U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2010, 03:08 PM

397 posts, read 534,486 times

Advertisements

Moderator cut: flame start On this thread, i simply would like to know one thing of the brothers and sisters of islam on this forum.....

What brought you into Islam? if you could please shed some light on the rest of us and enlighten some of the other brothers and sisters of Islam as to how we all came to the same point in our lives, that being the way of Islam.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 07-12-2010 at 03:41 PM..

Old 07-11-2010, 12:38 PM

251 posts, read 373,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
Moderator cut: edited on this thread, i simply would like to know one thing of the brothers and sisters of islam on this forum.....

What brought you into Islam? if you could please shed some light on the rest of us and enlighten some of the other brothers and sisters of Islam as to how we all came to the same point in our lives, that being the way of Islam.

peace be upon you my brother sukrill,

We Muslims have the right to participate in this section as Christian a Jewish ...a atheist, why not!

Muslims here do not exceed 5 or 6 people, I guess

Moderator cut: off topic

*What brought you into Islam?

I am from a Muslim family and grew up in Islam

If you were born to the family of non-Muslim To search about Islam and embraced..

what about you? *What brought you into Islam?

thanks

Last edited by Miss Blue; 07-12-2010 at 03:13 PM..

Old 07-12-2010, 03:18 PM

13,570 posts, read 21,713,951 times
The op's question is: "What brought you to Islam?" anything else is off topic..
Dayton, Akron-Canton in Ohio

Old 07-12-2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imanway View Post
peace be upon you my brother sukrill,

We Muslims have the right to participate in this section as Christian a Jewish ...a atheist, why not!

Muslims here do not exceed 5 or 6 people, I guess

Moderator cut: off topic

*What brought you into Islam?

I am from a Muslim family and grew up in Islam

If you were born to the family of non-Muslim To search about Islam and embraced..

what about you? *What brought you into Islam?

thanks
Asalamakum brother imamway!

well i lost my job at a call center. my girlfriend had gotten me a job with her uncle doing renovating. he and his friend of 10+ years were both muslim. i was a christian at the time and didnt think much of islam. but when two people have different beliefs, questions start getting asked, why do you do this do that, so i questioned them all the time and every answer got made sense. it really opened my eyes though then i was told muhammad is mentioned in the bible. i couldnt believe it. another religous person inside my bible? so i started researching islam. understanding more and more, more and more of it making sense.

it took a couple of years because i didnt want to just "jump" into a religion that i knew nothing about, because obviously i was uneducated in chistianity. so i did much research, so much that i had to stop researching it because it just made so much sense to me and i knew it was right but i didnt want to change. i still wanted to drink, go to the clubs, etc. etc. and i knew this way of life was the way of allaah. and i was just being ignorant, i didnt want to accept it but i had to because i couldnt deny the truth. so humdallah. i took shihada a few months ago, and even though im new to this religion i know more than alot of "newbies" or at least that what im told.

anyways thats my story for the most part.

Old 07-15-2010, 03:50 AM

39,034 posts, read 10,825,389 times
Of course Muslims are entitled to post here and, so long as it is something other than just posting chunks of Quranic text as 'evidence' that it is true, it's welcome, in my view.

I imagine this topic is addressed to converts to Islam. There's no point in asking those raised in the faith how they came to it.

At one time I did a bit of research on conversion and deconversion and I found

(1) masses of deconversion stories (religion to atheism)

(2) a lot of Christian 'I used to be an atheist - like you' websites

(3) people who converted to Islam from christianity. Notably protestant Christianity.

Their explanation was that it was too weak. It left too much to them. They were looking for something with a stronger organisation, a more evident set of rules and more obvious rewards and punishments.

(4) people who converted from protestantism to catholicism. Again, the same reasons. They wanted something that was more obviously organised and laid down stronger rules.

Those who deconverted from catholicism or Islam did not convert to a less strict religion, but simply went atheist.

That's what I got from reading the conversion/deconversion stories, anyway.

