U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-20-2010, 09:30 PM
 
397 posts, read 535,945 times
Reputation: 54

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Are you intentionally blinding yourself to the problems with Islam and Sharia law?...These things have EVERYTHING to do with Islam...Sharia law is the law and rules stated in the quran...The Muslims in the video were there to supposedly answer questions about Islam, but they seemed to not want to answer...They preferred to bully the questioner....With Islamic law, free speech will be no more.
you need to stick with one story first read what you said earlier...
"Approximately 50 Islamic states and countries have, to varying degrees, Sharia law,

Some common features of Sharia law, some taken from the Koran, some from subsequent legal texts"

then you say

"These things have EVERYTHING to do with Islam...Sharia law is the law and rules stated in the quran"

what your saying is that some of the sharia law is taken from the quran, which is true, however some, and sometimes most of it is not. so first you say some then you say all of it, your the one who is intentionally making it something that its not... and the people in the video, the muslim guys, just didnt want to be recorded. they have that right. so the other guys made a big deal out of nothing... your making it seem like something its not. your making it seem like they didnt want to answer the questions when in reality im sure they wouldnt have minded, they just didnt want a camera in their face...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-20-2010, 09:33 PM
 
397 posts, read 535,945 times
Reputation: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You have joined a barbaric religion with a preponderance of thugs and "mafia-like" protagonists espousing an intolerant and violent vision of world domination in the name of Allah. Not too bright, IMO.
i haven't joined anything but a religion of peaceful, ive never done anything islamically that would not be considered peaceful. theres nothing barbaric about it. there are bad muslims, but theyre just bad people, however a majority of muslims are good. and thats what im aiming toward.. which to me, is one of the smartest moves ive ever made in my life...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2010, 09:46 PM
 
397 posts, read 535,945 times
Reputation: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
You addressed nothing. The fact of the matter is that Muhammad the Barbarian started one of the world's first Holy Wars. Not that it really matters considering every part of the known world at that time was incestuously in love with combat to promote their religion... But, to say that Muhammad brought peace is an ignorant statement and your comments above prove your cognitive dissonance as regards your own religious history and faith.
the first islamic battle, if im not mistaken was "The Ghazwah of Bdar", 624 CE which was not started by Muhammad. "http://www.urduseek.com/node/129" heres a link but what it sums up to is that 1000 men, fully armed, for conflict and iving crushing defeat to muslims. they even offered rewards for killing the prophet because they regarded islam as a threat to their existence. 300/313 Mujahideen gathered under the prophets banner to protect themselves because the inhabitants of Madinah were frightened when they heard the news.

dont you know that when the prophet used to pray the jews would throw dirst at him and when he would put his head on the ground during his prayer they even took the insides of a camel and laid them on him... and still he did nothing. he didnt fight/defend himself until he was given permission by Allah. the jews even bribed him saying that they will give him money, women, etc. if he would just stop what he is doing and he replied, "EVEN IF YOU GAVE ME THE SUN IN ONE HAND, AND MOON IN THE OTHER, I WILL NEVER GIVE UP THIS DEEN" but he never started anything. he always defended himself... so id recommend that you research more because you obviously making false statements that you shoudnt spread...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2010, 12:47 AM
 
40,320 posts, read 26,889,418 times
Reputation: 6074
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
the first islamic battle, if im not mistaken was "The Ghazwah of Bdar", 624 CE which was not started by Muhammad. "http://www.urduseek.com/node/129" heres a link but what it sums up to is that 1000 men, fully armed, for conflict and iving crushing defeat to muslims. they even offered rewards for killing the prophet because they regarded islam as a threat to their existence. 300/313 Mujahideen gathered under the prophets banner to protect themselves because the inhabitants of Madinah were frightened when they heard the news.

dont you know that when the prophet used to pray the jews would throw dirst at him and when he would put his head on the ground during his prayer they even took the insides of a camel and laid them on him... and still he did nothing. he didnt fight/defend himself until he was given permission by Allah. the jews even bribed him saying that they will give him money, women, etc. if he would just stop what he is doing and he replied, "EVEN IF YOU GAVE ME THE SUN IN ONE HAND, AND MOON IN THE OTHER, I WILL NEVER GIVE UP THIS DEEN" but he never started anything. he always defended himself... so id recommend that you research more because you obviously making false statements that you shoudnt spread...
You have bought the entire deceptive propaganda package hook line and sinker!. What a sap. Check real education sources, kid . . . not your Muslim mentors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2010, 01:16 AM
 
