U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 04:13 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,794,578 times

Advertisements

Leap of Faith...end of story
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 08:38 AM

6 posts, read 9,271 times
more proofs

Dr. Maurice Bucaille

http://www.islamhouse.com/d/files/en/ih_books/signal/en_quran_modern_science.pdf (broken link)

Old 06-22-2010, 09:38 AM

10,513 posts, read 10,326,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Emmad View Post
Quran itself provides the proof that it is the God's word, no man can ever write a book like Quran. Here are a few verses of Quran about Quran itself which tell that it is the word of God.

It is He who has sent among the unlettered a Messenger from themselves reciting to them. His verses and purifying them and teaching them the Book and wisdom - although they were before in clear error. (Al-Jumu'ah 62:2)

And it was not [possible] for this Quran to be produced by other than Allah, but [it is] a confirmation of what was before it and a detailed explanation of the [former] Scripture, about which there is no doubt, from the Lord of the worlds. (Yoonus 10:37)

Then do they not reflect upon the Quran? If it had been from [any] other than Allah, they would have found within it much contradiction. (An-Nisaa’ 4:82)

There has come to you enlightenment from your Lord. So whoever will see does so for [the benefit of] his soul, and whoever is blind [does harm] against it. And [say], "I am not a guardian over you." (al-An'aam 6:104)

Say: "If the mankind and the jinns were together to produce the like of this Quran, they could not produce the like thereof, even if they helped one another." (Al-Israa' 17:88)

And We have indeed made the Quran easy to understand and remember, then is there any that will remember (or receive admonition)? (Al-Qamar 54:17)

An Arabic Quran, without any crookedness (therein) in order that they may become God-fearing. (Az-Zumar 39:28)

And guess who wrote those verses, a man, a man no different than anyone of us, any person who writes a book and claims it to be sacred is only fooling themselves, because it is merely that individual's opinion and interpretations of what one believes in, nothing more, it is not sacred or the word of any deity just because someone says so and anyone who claims that it is, is only deluding themselves. There is no such thing as sacred writings.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:11 AM

20,894 posts, read 13,645,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun. View Post
more proofs

Dr. Maurice Bucaille

http://www.islamhouse.com/d/files/en/ih_books/signal/en_quran_modern_science.pdf (broken link)
If the good Doctor Bucaille really believed all that stuff... why did he never become a Muslim?

Old 06-22-2010, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
If the good Doctor Bucaille really believed all that stuff... why did he never become a Muslim?

Do you have any link indicates that he is not a Muslim?

Old 06-23-2010, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Do you have any link indicates that he is not a Muslim?
Not a link, but a couple references. This is from the catalog of the Islamic publisher and book distributor Pak Books:

Quote:
BUCAILLE, M BIBLE, QUR'AN AND SCIENCE 1996 254 P 5.95 1749

Dr.Bucaille's study of scientific information in scriptures gave him
high regard for Qur'an and recognition of contradictions in Christian
scriptures. Yet he remained a Christian, but deeply respectful of Islam.
An invaluable work!
Second, in 1992 (a few years before his death) the Islamic Bulletin interviewed him and specifically asked him the question, "Have you embraced Islam?" He refused to say yes.

Instead he said:

Quote:
"About my faith and belief, God knows what is in one's heart. I am convinced that if I identify myself with any creed, people will invariably dub me as one belonging to such and such group and feel that whatever I say or do, I do so from only the angle of such and such creed group. I know my fellow beings very well and understand their mentality only too well. I wanted to assure them that all my pronouncements are based on scientific knowledge and not on any religious dogmas."

Old 06-23-2010, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Not a link, but a couple references. This is from the catalog of the Islamic publisher and book distributor Pak Books:

Second, in 1992 (a few years before his death) the Islamic Bulletin interviewed him and specifically asked him the question, "Have you embraced Islam?" He refused to say yes.

Instead he said:

thank you HistorianDude

but that will not avail aught against the truth.

here is another Doctor

The Amazing Qur'an Dr. Miller's famous work.

Download 'The Amazing Qur'an'.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:
thank you HistorianDude

but that will not avail aught against the truth.
Why would truth avail against truth?

Bucaille never became a Muslim. That is the truth.

Miller became a Muslim. That is the truth.

Neither of them, however, wrote books that are true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or