U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 09:50 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,044,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryrge View Post
That is an example of groundless religious profiling.

I am inviting Muslims to tell us the bigger and better story of that unfair stereotype.

Ryrge

do you wanna a big story !

within this PDF
http://www.europol.europa.eu/publica.../TESAT2009.pdf

"Islamist terrorism is still perceived as being the biggest threat worldwide, despite the fact that the EU only faced one Islamist terrorist attack in 2008. This bomb attack took place in the UK…Separatist terrorism remains the terrorism area which affects the EU most. This includes Basque separatist terrorism in Spain and France, and Corsican terrorism in France…Past contacts between ETA and the FARC illustrate the fact that also separatist terrorist organizations seek cooperation partners outside the EU on the basis of common interests. In the UK, dissident Irish republican groups, principally the RIRA and the CIRA, and other paramilitary groups may continue to engage in crime and violence."

do you want another big story ! read this PDF and scroll it to the end to find entire statistics
http://www.europol.europa.eu/publica.../TESAT2008.pdf

in years 2006 & 2007
no. of attacks by islamist was 1 and 4
no. of attacks by separatist was 424 and 532
no. of attacks by left wing was 30 and 21
no. of attacks by right wing was 1 and 1

in the same years 2006 & 2007
no. of members who were arrested from islamist were 257 and 201
no of members who were arrested from separatist were 226 and 548
no of members who were arrested from left wing 52 and 48
no of members who were arrested from right wing 15 and 44

Perception is not reality. Due to the right wing’s influence and propaganda, people mistakenly think that Islamic terrorism is the greatest threat to the Western world. It is even a commonly held belief that Islamic terrorism poses an existential threat–that the very survival of the Western world is at stake. Of course, the reality is that there are other groups that engage in terrorism on a much larger scale, yet these terrorist incidents are minimized. Acts of terrorism committed by Muslims are purposefully sensationalized and focused upon, culminating in the idea that “(nearly) all terrorists are Muslims.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 01:21 PM

11,798 posts, read 22,049,746 times
Two wrongs don't make a right. (But three rights make a left.) So your justification is that there are other bad guys in addition to Muslim terrorists? That will help me feel better, I'm sure. And everyone who criticizes Muslim terrorism is "right wing"? Hardly. If anything is "right wing", it's a Muslim theocracy.

Old 06-24-2010, 01:29 PM

40,423 posts, read 26,933,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
Perception is not reality. Due to the right wing’s influence and propaganda, people mistakenly think that Islamic terrorism is the greatest threat to the Western world. It is even a commonly held belief that Islamic terrorism poses an existential threat–that the very survival of the Western world is at stake. Of course, the reality is that there are other groups that engage in terrorism on a much larger scale, yet these terrorist incidents are minimized. Acts of terrorism committed by Muslims are purposefully sensationalized and focused upon, culminating in the idea that “(nearly) all terrorists are Muslims.”
The magnitude of the threat and the difficulty in preventing it is orders of magnitude greater when the fools are willing to blow themselves up to achieve it. No sale, elwill.

Old 06-24-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Two wrongs don't make a right. (But three rights make a left.) So your justification is that there are other bad guys in addition to Muslim terrorists? That will help me feel better, I'm sure. And everyone who criticizes Muslim terrorism is "right wing"? Hardly. If anything is "right wing", it's a Muslim theocracy.
where is the justification i made ?

Old 06-24-2010, 06:15 PM

608 posts, read 532,368 times
Default If a thing happens by the will of another, is that creation by that another or what?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryrge
Well, I can accept that, but can you think beyond His seeing everything, what about His doing everything that is done or is existing in the totality of existence, everything that is with a beginning.

Ryrge

he is the controller of everything , have knowledge about everything
but not necessery doing every thing , but every thing happens with his knowledge and his will

i believe that he begining everything then the work of evolution worked by his laws and knowledge

If a thing happens by the will of another, is that creation by that another or what?

Why don't you just say in plain simple English that even a child can understand, that Allah made everything, so that on further thinking you will come to the insight that Allah is the necessary being maker of everything with a beginning?

Are you a genuine Muslim with some solid learning in Islamic theology?

Tell me what you know to be the Kalam Argument for the existence of God aka Allah.

Ryrge

Old 06-25-2010, 01:08 AM

Quote:
If a thing happens by the will of another, is that creation by that another or what?