397 posts, read 535,945 times
Reputation: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You have bought the entire deceptive propaganda package hook line and sinker!. What a sap. Check real education sources, kid . . . not your Muslim mentors.
real education like what? because as far as im concerned, that war did happen and hes not the one who started it. i just proved it and again your just like the rest, NO THATS A LIE! GET EDUCATED! YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE REAL ISLAM!, etc. etc. its always the same. i prove a point and all you have to back up your claim is "check real education sources"... ill tell you what... ill say the same thing back to you... check real education sources...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2010, 01:49 AM
 
40,320 posts, read 26,889,418 times
Reputation: 6074
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
the first islamic battle, if im not mistaken was "The Ghazwah of Bdar", 624 CE which was not started by Muhammad. "http://www.urduseek.com/node/129" heres a link but what it sums up to is that 1000 men, fully armed, for conflict and iving crushing defeat to muslims. they even offered rewards for killing the prophet because they regarded islam as a threat to their existence. 300/313 Mujahideen gathered under the prophets banner to protect themselves because the inhabitants of Madinah were frightened when they heard the news.
The war was a result of the series of aggressive caravan raids by Muhammd culminating in one final one that started the War. The Stanford University reports the first real battle was provoked by one of the caravan raids by Muhammad.

In March of 624, Muhammad led some three hundred warriors in a raid on a Meccan merchant caravan. The Meccans successfully defended the caravan, and then decided to teach the Medinans a lesson. They sent a small army against Medina. On March 15, 624, near a place called Badr, the Meccans and the Muslims clashed.


That was your peaceful prophet not starting the war, riiiiight!!!!!You are so snowed, kid. What a shame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2010, 05:09 AM
 
Location: Somewhere out there
9,616 posts, read 11,399,765 times
Reputation: 3735
Default Asked again, not answered... again.

There's the Islam of your purist dreams, and then there's the world-wide reality of what Islam has created.

I still await your answer on which nation-state is practicing the Islam you profess. If it's such a world-wide love-fest, I'd like to know where. Exactly where.

Not in your personal mosque, but out in the real day-to-day world. Tell me. Don't just deflect again and again, like a trained parrot. Because if you cannot show us here a single living, breathing example of peaceful, tolerant and loving applied Islam, then.... well.....

...it'd all be a sham, now wouldn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2010, 05:55 PM
 
397 posts, read 535,945 times
Reputation: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
There's the Islam of your purist dreams, and then there's the world-wide reality of what Islam has created.
you dont get it do you. the purest state of islam cannot be found today because nobody is perfect however there is a large majority of people that try thier best to live peacefully and try their best to glorify our lord.
and you think islam created all the problems we have today? PEOPLE have made the world what it is today, you just like to point fingers at islam when really society has made things the way they are. divorce has gone up significantly in the past 20 years, crimes have gone up, murders have gone up, and a large percentage has NOTHING to do with the religion of islam. but if you want to keep pointing fingers and blaming a religion you know nothing about, go ahead, your only hurting yourself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
I still await your answer on which nation-state is practicing the Islam you profess. If it's such a world-wide love-fest, I'd like to know where. Exactly where.
so you basically want me to give you a name of an islamic nation the way the people in that nation practice it? i just told you, nobody is perfect, so how do you expect a nation to be perfect? the only mosque i can send you to are the ones i trust, because some give their own opinion on things, some dont even preach islam the right way, like the "nation of islam". so im sorry but maybe you can check into some mosque around. sit down in a session one friday. hear what they have to say, if you have questions ask me, i mean thats the best i can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Not in your personal mosque, but out in the real day-to-day world. Tell me. Don't just deflect again and again, like a trained parrot. Because if you cannot show us here a single living, breathing example of peaceful, tolerant and loving applied Islam, then.... well.....

