U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-10-2010, 01:25 AM
 
46 posts, read 117,578 times
Reputation: 34

Advertisements

In Quran there are different words used for paradise such as, Jannat-ul-Khuld, Darul as-salam, jannat-ul-Firdous and so. The word jannat has the meaning of a Garden. On the Day of Judgment it will be decided by Allah Almighty that who has paradise in his fate and who will go to Hell (jahanum). No man can see the paradise (jannat) until the Judgment Day. However, Allah Almighty has presented a very detailed description of paradise in Quran. Upon reading Quran one can have an imaginary picture of paradise.

Here are a few verses of Quran relating to the description of paradise.
"(Here is) a Parable of the Garden which the righteous are promised: in it are rivers of water incorruptible; rivers of milk of which the taste never changes; rivers of wine, a joy to those who drink; and rivers of honey pure and clear. In it there are for them all kinds of fruits; and Grace from their Lord...." 47:15.
"[They will sit] on gold-encrusted thrones of happiness, reclining upon them, facing one another in [love]. Immortal youths will wait upon them with goblets, and ewers, and cups filled with water from unsullied springs by which their minds will not be clouded and which will not make them drunk; and with fruit of any kind that they choose, and with flesh of any fowl that they may desire." 56:15-21:

ďAnd [accompanying them will be their] companions pure, most beautiful of eye, like unto pearls hidden in their shells. [This will be] a reward for what they did [during life]. No empty talk will they hear there, nor any call to sin, but only the tiding of inner soundness and peace." 56:22-26:

There are so many other verses of Quran in which paradise has been portrayed in a lovely manner. Those who believe in Allah, his messenger and have lead the life on earth to the will of Allah will be given the right by Allah almighty to enter paradise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-10-2010, 06:05 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn
40,056 posts, read 30,517,457 times
Reputation: 10490
Mazel tov!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 08:14 AM
 
17,853 posts, read 12,216,470 times
Reputation: 4113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Emmad View Post
In Quran there are different words used for paradise such as, Jannat-ul-Khuld, Darul as-salam, jannat-ul-Firdous and so. The word jannat has the meaning of a Garden. On the Day of Judgment it will be decided by Allah Almighty that who has paradise in his fate and who will go to Hell (jahanum). No man can see the paradise (jannat) until the Judgment Day. However, Allah Almighty has presented a very detailed description of paradise in Quran. Upon reading Quran one can have an imaginary picture of paradise.

Here are a few verses of Quran relating to the description of paradise.
"(Here is) a Parable of the Garden which the righteous are promised: in it are rivers of water incorruptible; rivers of milk of which the taste never changes; rivers of wine, a joy to those who drink; and rivers of honey pure and clear. In it there are for them all kinds of fruits; and Grace from their Lord...." 47:15.
"[They will sit] on gold-encrusted thrones of happiness, reclining upon them, facing one another in [love]. Immortal youths will wait upon them with goblets, and ewers, and cups filled with water from unsullied springs by which their minds will not be clouded and which will not make them drunk; and with fruit of any kind that they choose, and with flesh of any fowl that they may desire." 56:15-21:

“And [accompanying them will be their] companions pure, most beautiful of eye, like unto pearls hidden in their shells. [This will be] a reward for what they did [during life]. No empty talk will they hear there, nor any call to sin, but only the tiding of inner soundness and peace." 56:22-26:

There are so many other verses of Quran in which paradise has been portrayed in a lovely manner. Those who believe in Allah, his messenger and have lead the life on earth to the will of Allah will be given the right by Allah almighty to enter paradise.
I'm sure it's fantastic.... if you are a man.

Eternal sensual and sexual pleasure. Eternal erections and eternally deflowering virgins whose hymens are eternally repaired after sex. And boys too for those men who are so inclined.

72 Virgins and Boys

Virgins? What virgins? | Books | The Guardian

But how is it "paradise" for women if they have to submit to eternal painful sex with some guy they have to eternally "service"?

How much more proof does anyone need that this is just another religion created by men?

Last edited by Ceist; 06-10-2010 at 08:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 03:02 PM
 
Location: Metromess
11,798 posts, read 21,969,943 times
Reputation: 5074
An imaginary place where men can perpetually rape virgins. Lots of 'bling' around too ("gold-encrusted thrones"). Yep, that's righteous. NOT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 03:38 PM
 
Location: Out in the Badlands
10,425 posts, read 8,776,219 times
Reputation: 7734
Sly dude that ol' Mohamed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 06:04 PM
 
397 posts, read 534,374 times
Reputation: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
I'm sure it's fantastic.... if you are a man.

