U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 10:33 AM

251 posts, read 374,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
The Spirit of the Father of all, Christ IN YOU, is what will set man free, not teachings and indoctrination. Christianity has become an oppressor of people all over the world, starting with America itself. The Gospel message is Christ arising in you, destroying the flesh and its passions, in order to live righteously and peacefully towards all people.
Part of the flesh/devil in man which must be destroyed is the murdering of other people. This hate and division is not of the Father, but fallen Adam, who must be subdued by Christ arising in us all.

Blessings,
brian

Ok, I guess islam has become an oppressor of people all over the world, starting with America to here

may allah save you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
You are correct, Jamilah, war never does solve anything -- but death, destruction of property, relationships, and futures. You'd think we'd have learned that by now, but we seem more entrenched that ever.

I don't normally read popular media, since it stopped being about unbias reporting of events, and started being about agendas of people in shady places. I scanned your article, and saw it had nothing new for me.

Anyone who has paid attention in the last few decades, or read their histories, would know that terrorism comes in all "flavors."

First, you need to understand how the US defines the term, legally:
"... means premeditated, politically motivated violence perpetrated against noncombatant targets by subnational groups or clandestine agents;..."

From U.S. Code Title 22, Ch.38, Para. 2656f(d)
Full page can be viewed here:
U.S. Law Definition of Terrorism

Personally, I didn't start following our political actions until the Vietnam War, but I'm pretty certain that wasn't the last time -- nor the first, that we committed our own acts of terror.

Let's face it, the war on terrorism was never about Christians and Islamics, just as the Crusades were not. It's about exerting power to obtain more power or wealth -- and BILLIONS of powerless people have died in the process.

While the US wasn't the first country to commit violence against civilians, we were the first to declare war on a practice, rather than on an enemy nation. President Reagan declared his War on Drugs, in order to commit terrorism in South America. And, no -- it wasn't about drugs -- never has been, in fact it was about creating political unrest in order to topple undesirable governments that were barring US companies from South American resources.

Still, it was our dearly departed President Bush that used his wiles to declare the War on Terrorism, in order to stomp across nations -- much like Hitler stomped his way through Europe. Now President Obama is stuck supporting a house of cards, and anything he does will be wrong.

And throughout, we gullible Americans get a flag waved in our faces, hear the call to arms, listen to someone say our freedoms are threatened, and throw our beloved kids out to the battlegrounds, because we don't want to appear unpatriotic. We drive around in cars with decals that say "Support Our Troops," and call that the American Way.

So, I commend your bravery to attempt to breach the gap between those that support the war, and those that do not. Anyone who takes the time to learn about Islamic beliefs and culture knows that they've made many contributions to World culture. Like Christians, Islamics also suffer from the wave of Fundamentalists that use dogma instead of their basic beliefs of love, self-control, and service.

Let's hope we come out on the other side of this crazy war, and maybe, just maybe, we can unite in peace and build a better way.

LookinForMayberry,

thank you ,you have clear View and very insightful

How a country (as US) adopts War On terror while practices it!!

"Let's hope we come out on the other side of this crazy war, and maybe, just maybe, we can unite in peace and build a better way"

just maybe I HOPE SO

thanks

Old 07-12-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Hey! At least if they didn't keep to the rules, we could rat-fink on them and marshal them into the correct corral!

I am all for this idea. We could then ignore them in our discussions unless they were invited. The obvious and relentless proselytizing, bad English and Farsi Qu'Ranic quotes is hard to take and indecipherable, especially when in concert.

Call me jaded or biased or a "dettogib", but get them out of here. The world (er...C-D,'s R&P sub) would be a better place!

I will be grateful to you when you ignore me rifleman

thank you

Old 07-12-2010, 01:47 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,075,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Why do you always ignore the genocide carried out by your god in the Bible Les? I've brought it to your attention a few times but you never address it.

Ahem!!

"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword...."

The sword...which sword was God referencing?...the two edged one...the truth...The truth cuts through the sh*T...and either it stands corrected, or it is put away with....by the truth.

That is the sword!

"Do you suppose that I came to grant peace on earth? I tell you, no, but rather division"

Yes Division..."Let the Evil be Evil, the Filthy be Filty, The holy Be Holy, And the righteous still do Right, my rewards are with me!"

And so where Does Jesus say to kill them?...He does not!...But the rewards for certain behaviors, and conduct..have already been expressed By God...and Christ Jesus.

So Do they as a unit of righteousness...actually Kill anyone?...No the ones doing the Evils, and sins, and being filthy are killing themselves and others...

Infact the only ones doing any of it...are the ones who are standing out of it.....the taxed hand who are committed not to a nation, or a country,...but to doing serivce for God...which was plainly written in the Genesis...and doing it sinlessly...and restoring the Eden..and multiplying it out...sinlessly ...sharing it all with all things...

That cuts the throat of the beast!
The beast is being supported by the taxed hand...and sin is the disobediance of God's word will and laws.

So...the wages (engraven Idol) for sin (disobediance of God's word and will) is death (the sleep)

Now what you have done to help Glorify the Kingdom...or profane it, or defile it will be brought before God.

And the living and the dead will also....and Judgment will be rendered on all living things....

And that will bring the final Judgment of God onto all things.
And his righteousness will prevail over all things!

And the lake of fire will be made...and all those listed in the End times book of revelation will be cast into the fire.

And if that is the something you protest...By all means go ahead!

"But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one."
Money will not feed you when the Earth is dead....which it is slowly coming to because of stupid humans not listening to God's word or doing what God says to do.

And not even sharing everything...and that is alot...that God has given!

How narrow minded of you to only bring a belt and a bag and a coat to sell for a sword?....when God has given you so much more!...should you not carry that too?

Now if you use the sword not to kill, but to cut through the wildreness, and make a path to righteousness...and start clearing the wilds..and make it a Garden....then the sword has a valid use.

But if you use the sword to kill and mame..well that is a sin...and sin begets death...as it is well known by reading the Holy Book...and the laws God has applied over us.

So to put down the sword in terms of fighting and killing is the message Jesus Gave Barnabus....and Barnabus had valid reason to want to fight the Perverts, rapists, murderers, and conquers the Romains were.
And Jesus was taken by his convictions to make some kind of right out of that sin...But even Jesus knew that by murdering them, that sin is applied to the one doing it....KILLING.

Best not to...and be sinless...even if they come to kill you...a sinless soul does not die...they only sleep till God raises them back to life.

Yes it is a hard thing to believe in...and that is the test...we keep failing...but Jesus showed us a more perfect way to fight the beast...to sow all seeds...and to hate no one...and to keep to the instructions of God...under his laws, covenants, and precepts...taking care of the Garden...freely...and sharing it....and eventually more people will do it....because it stops the need to fight over it....and or controlling it under a false value system....Which is that IDOL of ENGRAVEN IMAGEd thing they keep employing.

And look it is now destroying them with pollution, and their lands are being constantly under attack by the natural forces of nature..and the fire is upon them...and sickness and great suffering, and a higher and higher cost to live under that Idol...which is making all their woes and wrath come!

That sword!

Old 07-13-2010, 04:09 PM

31,385 posts, read 32,145,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
You are correct, Jamilah, war never does solve anything
If only that were true then we would cease to conduct them, but wars do solve things, they win land, power, and economic rewards just to name a few.

Old 07-13-2010, 04:12 PM

31,385 posts, read 32,145,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post

A terrorist often/usually is not concerned with freedom so much as remaking society based on some abstract philosophy or religion. Their goal is almost inherently unrealistic and so targeting is more about ideology or symbolism than military strategy.
Your argument has the same semantical pit falls as; one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. In this case one man's freedom is another man's tyranny and one man's unrealistic goals are another's most fervent vision of the possible.

Old 07-13-2010, 04:13 PM

2,735 posts, read 5,960,900 times
"why they want to kill us"...short answer: because they are a bunch of crazy a$$ loons!

Old 07-14-2010, 12:57 PM

40,056 posts, read 30,570,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imanway View Post
Ok, I guess islam has become an oppressor of people all over the world, starting with America to here
I don't know what Islam is planning along those lines, but you personally are certainly doing your best.

Old 07-14-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I don't know what Islam is planning along those lines, but you personally are certainly doing your best.

oops, sorry ,Probably I wrote error

I meant, Ok, I guess islam has become "an oppressored" all over the world starting from America to here

Oppressed Muslim people in the world although they are very good, very nice but the people that are anti-islam will not see them

Old 07-16-2010, 12:34 AM

11,798 posts, read 22,010,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
Can we PLEEZ get an Islam forum to put this junk in?
I doubt that it would stay there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam