U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-22-2010, 12:36 PM
 
Location: Algeria
70 posts, read 101,147 times
Reputation: 45

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Do you know what Islam is ?tell me or I will

Another religion with a creation myth and a diety of some sort, in all probability mythological, that we are supposed to worship? I don't mean to offend, I just have trouble taking any "god" theory seriously. There are enough natural explanations without looking for "other-wise" natural ones.

I respect your point of view but I think that you ignore what Islam is and I think that you would better make search to know more and then if you don't mind we will discuss but now you are not ready enough because you don't know what it is.
Bless you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-22-2010, 12:51 PM
 
Location: Algeria
70 posts, read 101,147 times
Reputation: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
If, in fact, you respect everyone's point of view, then why can't you respect the point of view that resents proselytizing. Every week, there are at least half a dozen new threads here just like yours. And it starts to become obvious that the last thing in the world you're interested in is discussion. You want everyone else to adopt Islam.

So my question to you, assuming that you respect my point of view, is this: why can't you allow us to practice whatever religion (or absence of same, in some cases) we wish to practice? Is it really that unacceptable to you that not everyone on the planet Earth adheres to Islam?

It is because we love every one for Allah 's sake and we consider them brothers and sisters...isn't it normal to whish the best for those you love ??????
So do accept our love and respect and if anyone obliges you to convert to Islam tell me because we are all free and have right to do whatever we like
Sory if you misunderstood my intention
For a million time ' there is no compulsion in matters of religion".
Whether you want or not I love and will love you always
This is sacred love , love for Allah 's sake
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2010, 01:18 PM
 
Location: Littleton, CO
20,894 posts, read 13,647,235 times
Reputation: 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islam-light View Post
Thanks dear friend for your comment
Islam is indeed the religion of peace
Why do you think that it isn't?
Well... actually I didn't say it wasn't. I said that "Islam" does not mean "peace" as you tried to mislead us into believing. It means "submission," and I note you make no effort to contradict that fact, because you cannot.

But to your direct question, why do I think Islam is not "the religion of peace?" Primarily because its history is a violent one and always has been.

For one example, just look at the period of the Prophet himself. Muhammad spent the entirety of his Prophethood at war. In the less than 10 years between his arrival at Yathrib and his death, he or his companions were involved in no less than 27 battles... one every four months. Certainly during Muhammad's lifetime, Islam was not a religion of peace.

Then almost immediately upon his death, Muslim armies poured out Arabia and commenced the systematic destruction of every great empire they came in contact with... an almost uninterrupted episode of violent imperialism and conquest that lasted a millennium.

As Harvard historian Samuel Huntington puts it, Islam has "bloody borders."

This is why it cannot be considered a religion of peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islam-light
I would like to discuss the issue with you my sisters and brothers as wise people shall , that is we ve to respect every one's point of view...
Respecting a point of view is not always the same as agreeing with it. Certainly you understand that? Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islam-light
Islam teaches us that we are sisters and brothers and that we should love oneanother
Actually, no. Islam teaches that Muslims are brothers and sisters, that other "People of the Book" are distant cousins who are to be tolerated as long as they pay the humiliation tax, and that pagans are deserving only of death.

Al Qur'an 9:5

But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (trick in war for deceiving and outwitting the enemy); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them: for God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Islam-light
I love you
Al Qur'an 60:4:

We have renounced you; and enmity and hatred is begun between us and you for ever, until ye believe in Allah alone

Last edited by HistorianDude; 06-22-2010 at 01:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2010, 01:20 PM
 
Location: Littleton, CO
20,894 posts, read 13,647,235 times
Reputation: 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islam-light View Post
In Coran it is stated that " there is no compulsory in matters of religion"
What is the penalty under Shari'a for Apostasy from Islam?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2010, 01:44 PM
 
Location: The Milky Way Galaxy
2,256 posts, read 6,078,502 times
Reputation: 1511
Ok I just gotta ask...is it Coran, Koran, Quran...what the hell I've never seen so many different spellings of it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2010, 01:59 PM
 
Location: Algeria
70 posts, read 101,147 times
Reputation: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
What is the penalty under Shari'a for Apostasy from Islam?


Again peace to you
If there are some severe punishments in Islam it is for the purpose of protecting people and preventing them from commiting sins and hurting others.
If one kills deliberately , for example , he would be killed
and when people hear about such a punishment they wouldn't kill anyone
I think that it is better to kill one rather than allowing a criminal to survive and maybe kill many innocents.
And even when some one is found guilty in Islam and he deserves death our prophet said that we have to look for the smallest thing which can save him
For example in case of fornication it is required to have four people who witnessed the guilty ...why four ...because it is not common that people do it in public ...if He likes bloodshed he could have required only one or none at all...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2010, 02:00 PM
 
Location: Littleton, CO
20,894 posts, read 13,647,235 times
Reputation: 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islam-light View Post
Again peace to you
If there are some severe punishments in Islam it is for the purpose of protecting people and preventing them from commiting sins and hurting others.
<snip>
Please... just answer the question:

What is the penalty under Shari'a for Apostasy from Islam?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2010, 02:02 PM
 
Location: Algeria
70 posts, read 101,147 times
Reputation: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
Ok I just gotta ask...is it Coran, Koran, Quran...what the hell I've never seen so many different spellings of it
Peace to you
It doesn't matter how to spell it but what matters is that it is the words of Allah which have been preserved over time from any change however small
I challenge you to read it then come back and tell me...
Bless you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2010, 02:10 PM
 
Location: Algeria
70 posts, read 101,147 times
Reputation: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Please... just answer the question:

What is the penalty under Shari'a for Apostasy from Islam?

I was going to answer
It is death
Now please tell me what is its penalty in cristianity
and what can one who has commited apostasy be like...no authority to conduct his behaviour...he can kill , steal , and do all sorts of harm to people ...better to kill one then let him kill or hurt many
You forgot that before applying the penalty he would be given an opportunity to repent which means that he is given a choice to survive
and this is what Islam is about to build not to survive
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2010, 02:15 PM
 
Location: Littleton, CO
20,894 posts, read 13,647,235 times
Reputation: 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islam-light View Post
I was going to answer
It is death
Therefore, the Qur'an is not speaking the truth when it says that there is no compulsion in religion.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top