U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 10:59 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,969,943 times

Advertisements

Isn't it striking, imamway, that your entire huge posting contains no thoughts of your own, but rather only quotes from the Qu'ran and Islamic religious authorities, and that such content is considered authoritative only by other Muslims?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2010, 07:05 PM

397 posts, read 534,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Isn't it striking, imamway, that your entire huge posting contains no thoughts of your own, but rather only quotes from the Qu'ran and Islamic religious authorities, and that such content is considered authoritative only by other Muslims?
i dont understand. people ask why muslims do this or that, or wheres the proof in the religion or where deos your religion say this or that and we reveal to them verses, then they say we do not think for ourselves and then when we give our opinion they choose to say that is not proof and it is just our own thoughts and opinions. basically meaning that nothing will change the minds of the disbelievers and that, subhan allah, even if you show them the ayat they will continue to walk in disbelief... humdallah.

Old 07-05-2010, 11:28 PM

2,782 posts, read 3,730,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
basically meaning that nothing will change the minds of the disbelievers and that, subhan allah, even if you show them the ayat they will continue to walk in disbelief... humdallah.
If you had empirical evidence, I'm sure you would have more then a billion converts from atheist and Christians..

Old 07-06-2010, 10:37 AM

251 posts, read 373,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post

first , I am imanway NOT imamway

Word : iman is arabic, it means "Faith"

You say that I quote from the Koran NOT of mine Own now, I give you proofs Not just words but Evidence including scientific discoveries compatible with the Koran ..

When I put my reflections about the Koran as a Muslim without a doubt I will not finish because in each Verse long pause with life and the universe

many scientific facts that are expressed in an extremely concise and profound manner in the verses of the Qur’an have only been discovered by scientists with the aid of the technological advancement of the 20th and 21st centuries

this book you are holding also contains examples of reports regarding the past and the future

Say no miracles in the Quran I say you , you are free in your concept

Fourteen centuries ago, Allah sent down the Qur'an ..

when I read Quran I find to the perfection of the literary language of the Qur’an, the incomparable features of its style and the superior wisdom contained within it are some of the definitive proofs that it represents the word of our Lord

the universe revealed in the verses of the Qur'an is that the sky is made up of seven layers:

allah said "It is He Who created everything on the Earth for you and then directed His attention up to heaven and arranged it into seven regular heavens. He has knowledge of all things. (Qur'an, 2:29)

So ,According to the modern geological definitions the seven layers of atmosphere are as follows:

1. Troposphere

2. Stratosphere

3. Mesosphere

4. Thermosphere

5. Exosphere

6. Ionosphere

7. Magnetosphere

what about the earth?:

The earth is composed of seven layers also

allah said "It is Allah Who created the seven heavens and of the Earth the same number, the command descending down through all of them, so that you might know that Allah has power over all things and that Allah encompasses all things in His knowledge. (Qur'an, 65:12)

So,a verse is confirmed in scientific sources, wherein it is explained that the Earth consists of seven strata. These, as scientists have identified, are:

*1st layer: Lithosphere (water)

*2nd layer: Lithosphere (land)

*3rd layer: Asthenosphere

*4th layer: Upper Mantle

*5th layer: Inner Mantle

*6th layer: Outer Core

*7th layer: Inner Core

There are lots and lots of miracles that have been discovered by modern scientific means

thanks

Old 07-06-2010, 05:57 PM

2,782 posts, read 3,730,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imanway View Post
allah said "It is He Who created everything on the Earth for you and then directed His attention up to heaven and arranged it into seven regular heavens. He has knowledge of all things. (Qur'an, 2:29)
So ,According to the modern geological definitions the seven layers of atmosphere are as follows:
1. Troposphere
2. Stratosphere
3. Mesosphere
4. Thermosphere
5. Exosphere
6. Ionosphere
7. Magnetosphere
The 7 heavens is referring to the old christian crystal sphere belief. 7 heavens which related to the 7 "planets" which were observable to the naked eye. The Sun and Moon, where referred to as planets due to lack of astronomical understanding they also included Mercury, Venus, Mars, Saturn and Jupiter. According to this belief each planet occupied its own layer of "heaven" in the sky, each occupying an orbit further and further away from Earth, as Earth was the considered center of the Universe.

The ionosphere isn't a seperate layer from the exosphere and the thermosphere. There are 5 main layers to the earths atmosphere. Within the five main layers determined by temperature are several layers determined by other properties, such as the ozone layer, heterosphere, tropopause, stratosphere, mesopause, homosphere and the thermopause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imanway View Post
The earth is composed of seven layers also
allah said "It is Allah Who created the seven heavens and of the Earth the same number, the command descending down through all of them, so that you might know that Allah has power over all things and that Allah encompasses all things in His knowledge. (Qur'an, 65:12)
So,a verse is confirmed in scientific sources, wherein it is explained that the Earth consists of seven strata. These, as scientists have identified, are:
*1st layer: Lithosphere (water)
*2nd layer: Lithosphere (land)
*3rd layer: Asthenosphere
*4th layer: Upper Mantle
*5th layer: Inner Mantle
*6th layer: Outer Core
*7th layer: Inner Core
I don't think I have to go and find out the layers between the layers names do I? The fact that the "land" layer is made up of many different layers should be enough for you to realize your error.

If you could say it was yours, and not a copy paste argument (yes I've heard this argument before)

Last edited by Gplex; 07-06-2010 at 06:32 PM..

Old 07-07-2010, 02:27 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,969,943 times
Not to mention that the land does not float upon the water, as might be inferred from the description of land being the 'second layer'. I think this whole concept of religious writings transcendentally anticipating scientific discovery is completely bogus.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:21 AM

20,894 posts, read 13,645,039 times
Just a quick note. I'll come back and respond to imanway's post, probably tomorrow.

I learned a lesson this week though. While I am the original author of the article that opened this thread, I received a copyright infraction because I had first written it years ago and it had been copied and pasted over the web by others previously. The Mods did not care that I owned the copyright (reasonable actually, since they cannot really tell I am the same person who published it originally). It was an infraction and I was banned for five days.

Heads up to those of us who have been around for a while and posted elsewhere on the web.

Old 05-25-2014, 12:36 AM

4,618 posts, read 2,637,487 times
Your source is controversial. I have heard that Wikiislam's founder is from Faithfreedom.org, a site for murtadins (someone who leave Islam) that likes to post Islam's "fault"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or