Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 01:29 PM

2,958 posts, read 2,560,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
that would be good news
Yes...the worship of ancient gods promulgated upon us by primitive societies couldn't last forever. I hoped that I might live to see the end of it but there's not a chance.

There's no way religion will last half a dozen more generations. The reason is just this...the Internet. People are basically smarter than that. You might see a few million hillbilly bible thumpers trying to hang onto it but it will essentially be history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 02:45 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,656,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
Yes...the worship of ancient gods promulgated upon us by primitive societies couldn't last forever. I hoped that I might live to see the end of it but there's not a chance.

There's no way religion will last half a dozen more generations. The reason is just this...the Internet. People are basically smarter than that. You might see a few million hillbilly bible thumpers trying to hang onto it but it will essentially be history.

Hey now George, I resemble that remark... even us hillbillies have computers and I'm not a believer in that sacred book either......... oh and to keep it on topic, I do not wish to learn any more than I already know about Islam, it's confusing enough as it is....

Old 06-17-2010, 04:04 PM

608 posts, read 605,609 times
Default Yes, I like to know more about Islam and Muslims, because you and I we are both believers in the same God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by some one 76 View Post
Do you want to know anything about IEnter hereslam
Islam Way

Yes, I like to know more about Islam and Muslims, because you and I we are both believers in the same God.

Deleted I like to ask you whether Muslims also have the same concept of God that I adopt for myself which I know to be common among all Christians, namely:

God is the necessary being maker of everything that has a beginning.

Okay, I will now read your reference and find out more about what is your concept of God in the most crucial essence of God in relation to man and the what I call totality of existence which also embraces the traditional universe of the scientists and also atheists.

Give me a few moments.

Here, there is a form for people to fill up who want to know about Islam and I presume also about Muslims.

Quote:
Do you want more information or want to be a Muslim?
Don't hesitate ..
Notice: This contact form is intended only for Non-Muslims or New-Muslims requiring support. We give general information about Islam here, however we do not answer any questions related to Islamic law such as marriage, divorce, inheritance…etc nor are we qualified to issue any fatwa(legal Islamic opinion).
Thank you for your understanding.
Fill this form and we will help you as much as we can.
Name:
Email :
Right away I will tell you that I can be a good Muslim, except and I am not being funny though sardonic if that be the right word, except for the right to marry as I know from stock information four wives and unlimited concubines as long as I can do them all justice.

As a Christian I will just have to add belief in the Holy Trinity and in Jesus Christ as Son of God and Redeemer of mankind.

Anyway, I will just say that all theists should come together to formulate what are their common beliefs so that they can together all together exchange ideas and views with atheists, so that all mankind can have common ideas and views on what to do with life and the universe, and of course with God -- even though atheists do not have any belief in God, or in the broadest term, any deities.

Atheists don't believe in God but it is to the advantage of mankind that they get to know the concept of God that is common to all peoples who believe in God.

So that atheists can be resource people to advise theists on how to think up and live a religion that will not be in conflict with atheists, because they atheists also ascribe to the idea of every man has the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, and also they do believe that all men are born free, equal, and are from the same ancestor, thus all are brothers.

I will tell you, dear brother Muslim, that I really and fully appreciate the Muslim doctrine and practice of at most only four wives and several concubines on condition that a man can and does do them all justice.

That should do a lot of good in society as regards the sex drive of man being ordinarily ambitious and thus getting to be unruly as regards the wife and daughters of other men, man each man that is will then have his sex ambition satisfied with four wives and several concubines, even unlimited, so long as he can do them all justice.

And I think it is good in terms of practicality that a man should have several female partners and lovers in life, because then he can get more things done for making a good living with the contribution of time and labor and talents of his many female life partners and lovers or concubines.

I think that system is a better program in all practical considerations of sex drive from the part of the male human and also his need and duty to make a good living for himself and his big family, i.e., with the contribution of time and labor and talents from his women-folk making up with him his family and home and shall I say business or industry for obtaining a decent even comfortable and possibly luxurious lifestyle.

Ryrge

Last edited by june 7th; 06-19-2010 at 12:06 PM..

Old 06-17-2010, 04:16 PM

608 posts, read 605,609 times
Default Yes, I want to know about Islam, in particular the concept of God in Islam.

Yes, I want to know about Islam, in particular the concept of God in Islam.

So, dear Muslim brother, let us do together a constructive and productive exchange of ideas and views on our concepts of God.

This thread is on the question: "Do you want to know anything about Islam?"

mod cut: deleted I just want to talk with the author about the concept of God among Muslims, as compared to the concept of God I adopt for myself which I believe is common among Christians:

God is the necessary being maker of everything that has a beginning.

mod cut: deleted

Now, dear Muslim brother, I am ready to learn from you as a learned Muslim what is the concept of God in his most crucial essence, in Islam and among Muslims, in relation to man and the universe.

And also on a minor note, the discipline of sex and marriage in Islam and among Muslims.

Ryrge

Last edited by june 7th; 06-19-2010 at 12:08 PM..

Old 06-17-2010, 05:23 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,729,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post

one problem, can we last another 6 generations with or without religion??

Old 06-17-2010, 05:35 PM

2,958 posts, read 2,560,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
one problem, can we last another 6 generations with or without religion??
That's basically a good question. I know I won't.

I have three children, 50, 48 and 45. I have eight grandchildren, 24, 18, 17, 15, 14, 11, 9 and 4. They won't see it either. I'm sure though that you get my point. Soon some of the offspring of this production will see it.

Old 06-17-2010, 06:47 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,401,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by some one 76 View Post
Do you want to know anything about IEnter hereslam
Islam Way

Oh that's easy. NO THANKS!

Old 06-17-2010, 07:45 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,826,300 times
sorry...not into decapitation

Old 06-17-2010, 08:48 PM

11 posts, read 14,823 times
thanks for evrey one

Old 06-18-2010, 06:38 AM

11 posts, read 14,823 times
thaArabic to English translationShow romanization

Thank you all say to just login to the link and you will find all the answers
I should know that Islam forbids murder and forbidden
Except for limited cases such as the murder murderer

Contribute a better translation
Thank you for contributing your translation suggestion to Google Translate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam