U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-05-2010, 06:58 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn
40,056 posts, read 30,544,535 times
Reputation: 10490

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Emmad View Post
Quran has presented a guideline that Muslims have to follow. Who care whether you people eat pork or not!
The real, underlying problem in this entire thread is that you make it sound as though Quran is the only source of guidelines for people to follow. I'm Jewish; we don't eat pork either. Hinduism reveres the cow. Great cooga-mooga, who would have believed it? Every religion has guidelines! (And every one believes their guidelines are the "right" ones to follow).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-05-2010, 01:08 PM
 
Location: Metromess
11,798 posts, read 21,989,805 times
Reputation: 5074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Emmad View Post
The way you all people are behaving really proves that by eating pork, all the qualities of a pig have been transferred in you people.

Do what you have to, eat what you have to and live the pigs way.

Quran has presented a guideline that Muslims have to follow. Who care whether you people eat pork or not!
Now it's "you people"! It didn't take long for the thin veneer of civilization to come off, did it? So now we're like pigs. Oink, oink!

By the way, pigs are not cannibalistic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2010, 01:12 PM
 
Location: Richardson, TX
8,701 posts, read 11,843,780 times
Reputation: 3727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Emmad View Post
The way you all people are behaving really proves that by eating pork, all the qualities of a pig have been transferred in you people.

Do what you have to, eat what you have to and live the pigs way.

Quran has presented a guideline that Muslims have to follow. Who care whether you people eat pork or not!
Wow, just wow. Oh the irony.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2010, 02:00 PM
 
Location: The Milky Way Galaxy
2,256 posts, read 6,083,631 times
Reputation: 1511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Emmad View Post
The way you all people are behaving really proves that by eating pork, all the qualities of a pig have been transferred in you people.

Do what you have to, eat what you have to and live the pigs way.

Quran has presented a guideline that Muslims have to follow. Who care whether you people eat pork or not!
Lol! Actually if only that were true...pigs are clean and I happen to be as filthy as they come
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2010, 05:12 AM
 
46 posts, read 117,667 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
The real, underlying problem in this entire thread is that you make it sound as though Quran is the only source of guidelines for people to follow. I'm Jewish; we don't eat pork either. Hinduism reveres the cow. Great cooga-mooga, who would have believed it? Every religion has guidelines! (And every one believes their guidelines are the "right" ones to follow).
Well, you are right, Quran is not the only source of guidance, but as you have your belief, we the Muslims have our belief that Quran is the most accurate source of guidelines but it never imposes anything. Everyone has the freedom to follow their belief. But what I think is that everyone has the right to know the truth as well.

If you take it as a source of Information, learn Quran and then decide on basis of knowledge it presents, you'll loose nothing and maybe you accept the logical evidence by the Quran.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2010, 09:37 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn
40,056 posts, read 30,544,535 times
Reputation: 10490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Emmad View Post
Well, you are right, Quran is not the only source of guidance, but as you have your belief, we the Muslims have our belief that Quran is the most accurate source of guidelines but it never imposes anything. Everyone has the freedom to follow their belief. But what I think is that everyone has the right to know the truth as well.

If you take it as a source of Information, learn Quran and then decide on basis of knowledge it presents, you'll loose nothing and maybe you accept the logical evidence by the Quran.
And that's the other problem with this thread, as highlighted above. You make an effort to sound reasonable, but with just a little provocation, the gloves come off and you reveal how intolerant you really are. To say nothing of condescending; you are promoting your truth--the truth as you see it. Doesn't mean it's the truth for anyone else. Or even that you're necessarily right.

If you had a little basic copywriting skills, you'd have realized how your posting was going to read. And if you went ahead and posted those words anyway, then no copywriting skills in the world would have been able to disguise your bias.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2010, 10:19 AM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,884 posts, read 31,780,534 times
Reputation: 12629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
And that's the other problem with this thread, as highlighted above. You make an effort to sound reasonable, but with just a little provocation, the gloves come off and you reveal how intolerant you really are. To say nothing of condescending; you are promoting your truth--the truth as you see it. Doesn't mean it's the truth for anyone else. Or even that you're necessarily right.

If you had a little basic copywriting skills, you'd have realized how your posting was going to read. And if you went ahead and posted those words anyway, then no copywriting skills in the world would have been able to disguise your bias.
You mean like this?
Quote:
The way you all people are behaving really proves that by eating pork, all the qualities of a pig have been transferred in you people.

Do what you have to, eat what you have to and live the pigs way.

Quran has presented a guideline that Muslims have to follow. Who care whether you people eat pork or not!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2010, 10:31 AM
 
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
3,334 posts, read 5,263,379 times
Reputation: 2056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Emmad View Post
The way you all people are behaving really proves that by eating pork, all the qualities of a pig have been transferred in you people.

Do what you have to, eat what you have to and live the pigs way.

Well, well, well. There ya go then; that didn't take long.

Well, if one was a true human being (as we Indians are fond of saying), this would be the only meat you'd need. They are delicious and good for you. Get with the program!

http://myanimalblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/bison.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2015, 08:30 AM
 
1 posts, read 507 times
Reputation: 10
Old saying: "You are what you eat". How true a saying that is, Allah knows best. I stopped eating pork/pork products long before I became muslim. It gave me a headache every time I ate some ! I haven't missed eating any of it--which has been years ! Alhamdulillah ! A pig, because it does not sweat, wallows in the mud--so it is filthy by nature--inside and outside. However, folks should see the unsanitary conditions and inhumane treatment pigs and piglets are subjected to on those farms which house them just before they are slaughtered !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2015, 08:44 PM
 
Location: Not-a-Theist
3,440 posts, read 1,586,785 times
Reputation: 461
Food consumption by humans comprised a wide range from the simple to complex and to the extreme.
Other than obvious poisons the consumption of extreme foods should not be a religious issue at all. Rather is should be an issue for nutritional and other relevant science.

The problem is with Islam where the Quran is supposed to be from God [a falsehood] and as such whatever is written is immutable, i.e. cannot be changed eternally. Any changes will threaten a person to HELL [another falsehood]. Therefore if a Muslim eat pork, they will "feel" [based on falsehoods] they will go to hell. This is zombie thinking.

Human thinking would entail proper testings and verifications of the food to be consumed. There is no evidence pork is poisonous nor dangerous like Fugu [pufferfish]. There are risks with eating pork. Thus there should be no injunctions or banning for any human to eat pork as long as they are aware of the low level risks involved.

Rigid Islam is the problem!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top