U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-30-2010, 09:54 PM
 
Location: NZ Wellington
2,782 posts, read 3,733,198 times
Reputation: 591

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
yes this coming from the same guy that asked why god didnt tell muhammad about the internet... like i said before what was revealed to us is only what we needed to know. we didnt need to know about the internet, or why certain things work the way they do... its not necessary information to live a peaceful life...
God only told muhammad what we needed to know.. and god only knows what we need to know.

Therefore I feel that the aforementioned guiding principle must be modified to read: If you desire peace, cultivate justice, but at the same time cultivate the fields to produce more bread; otherwise there will be no peace. - Norman Borlaug
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-01-2010, 01:24 AM
 
Location: Somewhere out there
9,616 posts, read 11,374,932 times
Reputation: 3735
Default And to all a good night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
yes this coming from the same guy that asked why god didnt tell muhammad about the internet... like i said before what was revealed to us is only what we needed to know. we didnt need to know about the internet, or why certain things work the way they do... its not necessary information to live a peaceful life...
Ahh yes: Selective Beliefs of Convenience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill
rifleboy not only twist words around but is also extremely insulting.
BTW, I insult only when insulted. You happily tear away at what happens to be my chosen profession (science and it's open pursuit of knowledge), and you also insult my personal philosophies (atheism and naturalism). You will not engage in answering simple straightforward questions because to do so would either demonstrate your incredible lack of knowledge about the subject, or it would demonstrate that you do know the truth but can't admit it.

This eventually becomes quite annoying!

So instead... well, I've simply reacted, but I also know more about the subjects you choose to disparage. Obviously, because you make stuff up that is total nonsense. I've seen what you do. Hardly defensible.

Nighty night!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2010, 02:12 AM
 
Location: Toronto, ON
2,333 posts, read 2,508,683 times
Reputation: 258
But Mohammed has contained the only certain scientific theory for what one could call evolution without violence by the necessity of change to the pressures of human nature doing it's thing in harmony with Culture.

Does nature change with culture? Yes, if only we let the violence be discoverable ... Khhh, kkkhh, kuo!!! on the Mac at work upon the weight (wait(?)) increasing tendency.

Oh well; Happy Holidays to everybody.

Evolution may be suddenly as a concept of change for mental condition of humanity... be revolution.

A..haaah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2010, 11:27 AM
 
Location: Littleton, CO
20,894 posts, read 13,659,413 times
Reputation: 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
we are talking about the verse that says how everything is made up of water... meaning clay, mud, blood, etc. it makes sense no matter how much you say it doesnt.
But clay, blood, mud, etc., are not made of water. They contain water in lesser or greater amounts, but that (as revelations go) has got to be one of the biggest "duh" moments in all of human history. Little children know that. Idiots and cretins known that.

And dust? Well that contains no water at all.

So again... why do you insist that it takes a miracle for Muslims to discover something that everybody else (including pagans and atheists) already knew for over a thousand years?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2010, 12:19 PM
 
397 posts, read 534,743 times
Reputation: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
But clay, blood, mud, etc., are not made of water. They contain water in lesser or greater amounts, but that (as revelations go) has got to be one of the biggest "duh" moments in all of human history. Little children know that. Idiots and cretins known that.

And dust? Well that contains no water at all.

So again... why do you insist that it takes a miracle for Muslims to discover something that everybody else (including pagans and atheists) already knew for over a thousand years?
surely dust, clay, mud, however you want to translate it. one word in arabic can mean 3 or 4 words in english so it just depends on whos translating it. if you replaced the word dust with mud or clay it would make sense. sometimes they just choose to use different words. this is why the original quran text hasnt changed since it was written. in order to get deep into the literal meaning of the quran, if youd like to go that deep, youd need to know how to read arabic. but people may have had an idea of some things but not all of them. muhammad (pbuh) got em all right. not like the greeks or egyptians getting some right and some wrong... maybe im not using the right words to describe what im trying to say. im also not sure if your truly intrested in wanting to know about islam or if your just like rifleman and gplex that will complete ignore anything i say and come up with one thing after another, meaning im not sure if your just trying to disprove the quran or truly trying to understand it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2010, 08:27 PM
 
Location: NZ Wellington
2,782 posts, read 3,733,198 times
Reputation: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
surely dust, clay, mud, however you want to translate it. one word in arabic can mean 3 or 4 words in english so it just depends on whos translating it. if you replaced the word dust with mud or clay it would make sense. sometimes they just choose to use different words. this is why the original quran text hasnt changed since it was written. in order to get deep into the literal meaning of the quran, if youd like to go that deep, youd need to know how to read arabic. but people may have had an idea of some things but not all of them. muhammad (pbuh) got em all right. not like the greeks or egyptians getting some right and some wrong... maybe im not using the right words to describe what im trying to say. im also not sure if your truly intrested in wanting to know about islam or if your just like rifleman and gplex that will complete ignore anything i say and come up with one thing after another, meaning im not sure if your just trying to disprove the quran or truly trying to understand it...
You fail to realize that I probably won't learn more about the Arabic language then the scholars who translated the quran.

Google search - errors in the quran

No sukrill I'm not ignoring what you are saying
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2010, 06:21 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn
40,056 posts, read 30,536,331 times
Reputation: 10490
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
surely dust, clay, mud, however you want to translate it. one word in arabic can mean 3 or 4 words in english so it just depends on whos translating it.
I guess you haven't considered the possibility that your translations might be the incorrect ones. Since it depends on who's doing the translating, of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2010, 01:38 PM
 
Location: Not yet
251 posts, read 373,687 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
surely dust, clay, mud, however you want to translate it. one word in arabic can mean 3 or 4 words in english so it just depends on whos translating it. if you replaced the word dust with mud or clay it would make sense. sometimes they just choose to use different words. this is why the original quran text hasnt changed since it was written. in order to get deep into the literal meaning of the quran, if youd like to go that deep, youd need to know how to read arabic. but people may have had an idea of some things but not all of them. muhammad (pbuh) got em all right. not like the greeks or egyptians getting some right and some wrong... maybe im not using the right words to describe what im trying to say. im also not sure if your truly intrested in wanting to know about islam or if your just like rifleman and gplex that will complete ignore anything i say and come up with one thing after another, meaning im not sure if your just trying to disprove the quran or truly trying to understand it...


my brother sukrill, peace be upon you. and every atheist here ..

look, I read all the discussions I'm here from 2008 I've been in court of atheists more than others in more than a forum ..

We are discuss the details of Islam with the atheists While the atheist does not recognize the existence of God So, How does he/she Believe the Koran or the prophethood of Mohammed peace be upon him!!! (I say that not for I insult to atheists at all but I Explain to stand them Only) as I knew them

as you know ,adoption of an agnostic to the idea of Rejection Makes the debate is very complicated Not because we have no evidence to prove what we say but because he/she has been able to reject idea than we are discussing now ...

We have the freedom to put forward ideas and teachings of our religion (islam) and they (atheists) have the freedom In the conviction or not


I hope that every atheist looking for the truth without bias To know that the goods when accepted by more than one billion people and rejected by others not necessarily be the problem in the goods itself, but may be in the perception of the same person..


Let's put an example :

What's this ?

http://www.monsterguide.net/how-to-build-a-wooden-boat.jpg (broken link)



it is a boat right ?

Is the boat-making by human beings or not?

If I said No. it is making the same by itself

All human beings will be rejected this idea and say you are crazy

Ok , When I say that the universe was made by the Creator would be crazy also ..!!


This shows that the idea of Existence something from nothing is not reasonable or acceptable



thanks all


imanway
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2010, 05:46 PM
 
Location: NZ Wellington
2,782 posts, read 3,733,198 times
Reputation: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by imanway View Post
my brother sukrill, peace be upon you. and every atheist here ..

look, I read all the discussions I'm here from 2008 I've been in court of atheists more than others in more than a forum ..

We are discuss the details of Islam with the atheists While the atheist does not recognize the existence of God So, How does he/she Believe the Koran or the prophethood of Mohammed peace be upon him!!! (I say that not for I insult to atheists at all but I Explain to stand them Only) as I knew them

as you know ,adoption of an agnostic to the idea of Rejection Makes the debate is very complicated Not because we have no evidence to prove what we say but because he/she has been able to reject idea than we are discussing now ...

We have the freedom to put forward ideas and teachings of our religion (islam) and they (atheists) have the freedom In the conviction or not


I hope that every atheist looking for the truth without bias To know that the goods when accepted by more than one billion people and rejected by others not necessarily be the problem in the goods itself, but may be in the perception of the same person..


Let's put an example :

What's this ?





it is a boat right ?

Is the boat-making by human beings or not?

If I said No. it is making the same by itself

All human beings will be rejected this idea and say you are crazy

Ok , When I say that the universe was made by the Creator would be crazy also ..!!


This shows that the idea of Existence something from nothing is not reasonable or acceptable



thanks all


imanway
You have no empirical evidence for your claims.

If you want to claim that everything that appears design, requires a designer then you must admit that god must need someone to design him.

If, as some claim, God does not need a cause, then by the same reasoning, neither does the universe.

But this is all off topic, and doesn't address the error in the quran.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2010, 08:06 PM
 
Location: Long Beach
2,348 posts, read 2,426,494 times
Reputation: 909
What and the book of Genesis is correct?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top