U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 10:27 PM

6 posts, read 9,298 times

Advertisements

High frequency

The human can not hear the high frequency sound but it can be heard by other creatures such as animals

This is a scientific fact.

but when did the scientists knew about it ?

The prophet Muhammad peace and blessing be upon him referred to it more than 1400 years ago.

the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“When a person is placed in his grave and his companions leave him, and he can no longer hear the sound of their sandals (footsteps), two angels come to him and make him sit up, and they ask him, ‘What did you say about this man Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)?’ He says, ‘I bear witness that he is the slave of Allaah and His Messenger.’ It is said, ‘Look at your place in Hell which Allaah has replaced for you with a place in Paradise.’” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “And he sees them both. But as for the kaafir or hypocrite, he says, ‘I do not know, I used to say what the people said.’ It is said, ‘You did not know and you did not follow those who knew.’ Then he is struck a blow with an iron hammer between his ears and he screams a scream which everything around him can hear apart from the two races (of mankind and the jinn).”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 11:20 AM

16,300 posts, read 24,993,806 times
Nothing to do with any deities, evolution and need. Bats hear very high pitch so that their 'sonar' works allowing them to eat.

Elephants hear very very low frequency as we have just learned they communicate at frequencies below our hearing range.

Foxes hear mice under feet of snow, whales communicate over vast distances, etc. etc. all based on evolution, and need for a species to survive.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:53 AM

397 posts, read 535,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun. View Post
High frequency

The human can not hear the high frequency sound but it can be heard by other creatures such as animals

The prophet Muhammad peace and blessing be upon him referred to it more than 1400 years ago.

“When a person is placed in his grave and his companions leave him, and he can no longer hear the sound of their sandals (footsteps), two angels come to him and make him sit up, and they ask him, ‘What did you say about this man Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)?’ He says, ‘I bear witness that he is the slave of Allaah and His Messenger.’ It is said, ‘Look at your place in Hell which Allaah has replaced for you with a place in Paradise.’” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “And he sees them both. But as for the kaafir or hypocrite, he says, ‘I do not know, I used to say what the people said.’ It is said, ‘You did not know and you did not follow those who knew.’ Then he is struck a blow with an iron hammer between his ears and he screams a scream which everything around him can hear apart from the two races (of mankind and the jinn).”
humdallah, explaining that there is a frequency that we cannot hear. subhan allah im sure people back in the prophets days did not know what he meant, a sound that you cant hear would be... unheard of haha, but subhan allah people did not know about any of these frequencies or high pitched sounds unable to b detected by us. just one if the many miracles of the quran. good job brother.

Old 06-26-2010, 12:32 PM

7,814 posts, read 10,715,321 times
Good afternoon folks!

This is just a reminder that this is the main Religion and Philosophy forum. As such, any and all religious persuasions are welcome to post.

What is NOT "welcomed" are rude, sarcastic, and outright attacking posts against any particular religion. For those who either had deletions, or those who might be thinking that mocking posts are tolerated, please be advised: any further posts of that nature and infractions will follow.

It's the weekend folks. Be nice!

~June

Old 06-26-2010, 11:22 PM

39,267 posts, read 10,931,096 times
June 7. I would have preferred to make this point in a private message but you are accessible only to friends.

You know I don't take issue with having posts deleted and I do try not to to go from hard - hitting posts to rudenes.

And I only say this because it's been nagging at me, you know?

'Orphaned' as I understand it related to posts that refer to other threads deleted or closed. That wasn't the case with my post.

Now, as to your explanation, no -one says that Muslims or anyone else are not entitled to post here. However, when they post ludicrous stuff I think we are entitled to point out how ludicrous it is. That's what one has to expect.

There's an issue of respect here, but what do you think about someone who rolls up telling us infidels that we are going to have our heads smashed in by angels because he don't share his beliefs? Where's the respect there?

I know you do your best as moderator and I don't want to give you a hard time, but I think you are in the wong here, in deleting my post, not me.

What you think?

P.s I've just been told that I could have private messaged you nevertheless. Sorry about that.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 06-27-2010 at 12:03 AM.. Reason: P.s ...there's always...

Old 06-27-2010, 01:53 AM

2,782 posts, read 3,736,568 times
Quote:
High frequency

I'll try again, without being rude (I'm not sure the definition june uses for this)
People have always assume there was something more then we can see. This can be shown, in almost EVERY culture.

Muhammad stole his ideas from greek teachings, and later claimed it to be divinely revealed. We know this, because he got everything the greeks got wrong, at my university, people who do this, are called cheaters.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:05 AM

2,782 posts, read 3,736,568 times
Quote:
The video I posted, for this part of the post, is, well I thought, very appropriate for such a threat. This deserves to be mocked, and ridiculed for such a obvious bronze age claim.

Old 06-27-2010, 03:49 AM

13,856 posts, read 23,001,491 times
There is an American Indian legend, I forget which tribal nation, that states a woman entered "the land of the dead" to find her dead lover. She was only there for a short time, but when she returned years had passed for her people.

This is not evidence that the tribe new the theory of relativity even if entering "a ship that accelerates to near light speed" would cause you to enter a "realm" where time moves at a different speed. "Then he is struck a blow with an iron hammer between his ears and he screams a scream which everything around him can hear apart from the two races (of mankind and the jinn)" could refer to many things not just that animals hear sound at different frequencies. Besides which I think there are animals that have a similar hearing range to us.

I'm not saying this to disparage Islam. I'm just saying I'm not a Muslim and I'm not convinced of evidence Muhammad had super-advanced science. I mean if God was telling him about ultra-sound than why isn't he telling him about the echolocation of bats or whatever?

Old 06-28-2010, 04:09 AM

9,616 posts, read 11,387,178 times
Default Incorrect!

Actually, I have extraordinary hi-f hearing, well tested and documented, and used to even hear small rodents sneaking up on me. I guess you have to be careful about making obtuse generalist claims, huh?

Any claims to vast Islamic scientific knowledge are now officially dated. They had an edge only in their particular cultural "neighborhood", and that was mostly copied from the more open-minded, advanced and civil cultures that preceded them elsewhere. Greece, Rome, Israel.

But that all ended when the West surpassed them in any and all areas of scientific education starting in the late 1800s. It's interesting that all students of science and modern scientific scholars from Islamic countries first attend Western European, British or North American universities, eh?

We simply do not hear of, for example, Iranian or Syrian or Iraqi scholars discovering new forms of nuclear power, (they buy it from the Chinese and Russians with profits from selling oil to the West, a paradigm soon to end. Then what?), or the latest new pharma discovery.

Why? Because under Islam science & knowledge (gained by independent thought and open inquiry) is routinely and violently suppressed.

Old 06-28-2010, 04:40 AM

13,856 posts, read 23,001,491 times
I think a part of it is that the Muslim nations that are mostly free (Senegal, Mali, Albania) tend to be relatively poor or small. Still I think Malaysians and Indonesians might be doing things of scientific interest and they are both majority Muslim nations. Granted much of their science might be from the non-Muslim Chinese minority, but I don't know how much. I think I read once Malaysian kids do almost as well as US kids in science, which isn't great but isn't terrible.

Also there's the Central Asian former Communist lands. Nationmaster indicates Kyrgyzstan has more patents per-capita than the US and that some other Central Asians do some too.

Abdus Salam... Okay he was Ahmadi and they're deemed heretics. Still if you can count members of heretical and half-pagan communities than Muslims are doing interesting stuff. Heretical and half-pagan Muslims have or had lots of good or interesting people. Aga Khan, Yusef Lateef, Ali Farke Toure, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam