U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2010, 07:23 PM

397 posts, read 534,519 times

Advertisements

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh!!!

this is mainly for muslims or maybe even non muslims who have legitimate and authentic hadiths/sunnahs/verses/narrations. i would like to hear your favorites. i would ask that anyone who does not have a favorite verse, etc, then to not reply to this thread. i just wouldnt like any arguements starting like a majority of the other threads. so please have respect and share your favorites. i would also like to know where others can find it, or where i can find your favorites. so insha allah i cant wait to hear them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 07:47 PM

13,143 posts, read 19,194,610 times
um... Marhaba? That's all the Arabic I can remember at the moment.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:57 AM

20,894 posts, read 13,651,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
um... Marhaba? That's all the Arabic I can remember at the moment.
I'm pretty sure that's Turkish, not Arabic.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:04 AM

13,143 posts, read 19,194,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
I'm pretty sure that's Turkish, not Arabic.
Meaning of marhaba - Islamic-Dictionary.com

Maybe both? How closely related are the two languages?

Old 06-18-2010, 05:17 PM

251 posts, read 373,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post

this is mainly for muslims or maybe even non muslims who have legitimate and authentic hadiths/sunnahs/verses/narrations. i would like to hear your favorites. i would ask that anyone who does not have a favorite verse, etc, then to not reply to this thread. i just wouldnt like any arguements starting like a majority of the other threads. so please have respect and share your favorites. i would also like to know where others can find it, or where i can find your favorites. so insha allah i cant wait to hear them
upon you Assalamu wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

hi my brother/sister sukrill....

thank you it is Blessed step

It's a very impressive this verse allah said :

(99- Until, when death comes to one of them (those who join partners with Allâh), he says: "My Lord! Send me back,
100- "So that I may do good in that which I have left behind!" No! It is but a word that he speaks, and behind them is Barzakh (a barrier) until the Day when they will be resurrected) Surât Al-Mu'minûn

may allah reward you sukrill

imanway

Old 06-18-2010, 09:25 PM

13,856 posts, read 22,964,539 times
I have a book of Hadiths, but I don't remember which is my favorites. I often like the ones about charity, that's an element of Islam I like. I'm not Muslim myself or interested in converting.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:58 PM

6 posts, read 9,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post

Waa alaikum Assalamu wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

Say: "O 'Ibadi (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: verily, Allah forgives all sins. Truly He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

"And turn in repentance and in obedience with true Faith (Islamic Monotheism) to your Lord and submit to Him (in Islam) before the torment comes upon you, (and) then you will not be helped. Quran 39.53:54

Old 06-23-2010, 08:43 AM

6 posts, read 9,274 times
The following Hadith if you practice it and feel its result , you will be very comfortable and happy let alone the reward that you are going to get from Allah .

All what you have to do is to perform the maghrib (sunset) prayer in the mosque and when the prayer is over stay in the mosque for the isha (evening) prayer

and see what you are going to get in this Hadith

Abdullah ibn-Amr ibn-al-'As said,

"One day we prayed Maghrib (sunset) prayer with the Prophet peace be upon him.
Some left and
some remained after the prayer.
The Prophet peace be upon him came

hurrying and
out of breath and
uncovering his knees

and said,

"Be happy,
your Lord has opened one door of the sky and prides you the
angels saying,

"look at my worshippers,
they have completed one faridah (obligatory act)
and are waiting for another."

(Related by Ibn-Majah and ranked as hadith sahih by al-Albani)

and here is the original Hadith

موسوعة الحديث الشريف - عرض الحديث

Old 06-24-2010, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun. View Post
The following Hadith if you practice it and feel its result , you will be very comfortable and happy let alone the reward that you are going to get from Allah .

All what you have to do is to perform the maghrib (sunset) prayer in the mosque and when the prayer is over stay in the mosque for the isha (evening) prayer

and see what you are going to get in this Hadith

Abdullah ibn-Amr ibn-al-'As said,

"One day we prayed Maghrib (sunset) prayer with the Prophet peace be upon him.
Some left and
some remained after the prayer.
The Prophet peace be upon him came

hurrying and
out of breath and
uncovering his knees

and said,

"Be happy,
your Lord has opened one door of the sky and prides you the
angels saying,

"look at my worshippers,
they have completed one faridah (obligatory act)
and are waiting for another."

(Related by Ibn-Majah and ranked as hadith sahih by al-Albani)

and here is the original Hadith

موسوعة الحديث الشريف - عرض الحديث
Humdallah! thats the first time ive heard that, thats an awesome hadith, thanks for sharing!

Old 06-24-2010, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
I have a book of Hadiths, but I don't remember which is my favorites. I often like the ones about charity, that's an element of Islam I like. I'm not Muslim myself or interested in converting.
which book is it that you have?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or