U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 03:41 PM

20,894 posts, read 13,649,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
This is my biggest beef with them: Their desire to dominate the entire world. Even if they really were all peace, love, and flowers as they love to proclaim, this aspect alone would still place me in opposition to them. They are not happy to just be Islam. They want you to be a part of Islam, me to be a part, everyone to be a part. This is why I think eventually a conflict will be forced: the modern world vs. the Islam world. They will force it to confrontation.
It's the Islamic version of the Christian "Great Commission." They think that dominating the world is a good thing because Allah wants it that way.

Islam started as a heretical Christian Cult, so its one of the things it picked up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 11:40 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,972,242 times
The Muslim theocracies stand in total opposition to any sort of freedom. See how they deal with any sort of dissent. They remind me of 'The Borg' of Star Trek: "Resistance is futile". If they are allowed to dominate us, it will be the end of life worth living.

Old 06-16-2010, 04:03 AM

46 posts, read 117,607 times
There are many verses of Quran which make it clear that it is the word of God. No human can ever write such kind of book. Here are a few verses:

It is He who has sent among the unlettered a Messenger from themselves reciting to them. His verses and purifying them and teaching them the Book and wisdom - although they were before in clear error. (Al-Jumu'ah 62:2)

And it was not [possible] for this Quran to be produced by other than Allah, but [it is] a confirmation of what was before it and a detailed explanation of the [former] Scripture, about which there is no doubt, from the Lord of the worlds. (Yoonus 10:37)

Then do they not reflect upon the Quran? If it had been from [any] other than Allah, they would have found within it much contradiction. (An-Nisaa’ 4:82)

There has come to you enlightenment from your Lord. So whoever will see does so for [the benefit of] his soul, and whoever is blind [does harm] against it. And [say], "I am not a guardian over you." (al-An'aam 6:104)

Say: "If the mankind and the jinns were together to produce the like of this Quran, they could not produce the like thereof, even if they helped one another." (Al-Israa' 17:88)

And We have indeed made the Quran easy to understand and remember, then is there any that will remember (or receive admonition)? (Al-Qamar 54:17)

An Arabic Quran, without any crookedness (therein) in order that they may become God-fearing. (Az-Zumar 39:28)

Old 06-16-2010, 09:51 AM

40,056 posts, read 30,520,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Emmad View Post
There are many verses of Quran which make it clear that it is the word of God. No human can ever write such kind of book.
Using Quran to prove Quran is just running around in circles.

Old 06-16-2010, 10:56 AM

9,616 posts, read 11,369,507 times
Default The message of functional Islam.

Not to mention, Fred, that it was, in fact, a human who DID write this book, since the Prophet Mohammed was indeed illiterate and certainly, by his own statements, not a God, just a messenger.

Anyone can quote pious but ambiguous platitudes. Anyone. But when they foment ignorance, cruelty, chauvinism and calculated murder, what must we conclude?

(I did ask an Islamic poster yesterday to tell us all which Islamic state best represents the so-called peace-loving, tolerant and educated Islam he so proudly defends.

Iran? The once-and-powerful Iraq? Syria? Pakistan? Afghanistan? Somalia?

I'm genuinely curious.)

Old 06-16-2010, 11:46 AM

20,894 posts, read 13,649,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Emmad View Post
There are many verses of Quran which make it clear that it is the word of God.
You need to brush up on this particular logical fallacy:

Quote:
CIRCULUS IN PROBANDO (Lat. for "circle in proving"), in logic, a phrase used to describe a form of argument in which the very fact which one seeks to demonstrate is used as a premise, i.e. as part of the evidence on which the conclusion is based. This argument is one form of the fallacy known as petitio principii, " begging the question." It is most common in lengthy arguments, the complicated character of which enables the speaker to make his hearers forget the data from which he began.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:26 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,038,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Not to mention, Fred, that it was, in fact, a human who DID write this book, since the Prophet Mohammed was indeed illiterate and certainly, by his own statements, not a God, just a messenger.

Anyone can quote pious but ambiguous platitudes. Anyone. But when they foment ignorance, cruelty, chauvinism and calculated murder, what must we conclude?

(I did ask an Islamic poster yesterday to tell us all which Islamic state best represents the so-called peace-loving, tolerant and educated Islam he so proudly defends.

Iran? The once-and-powerful Iraq? Syria? Pakistan? Afghanistan? Somalia?

I'm genuinely curious.)
i used to consider you a man of logic and rational thinking

is verifying from specific relegion depends on politic conflicts and behaviours of governors ?

Old 06-17-2010, 12:11 AM

127 posts, read 243,694 times
WalidShoebat.com

Old 06-17-2010, 03:21 PM

10,513 posts, read 10,328,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imanway View Post
hi all,

There is no doubt that those who did not read the Koran do not know that the Word of God....

Anyone here will say give me proofs then, OK.

Muslims are assured for several reasons that the Qur’an is indeed the Word of God. Here are some of the reasons.

*Islamic Shield Muslim Defence*

I welcome to all Debate

imanway

just because it's written in a book, doesn't make it true.

Old 06-18-2010, 02:49 PM

251 posts, read 373,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
Fine. I'll take your word for it.
Now, I will ask you the same question I asked of Sukrill: Why is it that the Muslim majority of moderates cannot get some sort of control over your more radical members who seem set on destroying not just non-Muslims - but in reality - their very own religion with their terrorist actions?

First,radical members exists in all communities, not just in islam look Zionist movement how has a bad influence on the world's Jews on the Jews So, They have no control her ...In Christianity the same thing

you find that most of them are probably the strong organizations ,the States probably can not be controlled on their actions completely

They only represent themselves and not their religion

imanway
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or