U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-29-2010, 11:08 PM
 
Location: Metromess
11,798 posts, read 21,981,222 times
Reputation: 5074

Advertisements

sanspeur: Humans can actually hear down to 16-20 Hz. The low E string on a bass is about 40Hz. Hardly anyone can hear beyond 20 kHz. I could hear 19.5 kHz when I was 17, but at 63 I can only hear to about 14 kHz (the highs go away with age..I have an audio frequency generator and can test my hearing!).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-30-2010, 01:04 AM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,884 posts, read 31,769,092 times
Reputation: 12628
So are you saying these folks are way off?

Frequency Hearing Ranges in Dogs and Other Species

I think you are right... Frequency Range of Human Hearing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2010, 01:03 PM
 
Location: Not yet
251 posts, read 373,643 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
No, we are not. The verse from the Qur'an has nothing to do with high frequency. In fact, it says nothing about frequency at all.


The Qur'an is neither living, nor a miracle. It is a small book, even if one inexplicably edited out of chronological order. There is within it not a single piece of true information that was not already known by ordinary pagans long before it was "revealed" or written. It contains many errors of fact.


HistorianDude, and all here ......

*look , the Qur’an is the book without inconsistencies; one part of its text
(or doctrine) does not clash with the other. In fact, it sets the
absence of contradiction, irrationality, and incoherence, as one of
the criteria for checking the authenticity of any divine revelation.
It states "Do they not ponder the Qur’an (with care)? Had this book
been from anybody but Allah, you would have found much
inconsistencies.” (Surat An-Nisa:82).


There is not a single "scientific miracle" in the entire book.

*Do you mainly read the Koran? even you know is it entire scientific miracle or not I guess you did not read it or Understood right?

now pleas note about Dr. Maurice Bucaille is a surgeon by profession. He is also a renowned scholar...he said "after a deeper study of Islam and the Quran, he has authored another book titled, "THE ORIGIN OF MAN"

he was Asked : Q: What are your views about the Quran in this behalf?

Now this is a matter of entirely a different nature. All scholars of the Quran are unanimous that the Quran is the "Word of God" as revealed to His Last Prophet Mohammed (S.A.W.) through Gabriel (The Angel of Revelation). I have studied the Book (Quran) very carefully and have not come across one single instance of scientific fallacy any where in it. On the contrary, I have felt that the (higher) truths and realities inherent in Quranic Text have been, throughout the history of 1400 years, beyond the comprehension of ordinary human beings which in itself, is positive proof that the Quran is the Word of God and it is (at places) beyond intellectual potential of mortal man; be he an excellent scholar or philosopher of the highest caliber, who is not always able to explain the inherent realities of nature as revealed in the Quran. What obviously conflicts with scientific truth is the assumption of the Bible that although life erupted in the form of various species, which have endured, there has been no evolution or improvement in their functions. On the other hand according to the Quran, Man has transgressed through gigantic changes in the course of the entire history of humanity. I felt it very necessary to inform the Christians of the world of this very serious discrepancy in the Bible. As it happen to be impartial, truthful and very outspoken in my studies, I have been repeatedly called upon from time to time to express my views regarding these matters before distinguished gatherings. On all such occasions, I have always dealt with the subject from the scientific point of view, ignoring the ecclesiastic or theological context. Whatever has appeared to be dubious or fit for further investigation, I have tried to put it on the touchstone of criticism and have not allowed to pass it unchallenged.

why do you discussion Without to study the Koran as this man at least ?



Wrong again Ranger.

Muhammad was born in 570 AD. That was 1106 years after Thales died in 546 BC.


No. They are not.

but they are totaly YES you said no without proof!!!

The Koran mentions that all the creatures were created from the water a water from the biological standpoint is the basic element of living stuff Mankind is composed of cells So, When studying these cells we see that 60% - 80% of which consists of water


imanway
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2010, 01:34 PM
 
Location: Littleton, CO
20,894 posts, read 13,657,440 times
Reputation: 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by imanway View Post
*look , the Qur’an is the book without inconsistencies; one part of its text
(or doctrine) does not clash with the other. In fact, it sets the
absence of contradiction, irrationality, and incoherence, as one of
the criteria for checking the authenticity of any divine revelation.
It states "Do they not ponder the Qur’an (with care)? Had this book
been from anybody but Allah, you would have found much
inconsistencies.” (Surat An-Nisa:82).
There is no shortage of books of fiction (even books much larger and more complex than the Qur'an) that "do not have inconsistencies." But that is neither here nor there.

The basic problem with the Qur'an is not its inconsistencies (although there are several).The problem is that it is not true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imanway
*Do you mainly read the Koran? even you know is it entire scientific miracle or not I guess you did not read it or Understood right?
Not mainly. No.

But I have read it cover to cover three times (twice with commentaries), and refer to it often enough to feel I know it better than most non-Muslims. I also have read all of the hadith that I could get my hands on.

It does not contain a single scientific miracle anywhere within it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imanway
now pleas note about Dr. Maurice Bucaille is a surgeon by profession. He is also a renowned scholar.

