U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-21-2010, 09:17 PM
 
Location: Not yet
251 posts, read 373,437 times
Reputation: 26

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
So lets hear it.



Gplex, and all here..

If this is true means that you see that all the prophets!!!

how is that ?

look, mentioned in the Bible, and Prophet comes in the last decade and Said that Jesus said that Moses, peace be upon them, As it exists in the texts of the Torah and the Gospel

Anyone who has read the words of the Qur'an along with some of the Traditions of the Prophet (peace be upon him) knows that he sincerely believed that he was a Prophet of God....

Read how God victory Muhammad peace be upon him, he was genuinely convinced that God would help him in his mission this is an undeniable fact to those who have even a cursory knowledge of his life....


Could a charlatan compose a text that stood as the foundation of the most successful and extensive empires ever to grace the earth? Could a charlatan write a book that has united peoples of hundreds of different languages and races for over fourteen centuries?


imanway
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-21-2010, 09:33 PM
 
Location: NZ Wellington
2,782 posts, read 3,730,821 times
Reputation: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by imanway View Post
Gplex, and all here..

If this is true means that you see that all the prophets!!!

how is that ?

look, mentioned in the Bible, and Prophet comes in the last decade and Said that Jesus said that Moses, peace be upon them, As it exists in the texts of the Torah and the Gospel

Anyone who has read the words of the Qur'an along with some of the Traditions of the Prophet (peace be upon him) knows that he sincerely believed that he was a Prophet of God....

Read how God victory Muhammad peace be upon him, he was genuinely convinced that God would help him in his mission this is an undeniable fact to those who have even a cursory knowledge of his life....


Could a charlatan compose a text that stood as the foundation of the most successful and extensive empires ever to grace the earth? Could a charlatan write a book that has united peoples of hundreds of different languages and races for over fourteen centuries?


imanway
The same claims could be made of all the Jewish texts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2010, 09:38 PM
 
Location: NZ Wellington
2,782 posts, read 3,730,821 times
Reputation: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
people recorded what the prophet said, then that narration/hadith/sunnah was passed from the prophets mouth to the minds of his companions, you have lets just say 12 people that followed him, those twelve people wrote what he said, they all matched. then those twelve were passed to more and more people, even if one of them got what he said wrong, there would be 11 others that got it right. this is the authenticity of the quran. the knowledge and writings have been passed down from generation to generation.

they even have books on the chain of authenticity that link people today all the way to the prophet himself. and the people arent written in those books unless it is confirmed by the person before them that they know everything that the person whos giving the knowledge knows. they make sure so it does not lose its authenticity, so even if every quran in the world was burned, there are people that can recite it word for word, you would think they were one of the people that followed the prophet, even after 1400 years.
but also the wives wrote down everything he did and said and how he acted and reacted in situations. his companions did as well.

if you would like to know more information heres a link...Islam Question and Answer - Claims that the Qur
So what you are saying, is god couldn't tell him how to create a computer, and the internet, and spread it around the world....

Time means nothing. The idea the earth was flat for an example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2010, 09:41 PM
 
Location: NZ Wellington
2,782 posts, read 3,730,821 times
Reputation: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
if you read the quran front to back and not just read a chapter here and there, its in chronological order. theres some sties that say theres contradictions because in one verse it says do not go to prayer in a drunken state and then in anther it says dont drink at all, then people yell contradiction, but if you read the quran in the order it was written you would find that alcohol was permissable at one point in time and then later it was forbidden. theres narrations of people pouring out their alcohol, some were even making themselves vomit if they had been drinking it. immediately muhammad stopped a nation of people from drinking and when the united states tried to ban alcohol they couldnt. so many people were being arrested and thrown in jail it was too much for the us to handle. so they gave up. they made it legal again. nothing changed. however when the prophet said it, immediately people stopped and didnt want to drink anymore. humdallah... the only real way to find out if the quran is true or not is by reading it with an open mind.... it all makes sense, i dont know what doesnt...
Find me any part of the quran, as beautiful and thought inspiring as the pale blue dot?

I guess we will be following all those emperors and generals ideology, because they could control people...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2010, 12:19 AM
 
397 posts, read 534,374 times
Reputation: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
The same claims could be made of all the Jewish texts.
humdallah, allah is all-knowing, he chose muhammad because one of muhammads wife would be sophia, her father wa an enemy of the prophet. after the prophet defeated him, brought down his empire, and then he took her daughter as his wife, she could have killed him at anytime, she could have spoke lies about him however she realized that he WAS a true prophet of god, even she could not deny and this brought some jews to islam. subhan allah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2010, 12:27 AM
 
397 posts, read 534,374 times
Reputation: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
So what you are saying, is god couldn't tell him how to create a computer, and the internet, and spread it around the world....