Eternal sensual and sexual pleasure. Eternal erections and eternally deflowering virgins whose hymens are eternally repaired after sex. And boys too for those men who are so inclined.

72 Virgins and Boys

Virgins? What virgins? | Books | The Guardian

But how is it "paradise" for women if they have to submit to eternal painful sex with some guy they have to eternally "service"?

How much more proof does anyone need that this is just another religion created by men?
men and women are equal before god on the day of judgment. you cant just casually throw out claims like islam was invented by men for men or that women are sex slaves for eternity. you should research first. women and men can have whatever they want in paradise that is not of sin. so if a guy wants 10 wives in paradise, by the will of allah, he will have 10 wives, if a woman wants 10 husbands, by the will of allah, she will have ten husbands. i really dont understand why people like you dont comprehend things yourself instead of following these people that make false accusations. number one question that shuts down the "it was invented by men claim" is that there are women in islam too. wives, daughters, mothers, and they are far from sex slaves. you think a man would allow his daughter to join islam if he believed she would be a sex slave? think about it. women would not be in islam, women would not convert into islam if this claim were true. why would they want to be a sex slave? use the mind allah gave you and ask women why they joined islam. i gaurantee you not one will say "i joined it because i heard a women is a sex slave and ill spend eternity in heaven as a sex slave"... im still trying to comprehend how you would even begin to think that your post was a legitimate claim about islam....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 06:06 PM
 
397 posts, read 534,374 times
Reputation: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
An imaginary place where men can perpetually rape virgins. Lots of 'bling' around too ("gold-encrusted thrones"). Yep, that's righteous. NOT!
your ridiculous....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 09:51 PM
 
1,055 posts, read 2,121,048 times
Reputation: 1221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Emmad View Post
In Quran there are different words used for paradise such as, Jannat-ul-Khuld, Darul as-salam, jannat-ul-Firdous and so. The word jannat has the meaning of a Garden. On the Day of Judgment it will be decided by Allah Almighty that who has paradise in his fate and who will go to Hell (jahanum). No man can see the paradise (jannat) until the Judgment Day. However, Allah Almighty has presented a very detailed description of paradise in Quran. Upon reading Quran one can have an imaginary picture of paradise.

Here are a few verses of Quran relating to the description of paradise.
"(Here is) a Parable of the Garden which the righteous are promised: in it are rivers of water incorruptible; rivers of milk of which the taste never changes; rivers of wine, a joy to those who drink; and rivers of honey pure and clear. In it there are for them all kinds of fruits; and Grace from their Lord...." 47:15.
"[They will sit] on gold-encrusted thrones of happiness, reclining upon them, facing one another in [love]. Immortal youths will wait upon them with goblets, and ewers, and cups filled with water from unsullied springs by which their minds will not be clouded and which will not make them drunk; and with fruit of any kind that they choose, and with flesh of any fowl that they may desire." 56:15-21:

ďAnd [accompanying them will be their] companions pure, most beautiful of eye, like unto pearls hidden in their shells. [This will be] a reward for what they did [during life]. No empty talk will they hear there, nor any call to sin, but only the tiding of inner soundness and peace." 56:22-26:

There are so many other verses of Quran in which paradise has been portrayed in a lovely manner. Those who believe in Allah, his messenger and have lead the life on earth to the will of Allah will be given the right by Allah almighty to enter paradise.
I have been very critical of Islam in the past, and while I don't believe in it and won't bash it here, I want to ask: What is the point?

I think religion should be based on human being loving and honoring their God. If people just choose to be religious just because their will be tons of goodies in the afterlife, then their love and respect for God is false. They don't love God, they love the things he can give them.

I think that this is a major error that many people make when trying to convert others (Not only Muslims, but Christians and others as well). With religion, the rewards of heaven should not be the main subject when discussing god and should be shunned a bit as a topic to talk about so freely (kind of like in Judaism). What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 11:43 PM
 
Location: Metromess
11,798 posts, read 21,969,943 times
Reputation: 5074
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
your ridiculous....
Great response, an ungrammatical insult. You did not fail to live down to my expectations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2010, 11:48 PM
 
397 posts, read 534,374 times
Reputation: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Great response, an ungrammatical insult. You did not fail to live down to my expectations.
please, if your going to say something about islam, make sure its legitimate before you go bashing a religion you show that you obviously know nothing about... you and people like you do not fail to live down to my expectations everyday....... yes you can insult an entire group of people and their beliefs but nobody can make one insult toward you... please... give me a break....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top