Maurice Bucaille was a fraud and a hack. He was absolutely not a "renowned scholar." And he didn't even believe what he wrote enough to become a Muslim. He lived and died a Christian.

Almost nothing he wrote regarding the Qur'an and science is true. But it made him a lot of money through the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imanway
why do you discussion Without to study the Koran as this man at least ?
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imanway
The Koran mentions that all the creatures were created from the water a water from the biological standpoint is the basic element of living stuff Mankind is composed of cells So, When studying these cells we see that 60% - 80% of which consists of water
Along with 40-20% other stuff.

Everybody (especially desert people) knew that the human body was mostly water for more than a thousand years before the Qur'an was written.

Why did Muhammad need a miracle to figure out what ordinary pagans already figured out earlier without any help from Allah at all?

Last edited by HistorianDude; 06-30-2010 at 01:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2010, 02:27 PM
 
Location: NC, USA
7,088 posts, read 13,045,634 times
Reputation: 3984
High frequency

I have been diagnosed with a specific type of hearing loss that comes from repeated exposure to high frequency sounds such as those noises created by gunfire and explosion. True, there have been times when those around me are clutching their ears and yelling, at a sound I did not hear. Also, some high pitched childrens voices I do not hear, these are not always bad things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2010, 01:46 PM
 
Location: Metromess
11,798 posts, read 21,981,222 times
Reputation: 5074
At times, I wish I had lost more of my hearing when I was playing with loud bands. Curses!

sanspeur: I have no way of knowing whether the auditory frequency ranges given for other animals are correct or not, but they seem reasonable. But I do know that the 64 Hz given for the low limit for humans is wrong. That's about the C below the bass clef. I can hear pure sine waves down more than an octave below that, and so can most people. It's hard to measure the absolute low limit, because most speakers won't reproduce those very low frequencies cleanly, and overtones are usually present.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2010, 11:48 PM
 
Location: Somewhere out there
9,616 posts, read 11,373,844 times
Reputation: 3735
Default Boom boom bamm

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
sanspeur: Humans can actually hear down to 16-20 Hz. The low E string on a bass is about 40Hz. Hardly anyone can hear beyond 20 kHz. I could hear 19.5 kHz when I was 17, but at 63 I can only hear to about 14 kHz (the highs go away with age..I have an audio frequency generator and can test my hearing!).
Hey? Wassatyahsay, sonny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
At times, I wish I had lost more of my hearing when I was playing with loud bands. Curses!

sanspeur: I have no way of knowing whether the auditory frequency ranges given for other animals are correct or not, but they seem reasonable. But I do know that the 64 Hz given for the low limit for humans is wrong. That's about the C below the bass clef. I can hear pure sine waves down more than an octave below that, and so can most people. It's hard to measure the absolute low limit, because most speakers won't reproduce those very low frequencies cleanly, and overtones are usually present.
I spent some time developing some high end audio systems for a Japanese auto company. We used the anechoic sound lab at a leading US audio company, and it became obvious that even though the human ear might not specifically resonate to lower frequencies, several organs within the human body can and do.

We thus feel some of those bass frequencies, and they are part of the audio experience, most noticeable in live performances.. Notice how we can "feel" the hip-hop playing audio system in that Honda Civic a couple hundred yards away? (Heaven help those young ears...)

Meantime, Allah apparently was a fan of hip-hop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2010, 12:22 AM
 
Location: Metromess
11,798 posts, read 21,981,222 times
Reputation: 5074
OK, I'll bite. What is the connection between Allah and hip-hop?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2010, 02:53 PM
 
Location: Not yet
251 posts, read 373,643 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
There is no shortage of books of fiction (even books much larger and more complex than the Qur'an) that "do not have inconsistencies." But that is neither here nor there.

The basic problem with the Qur'an is not its inconsistencies (although there are several).The problem is that it is not true.

Is not true on any basis ?


Not mainly. No.

But I have read it cover to cover three times (twice with commentaries), and refer to it often enough to feel I know it better than most non-Muslims. I also have read all of the hadith that I could get my hands on.


that is good but do you know that three times do not Enough ?


It does not contain a single scientific miracle anywhere within it.


But scientists have discovered the miracles inside maybe you did not notice them




Maurice Bucaille was a fraud and a hack. He was absolutely not a "renowned scholar." And he didn't even believe what he wrote enough to become a Muslim. He lived and died a Christian.


I read that he have got muslim and was not died a Christian


Almost nothing he wrote regarding the Qur'an and science is true. But it made him a lot of money through the years.


Huh?

sorry, I meant :

why do you discuss Without study the Koran as this man at least ?



Along with 40-20% other stuff.

Everybody (especially desert people) knew that the human body was mostly water for more than a thousand years before the Qur'an was written.

According to the guess Which may be true or false But in the Koran to be sure

Why did Muhammad need a miracle to figure out what ordinary pagans already figured out earlier without any help from Allah at all?
mainly, pagans do not have miracles but Assumptions and estimates and all these Assumptions and estimates were by help from Allah but for they are pagans do not know that

Read the miracles of Muhammad peace be upon him so you know were pagans So?

http://www.discoveringislam.org/mohammad_miracles.htm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top