Time means nothing. The idea the earth was flat for an example.
allah could have told him whatever he wanted but really? the internet, why didnt he tell him about the blue ray player, the ipod, the ps3, etc.... allah only revealed that which needed to be revealed. you can live peacefully without knowing about the internet. people lived peacefully before the internet, it was unecessary information to live a peaceful life...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2010, 12:31 AM
 
397 posts, read 534,374 times
Reputation: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
Find me any part of the quran, as beautiful and thought inspiring as the pale blue dot?

I guess we will be following all those emperors and generals ideology, because they could control people...
it all depends on what you consider "beautiful", however look around you, think about the most beautiful waterfall youve ever seen, the most beautiful sunset, the most beautiful colors and most unique animals, take a look at the venus flytrap, the mosquito, the universe, its all beautiful... just pick one. even the thought that allah has things more beautiful that we could not even imagine in paradise. insha allah i hope one day you and i will be able to experience such a sight...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2010, 12:45 AM
 
Location: NZ Wellington
2,782 posts, read 3,730,821 times
Reputation: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
allah could have told him whatever he wanted but really? the internet, why didnt he tell him about the blue ray player, the ipod, the ps3, etc.... allah only revealed that which needed to be revealed. you can live peacefully without knowing about the internet. people lived peacefully before the internet, it was unecessary information to live a peaceful life...
It is far more likely that Muhammad didn't know anything about the technology we have, because he lied.

You tried to convince me that muhmmad have first hand knowledge about the development of human embryos through the PM system. Look muhmmad got all the thing wrong the greeks did. It might be because he knew this man named Nafi ibn al-Harith. He was train in the syriac medicine, which is based on the greeks knowledge.

Muhammad said bones before flesh in embryonic development. The exact same thing the greeks got wrong. A drop of sperm is made into a clot of blood? and settle in the soils of the womb? But now we know that the sperm does not change into a clot of blood, but finds an egg. Where is the EGG!!! Sperm doesn't change into a clot of blood!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
it all depends on what you consider "beautiful", however look around you, think about the most beautiful waterfall youve ever seen, the most beautiful sunset, the most beautiful colors and most unique animals, take a look at the venus flytrap, the mosquito, the universe, its all beautiful... just pick one. even the thought that allah has things more beautiful that we could not even imagine in paradise. insha allah i hope one day you and i will be able to experience such a sight...
I'll take that as - sorry I can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
humdallah, allah is all-knowing, he chose muhammad because one of muhammads wife would be sophia, her father wa an enemy of the prophet. after the prophet defeated him, brought down his empire, and then he took her daughter as his wife, she could have killed him at anytime, she could have spoke lies about him however she realized that he WAS a true prophet of god, even she could not deny and this brought some jews to islam. subhan allah.
I sure I can find someone who thinks the lizard people will come and eat us soon, it doesn't mean it's true..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2010, 01:27 AM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,874 posts, read 31,750,270 times
Reputation: 12622
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
it all depends on what you consider "beautiful", however look around you, think about the most beautiful waterfall youve ever seen, the most beautiful sunset, the most beautiful colors and most unique animals, take a look at the venus flytrap, the mosquito, the universe, its all beautiful... just pick one. even the thought that allah has things more beautiful that we could not even imagine in paradise. insha allah i hope one day you and i will be able to experience such a sight...
Too bad that paradise, like heaven and nirvana is just a story, huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2010, 03:56 AM
 
Location: 30-40N 90-100W
13,856 posts, read 22,953,196 times
Reputation: 6679
If we are to take the story as is Muhammad initially did not profit from what he said. Quite the contrary he was boycotted which apparently led to the death of his beloved wife Khadija died. He was also threatened with death on occasion. It is true that years later he would lead a successful Empire, but I don't think charlatans normally think "okay this con will cause my loved ones to starve to death in a year-long period, and cause me to get death threats, but in the long-run it's going to be gravy!"

If we are to disregard what sources we have than Muhammad can be whatever the heck you want him to be more or less. From nice-guy pacifist to slathering con-man.

I'm not Muslim, but I think it's likely Muhammad was either initially sincere or at least somewhat sincere throughout. One can be sincere and still be incorrect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top