Why don't you just say in plain simple English that even a child can understand, that Allah made everything, so that on further thinking you will come to the insight that Allah is the necessary being maker of everything with a beginning?
i agree

Quote:
Are you a genuine Muslim with some solid learning in Islamic theology?
i hope so

Quote:
Tell me what you know to be the Kalam Argument for the existence of God aka Allah.
may be i'm not sure exactly which kind of argument you trying to do

are you want a discussion ( unit discussion between me and you ) against the idea of athiesm ?
or regardless of athiesm , you just want to talk about our concept for god as theist ?

Old 06-25-2010, 03:28 PM

Default I like for you to tell me whether the differences among Muslims and Christians and also Jews are so very important...

Quote:
i agree

i hope so

may be i'm not sure exactly which kind of argument you trying to do

are you want a discussion ( unit discussion between me and you ) against the idea of athiesm ?
or regardless of athiesm , you just want to talk about our concept for god as theist ?

I like for you to tell me whether the differences among Muslims and Christians and also Jews are so very important as to not enable and motivate them all to work together in order to get atheists to stop belaboring or bashing God when they are just unhappy to say the least with religions.

And make them act as critics of religion but in an academic manner, instead of in an uncivilized manner.

Then all peoples who do practice a religion can benefit from atheists or now called a-religionists how to not observe a religion by ways and means which atheists now called a-religionists to be irrational and even harmful to life and nature.

Ryrge

Old 06-25-2010, 04:20 PM

20,894 posts, read 13,718,774 times
Quote:
I like for you to tell me whether the differences among Muslims and Christians and also Jews are so very important as to not enable and motivate them all to work together in order to get atheists to stop belaboring or bashing God when they are just unhappy to say the least with religions.
Now that's ominous!!!

Old 06-25-2010, 04:39 PM

1,785 posts, read 3,031,868 times
Hello to all the new Muslims on this board. I have truly had the pleasure of posting back and forth with some of you and have enjoyed that. I noticed something posted on C-D on another board that I wanted to re-post here and get your feelings on. This is a man who claims to be a leader of a Muslim group. I have not yet found anyone refuting what he says in this clip or demanding that he be censored by the majority of Moderate Muslims. Do you feel that his views represent your views/your religion? Do you feel that he is a good spokesperson for the Islamic religion? Is what he says correct? Thank you.

Anjem Choudary: "Islam does not mean peace. Islam means submission."

"UK Muslim Leader: Islam Not a Religion of Peace," by Erick Stakelbeck for CBN News, March 2:
WASHINGTON -- The Obama administration has released a review of its strategy in the war on terrorism. The report failed to even mention the word "Islam."
CBN News traveled to London to talk with Anjem Choudary, a leading Muslim radical who says Islamic teachings are what shaped his pro-jihad message.
Although both George W. Bush and Barack Obama have declared that Islam is a religion of peace, Choudary begs to differ.
A Religion of Peace?
"You can't say that Islam is a religion of peace," Choudary told CBN News. "Because Islam does not mean peace. Islam means submission. So the Muslim is one who submits. There is a place for violence in Islam. There is a place for jihad in Islam."

Old 06-26-2010, 01:24 PM

Default Peace comes from submission to God the necessary being maker of everything that has a beginning.

Peace comes from submission to God the necessary being maker of everything that has a beginning.

Islam verbatim denotes submission to God; and the name, Muslim, indicates a practitioner of the habit of submission to God.

Peace is the fruit of submission to God, the centripetal acceptance of God as the center of the whole totality of existence, as He is in fact within every created being and also enveloping all creation.

Once man accepts the existence of God conceived as the necessary being maker of everything that has a beginning, he will be at peace, and can truly give himself to the examination of how God made everything and keeps everything in operation.

Then no need for atheists to bring in blind chance for a pseudo-explanation of anything at all; for God as the necessary being maker of everything with a beginning, He is the ultimate explanation for life, existence, the physical universe, and the totality of existence.

Yes, I can agree to the claim of any learned Muslim that Islam means submission to God, which is in its core the acceptance of God as the necessary being maker of everything that has a beginning -- and anything that has no beginning but still exists, that can only exist necessarily, hence that is God the only one necessary being.

However I don't accept that submission means going into jihad, except as propounded by genuine Muslims in the sense of spiritual combat, the fight against man's unruly self tendencies within himself, and also against all enemies of God.

Dear Muslim brothers, if you see enemies of God among fellow humans, then fight them with spiritual arms and strategies, i.e., not resorting to physical violence, but by ideas and concepts and principles and facts and truths, through reasoning and logic.

Ryrge
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or