...it'd all be a sham, now wouldn't it?
thanks for the insults again, im glad i grew up a long time ago, anyways, if everyone followed the quran and the hadiths, we'd have no problems and eveyone would live peacefully. sadly you wont find ONE perfect muslim in the world. everyone has done something that would be considered a sin. but most people try their best. even if your a non muslim, your not perfect, everyone makes mistakes. so what. show me a perfect person in society that has never done anything wrong... you wont, so i cant either because today that person doesnt exist. so stop saying "find me the perfect muslim" because i cant find one just like you cant find one perfect person anywhere in any religion or non religous, thats such a stupid question. im actually trying to contemplate one how this would even prove the quran or islam because ive already told you, if one person followed the quran 100 percent theyd b the most peaceful, most blessed, most respected, most submissive, etc. etc. person in the world... id love it if eveyone read the quran, there would b alot of muslims because its just filled with so much wisdom and knowledge...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2010, 06:10 PM
 
397 posts, read 535,945 times
Reputation: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The war was a result of the series of aggressive caravan raids by Muhammd culminating in one final one that started the War. The Stanford University reports the first real battle was provoked by one of the caravan raids by Muhammad.

In March of 624, Muhammad led some three hundred warriors in a raid on a Meccan merchant caravan. The Meccans successfully defended the caravan, and then decided to teach the Medinans a lesson. They sent a small army against Medina. On March 15, 624, near a place called Badr, the Meccans and the Muslims clashed.


That was your peaceful prophet not starting the war, riiiiight!!!!!You are so snowed, kid. What a shame.
you really need to read what happened BEFORE that war. muslims and even the prophets lives were being threatened.

"In his first years Muhammad made few converts but many enemies. His first converts were Khadija, Ali (who became the husband of Fatima), and Abu Bakr. From about 620, Mecca became actively hostile, since much of its revenues depended on its pagan shrine, the Kaaba, and an attack on the existing Arab religion was an attack on the prosperity of Mecca. While he was gaining only enemies at home, Muhammad's teaching was faring little better abroad; only at Yathrib did it make any headway, and on Yathrib depended the future of Islam. In the summer of 622 Muhammad fled from Mecca as an attempt was being prepared to murder him, and he escaped in the night from the city and made his way to Yathrib. From this event, the flight, or Hegira, of the Prophet (622), the Islamic calendar begins.Muhammad spent the rest of his life at Yathrib, henceforth called Medina, the City of the Prophet. At Medina he built his model theocratic state and from there ruled his rapidly growing empire. Muhammad's lawgiving at Medina is at least theoretically the law of Islam, and in its evolution over the next 10 years the history of the community at Medina is seen.
In his first years Muhammad made few converts but many enemies. His first converts were Khadija, Ali (who became the husband of Fatima), and Abu Bakr. From about 620, Mecca became actively hostile, since much of its revenues depended on its pagan shrine, the Kaaba, and an attack on the existing Arab religion was an attack on the prosperity of Mecca. While he was gaining only enemies at home, Muhammad's teaching was faring little better abroad; only at Yathrib did it make any headway, and on Yathrib depended the future of Islam. In the summer of 622 Muhammad fled from Mecca as an attempt was being prepared to murder him, and he escaped in the night from the city and made his way to Yathrib. From this event, the flight, or Hegira, of the Prophet (622), the Islamic calendar begins.
Muhammad spent the rest of his life at Yathrib, henceforth called Medina, the City of the Prophet. At Medina he built his model theocratic state and from there ruled his rapidly growing empire. Muhammad's lawgiving at Medina is at least theoretically the law of Islam, and in its evolution over the next 10 years the history of the community at Medina is seen."


heres a part of it but realize before that war the prophet muhammad LEFT because his life was in danger. then he defended himself. people didnt like him or what he was doing so THEY went after HIM and HE DEFENDED HIMSELF AND HIS PEOPLE. they were treating them bdly before this war just because they were folloiwing the prophet. think about it, you got all these wars, people threw dirt on the prophet when he would pray, put camels insides on him while he was praying and he did nothing. what makes you think he would start a fight unless it was to protect himself or his people? it makes no sense the way you say it but the way i do does... it makes sense..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2010, 10:40 PM
 
7 posts, read 4,586 times
Reputation: 10
Default Quran Says About Paradise a lot

The people who follow rules and regulations which designed by Islam must have a home in here after life. Quran says paradise this home. Quran also says the people goes to paradise live their infinite time and the time which never ever end. Acording to the Quran each and every person of the world must follow the rules and regulation which taught by Quran for getting their home in paradise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top