this video, so you can see for yourself the real Islam.

SHARIA LAW : ISLAMIC JUSTICE
im asking if YOU YOURSELF know why those laws are established in those places. sharia law differenciates in different countries because obviously those laws are not applied in the states
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2010, 05:54 PM
 
397 posts, read 534,519 times
Reputation: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Sanspeur has adequately exposed your ignorance of your adopted faith . . . but this statement underlines it. Mohammad started Arabia's first Holy War (Jihad) that conquered all of the ME, parts of Africa and Asia and was only stopped at Tours, France . . preventing the conquest of Europe.
obviously hes stating what other people do if youve been paying attention. anything hes explained in the quran ive already corrected. people say whatever they want. but the quran and hadiths are what you cannot disprove. of course you can say look what these muslims are saying! or look what these muslims are doing! or this muslim said this IS a part of islam! but what kind of proof is that?... you cant disprove the true religion. period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2010, 06:14 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,878 posts, read 31,757,930 times
Reputation: 12623
Quote:
=sukrill;14688544]im asking if YOU YOURSELF know why those laws are established in those places. sharia law differenciates in different countries because obviously those laws are not applied in the states
Sharia law exists because of the radical religion called Islam and the fact that most if not all of those countries are theocracies...If Islam has it's way they would be installed world wide...For pete's sake man, is that what you want?

Quote:
(CNN) -- A Saudi Arabian court has sentenced a 75-year-old Syrian woman to 40 lashes, four months imprisonment and deportation from the kingdom for having two unrelated men in her house, according to local media reports.

According to the Saudi daily newspaper Al-Watan, troubles for the woman, Khamisa Mohammed Sawadi, began last year when a member of the religious police entered her house in the city of Al-Chamli and found her with two unrelated men,
No, they aren't in the US, yet, but they have a foothold in England, and have been lobbying for them to be applied here in Canada and elsewhere.

Tell me, what do you think of sharia law and it's prescribed penalties as applied in some 50 odd countries?

This video was taken in Dearborn Michigan...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEPod...layer_embedded

Last edited by sanspeur; 06-19-2010 at 06:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2010, 09:16 PM
 
397 posts, read 534,519 times
Reputation: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Sharia law exists because of the radical religion called Islam and the fact that most if not all of those countries are theocracies...If Islam has it's way they would be installed world wide...For pete's sake man, is that what you want?

No, they aren't in the US, yet, but they have a foothold in England, and have been lobbying for them to be applied here in Canada and elsewhere.

Tell me, what do you think of sharia law and it's prescribed penalties as applied in some 50 odd countries?

This video was taken in Dearborn Michigan...


YouTube - Arab Festival 2009: Sharia in the US
but where is the information in the quran?? saudi is saudi they do a bunch of things different there. and you have a video of a few guys tryin to start trouble. the people didnt want to be recorded and they were persistant on not listening. but again what does this have to do with islam? what does this even have to do with the quran??

Last edited by sukrill; 06-19-2010 at 09:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2010, 11:31 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,878 posts, read 31,757,930 times
Reputation: 12623
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
but where is the information in the quran?? saudi is saudi they do a bunch of things different there. and you have a video of a few guys tryin to start trouble. the people didnt want to be recorded and they were persistant on not listening. but again what does this have to do with islam? what does this even have to do with the quran??
Are you intentionally blinding yourself to the problems with Islam and Sharia law?...These things have EVERYTHING to do with Islam...Sharia law is the law and rules stated in the quran...The Muslims in the video were there to supposedly answer questions about Islam, but they seemed to not want to answer...They preferred to bully the questioner....With Islamic law, free speech will be no more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2010, 12:18 AM
 
40,050 posts, read 26,730,521 times
Reputation: 6049
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
but where is the information in the quran?? saudi is saudi they do a bunch of things different there. and you have a video of a few guys tryin to start trouble. the people didnt want to be recorded and they were persistant on not listening. but again what does this have to do with islam? what does this even have to do with the quran??
You have joined a barbaric religion with a preponderance of thugs and "mafia-like" protagonists espousing an intolerant and violent vision of world domination in the name of Allah. Not too bright, IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2010, 09:32 AM
 
Location: Mississippi
6,715 posts, read 12,274,790 times
Reputation: 4279
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
obviously hes stating what other people do if youve been paying attention. anything hes explained in the quran ive already corrected. people say whatever they want. but the quran and hadiths are what you cannot disprove. of course you can say look what these muslims are saying! or look what these muslims are doing! or this muslim said this IS a part of islam! but what kind of proof is that?... you cant disprove the true religion. period.
You addressed nothing. The fact of the matter is that Muhammad the Barbarian started one of the world's first Holy Wars. Not that it really matters considering every part of the known world at that time was incestuously in love with combat to promote their religion... But, to say that Muhammad brought peace is an ignorant statement and your comments above prove your cognitive dissonance as regards your own religious history and faith.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2010, 04:53 PM
 
Location: Somewhere out there
9,616 posts, read 11,370,795 times
Reputation: 3735
Default Oh brother!

Following everything we've provided him, this appears to be sukrill's unique view on Islam...

http://images.cafepress.com/image/13357422_400x400.jpg

sukrill; it's obvious there is no true, real-world cultural application of the pure Islam you profess to. You have apparently been listening to a recruiter, at the earliest stages of the brainwashing process, in which only the best aspects are presented, but eventually, when you fall for the "Now, go forth and do what Allah states, and here's your target for tonight. What? The innocent women and children? Forget them; if they are truly innocent, Allah will welcome them in his heaven!"

Meantime, trust me; if I were present at that little arm-crushing demo, armed with my trusty .45 auto, tho' it would cost me my own life, that child would not suffer alone. Those thuggos would receive purposefully painful "godly perforations", trust me.

What bloodthirsty, arrogant crap. And you defend it in your assurances that Islam is a peaceful religion. What nonsense. Aimed, obviously, at the masses of blindly faithful.

It's OK; some day you will grow up and develop the appropriate level of deep political and religious cynicism that comes from watching the snide & greedy control the ignorant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2010, 09:23 PM
 
397 posts, read 534,519 times
Reputation: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Following everything we've provided him, this appears to be sukrill's unique view on Islam...

http://images.cafepress.com/image/13357422_400x400.jpg

sukrill; it's obvious there is no true, real-world cultural application of the pure Islam you profess to. You have apparently been listening to a recruiter, at the earliest stages of the brainwashing process, in which only the best aspects are presented, but eventually, when you fall for the "Now, go forth and do what Allah states, and here's your target for tonight. What? The innocent women and children? Forget them; if they are truly innocent, Allah will welcome them in his heaven!"

Meantime, trust me; if I were present at that little arm-crushing demo, armed with my trusty .45 auto, tho' it would cost me my own life, that child would not suffer alone. Those thuggos would receive purposefully painful "godly perforations", trust me.

What bloodthirsty, arrogant crap. And you defend it in your assurances that Islam is a peaceful religion. What nonsense. Aimed, obviously, at the masses of blindly faithful.

It's OK; some day you will grow up and develop the appropriate level of deep political and religious cynicism that comes from watching the snide & greedy control the ignorant.
your obviously not even debating anymore, and for some reason everytime i try and debate with someone, legitimately, they start insulting me and saying things that make them seem smarter than me just because of what i believe. im listening to a recruiter? im the one who joined islam, i asked several people questions before i converted not just one. but the true islam is whats in the quran. thats all. forget what people do, forget teh way some muslims act, of course NOBODYS perfect and obviously looking at the media and seeing the way people portray islam is not correct. so just go to the quran. thats pure islam. not what people claim is part of islam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top