U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-28-2010, 09:25 PM
 
397 posts, read 534,424 times
Reputation: 54

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Perhaps. But since they are never mentioned once in either the Qur'an or the Hadith that hardly matters.
we are in a forum that took a verse from the quran relating to high frequency right? then you say it is not mentioned in the quran?... i dont know how your coming to that conclusion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
You are really not paying paying very close attention, and its not an excuse. It is a demonstration that there's nothing special about the Qur'an.

It does not matter whether or not the Greeks got it wrong or right. It matters only that if the Qur'an said something (right or wrong) that the Greeks said first, then Muhammad does not get credit for a miracle that somebody else was able to figure out without divine help.

Of course, it's even more strange when Muslims consider it miraculous when the Qur'an gets it wrong (such as Qur'anic embryology and cosmology).
the quran is a living miracle, so id say thats pretty special. theres so many things that are mentioned that the greeks never predicted that we just found out recently. so what if the greeks got it wrong. muhammad did not use the same concept for one, and two he said things the greeks never knew or mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Yep. And they knew it more than a thousand years before Islam even existed. The idea that all living things came from water was first proposed by Thales of Miletus in the 6th century BC.


Uhhh.... it doesn't take a microscope to see water. Thales didn't need one, and he knew all this. He died more than 1100 years before Muhammad was born.
first off, it wasnt 1100 years, its wasnt even 100 years. Thales was born 546 BC and died 624 BC, Muhammad was born 570 BC and died 632 BC. the idea that everything came from water and muhammads fact that everything is made up of water are two different things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-28-2010, 09:35 PM
 
Location: Somewhere out there
9,616 posts, read 11,368,316 times
Reputation: 3735
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I'll get technical...A human's range of hearing in (Hz)is between 64 and 23,000 ..A dogs is between 67 and 45,000..A cat beats a dog with 45 to 64,000.....But the winner for high frequency is a porpoise, 75 to 150,000, and for low frequency hearing the champ is a tie between the ferret and the elephant at 16 Hz ........So what does this prove again, besides the fact that animals hear in different ranges?

Frequency Hearing Ranges in Dogs and Other Species
Goddunnit? Gotta mean that, right?

Remember, sanspeur, this is a thread to prove that Allah made us what we are. Or something. Oh yeah; that ancient Islam knew all about most everything that modern science has taken this long (how long?) to figure out. It's ALL in the Qu'Ran, if you'll only look! We've just been silly and ignorant is all!

Allah was truly a miraculous guy! He knew about those UAV drones with their GPS guidance systems, and the Mars Rovers as well, many hundreds of years ago! That's all just a natural outgrowth of high frequency dog hearing technology I tell you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2010, 09:59 PM
 
Location: Rivendell
1,387 posts, read 2,165,542 times
Reputation: 1650
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
first off, it wasnt 1100 years, its wasnt even 100 years. Thales was born 546 BC and died 624 BC, Muhammad was born 570 BC and died 632 BC. the idea that everything came from water and muhammads fact that everything is made up of water are two different things.
Uh... Sukrill, you have your dates mixed up. Muhammad was born 570 AD.
You are off by a 1,000 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2010, 10:03 PM
 
40,039 posts, read 26,720,362 times
Reputation: 6047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzly Friddle View Post
Uh... Sukrill, you have your dates mixed up. Muhammad was born 570 AD.
You are off by a 1,000 years.
The boy has just been converted by listening to the lies of his mentors . . . what's a thousand years matter when you have found the truth in Islam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2010, 10:09 PM
 
Location: Somewhere out there
9,616 posts, read 11,368,316 times
Reputation: 3735
as Goober used to say on Mayberry RFD:

"Well soo-riz, soo-priz, Andy!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2010, 11:23 AM
 
397 posts, read 534,424 times
Reputation: 54
your right, i was wrong on the birthdates. however i have to disagree on their concepts of water. they were different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2010, 12:21 PM
 
Location: Littleton, CO
20,894 posts, read 13,647,235 times
Reputation: 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
we are in a forum that took a verse from the quran relating to high frequency right? then you say it is not mentioned in the quran?... i dont know how your coming to that conclusion...
No, we are not. The verse from the Qur'an has nothing to do with high frequency. In fact, it says nothing about frequency at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill
the quran is a living miracle, so id say thats pretty special. theres so many things that are mentioned that the greeks never predicted that we just found out recently. so what if the greeks got it wrong. muhammad did not use the same concept for one, and two he said things the greeks never knew or mentioned.
The Qur'an is neither living, nor a miracle. It is a small book, even if one inexplicably edited out of chronological order. There is within it not a single piece of true information that was not already known by ordinary pagans long before it was "revealed" or written. It contains many errors of fact.

There is not a single "scientific miracle" in the entire book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill
first off, it wasnt 1100 years, its wasnt even 100 years. Thales was born 546 BC and died 624 BC, Muhammad was born 570 BC and died 632 BC.
Wrong again Ranger.

Muhammad was born in 570 AD. That was 1106 years after Thales died in 546 BC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill
the idea that everything came from water and muhammads fact that everything is made up of water are two different things.
No. They are not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2010, 12:50 PM
 
5,733 posts, read 4,633,699 times
Reputation: 1860
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun. View Post
High frequency

The human can not hear the high frequency sound but it can be heard by other creatures such as animals

This is a scientific fact.

but when did the scientists knew about it ?

The prophet Muhammad peace and blessing be upon him referred to it more than 1400 years ago.

the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

When a person is placed in his grave and his companions leave him, and he can no longer hear the sound of their sandals (footsteps), two angels come to him and make him sit up, and they ask him, ‘What did you say about this man Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)?’ He says, ‘I bear witness that he is the slave of Allaah and His Messenger.’ It is said, ‘Look at your place in Hell which Allaah has replaced for you with a place in Paradise.’” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “And he sees them both. But as for the kaafir or hypocrite, he says, ‘I do not know, I used to say what the people said.’ It is said, ‘You did not know and you did not follow those who knew.’ Then he is struck a blow with an iron hammer between his ears and he screams a scream which everything around him can hear apart from the two races (of mankind and the jinn).”
Some dead guy gets hit with an iron hammer and screams so loud that only those around him can hear it except the other dead humans and the jinn and this is proof thatModerator cut: insulting name Muhammed was given info about frequencies only certain animals can hear - OH DEAR! Your holy book is in serious trouble if this is your hermeneutic and apologetic style. Are you guys really this desperate to show how glorious your book is and take credit for all the discoveries that the Christians, Jews, and the kaafir have made.

This passage also proves that the dead can hear people as they walk away from the grave.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 06-29-2010 at 01:25 PM.. Reason: corrected Ham Head to the proper name of Muhammed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2010, 02:48 PM
 
Location: NZ Wellington
2,782 posts, read 3,731,102 times
Reputation: 591
Isn't it weird, that I know more about the universe then someone who talk to the creator of the universe all his life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2010, 03:03 PM
 
Location: Littleton, CO
20,894 posts, read 13,647,235 times
Reputation: 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
Isn't it weird, that I know more about the universe then someone who talk to the creator of the universe all his life?
Totally weird!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top