However, we'd certainly like to hear about converts to Islam and their reasons.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Asalamakum brother imamway!

well i lost my job at a call center. my girlfriend had gotten me a job with her uncle doing renovating. he and his friend of 10+ years were both muslim. i was a christian at the time and didnt think much of islam. but when two people have different beliefs, questions start getting asked, why do you do this do that, so i questioned them all the time and every answer got made sense. it really opened my eyes though then i was told muhammad is mentioned in the bible. i couldnt believe it. another religous person inside my bible? so i started researching islam. understanding more and more, more and more of it making sense.

it took a couple of years because i didnt want to just "jump" into a religion that i knew nothing about, because obviously i was uneducated in chistianity. so i did much research, so much that i had to stop researching it because it just made so much sense to me and i knew it was right but i didnt want to change. i still wanted to drink, go to the clubs, etc. etc. and i knew this way of life was the way of allaah. and i was just being ignorant, i didnt want to accept it but i had to because i couldnt deny the truth. so humdallah. i took shihada a few months ago, and even though im new to this religion i know more than alot of "newbies" or at least that what im told.

anyways thats my story for the most part.

and peace be upom you (oalikuslam) my brother sukrill

I really learned many lessons from your story ...

It is a courageous decision to move from one life to the life of another

mashallah, you are great

What about your family Do they converted to Islam with you or what ? If this is a specific question you are free not to answer

may allah light your way

thanks

Old 07-20-2010, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imanway View Post
and peace be upom you (oalikuslam) my brother sukrill

I really learned many lessons from your story ...

It is a courageous decision to move from one life to the life of another

mashallah, you are great

What about your family Do they converted to Islam with you or what ? If this is a specific question you are free not to answer

may allah light your way

thanks
as far as my family, they are either catholic or christian. they really dont practice it much. just good people and go to church. but insha allah i would hope that allah guides them and brings them to islam, i mean, why wouldnt i want to be in paradise with my family and friends.

i do talk to them though. they ask questions sometimes but i intend to gain enough knowledge to answer those questions and people on this forum that say something is wrong with islam, i just research it, if i havent yet, and then i gain knowledge on that particular subject, that way if my family finds the same problems with islam allah has already instilled that knowledge in me. so that is mainly what brought me to the CD forum, to see why people have problems with islam, the prophet (PBUH) and with allah (SWT).

so if theres something i dont know about, i just research it. and humdallah, allah will guide me.

Salam alaikum brother imamway

Old 07-21-2010, 06:46 AM

26 posts, read 47,170 times
Peace be upon you:

I am Muslim too and I want help you
I Understand from you embraced Islam but your Information about Islam few , and you want from
your family embraced Islam but they don't want that .... this true or not If this true May be I can Help
you and sent for you many things ....

Thank you >>

This Quran Translation For many Language I wish you can Read :
click here :
http://www.islamway.com/SF/quran/

Last edited by in world !!; 07-21-2010 at 06:59 AM..

Old 07-26-2010, 05:17 PM

Quote:
as far as my family, they are either catholic or christian. they really dont practice it much. just good people and go to church. but insha allah i would hope that allah guides them and brings them to islam, i mean, why wouldnt i want to be in paradise with my family and friends.

i do talk to them though. they ask questions sometimes but i intend to gain enough knowledge to answer those questions and people on this forum that say something is wrong with islam, i just research it, if i havent yet, and then i gain knowledge on that particular subject, that way if my family finds the same problems with islam allah has already instilled that knowledge in me. so that is mainly what brought me to the CD forum, to see why people have problems with islam, the prophet (PBUH) and with allah (SWT).

so if theres something i dont know about, i just research it. and humdallah, allah will guide me.

Salam alaikum brother imamway

Praise be to Allaah my brother..

I hope that allah guides them to islam too

and Ramadan Kareem

Old 08-18-2010, 06:09 PM

7,811 posts, read 10,701,439 times
Thread closed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam