Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 09:49 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,040,720 times

Advertisements

And do you think that having a muslim forum will keep all the muslims in their forum??? I seriously doubt that because like the Christians they have a mission to saaaaaaave us all........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 10:04 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,838,689 times
Cool Howdy, good Sunday morning to everyone.

There are muslim forums but they catch the old immigration ethnics into involvement for that infamous anti-commie like freeing of their old national concerns. But I guess MUslims unlike Christians like to talk about religion a lot.

Old 07-11-2010, 10:09 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,838,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
Also Serbia didn't occupy Chechnya. They occupied Bosnia and, for the most part, Bosnian Muslims are fairly moderate and did not become terrorists. (There were Muslim terrorists in Bosnia, but as I recall many or most of them were from abroad or joined foreign groups. Balkan Islam tends to be somewhat secularized and/or mystical)

Bosnian Muslims are moderate? Give me a break. They're honest hard working , and along with that treacherous.

Old 07-11-2010, 10:48 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
Now when we follow the laws of God to the letter out of the Holy Bible....it says Thou shalll not kill / murder...
Why do you always ignore the genocide carried out by your god in the Bible Les? I've brought it to your attention a few times but you never address it.

Quote:
So Jesus was right...Put down the sword....and pick up the plowsheer,, and pruning hooks...and live...do it sinlessly and save yourself from sin...
Ahem!!

"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword...."

"Do you suppose that I came to grant peace on earth? I tell you, no, but rather division"

"But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one."

Old 07-11-2010, 04:16 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,546,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
Bosnian Muslims are moderate? Give me a break. They're honest hard working , and along with that treacherous.
Care to elaborate? I don't know of any Bosnian Muslim terrorist groups around and traditionally Bosnian women are free.

Old 07-11-2010, 05:00 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,543,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imanway View Post
War did not solve anything
You are correct, Jamilah, war never does solve anything -- but death, destruction of property, relationships, and futures. You'd think we'd have learned that by now, but we seem more entrenched that ever.

I don't normally read popular media, since it stopped being about unbias reporting of events, and started being about agendas of people in shady places. I scanned your article, and saw it had nothing new for me.

Anyone who has paid attention in the last few decades, or read their histories, would know that terrorism comes in all "flavors."

First, you need to understand how the US defines the term, legally:
"... means premeditated, politically motivated violence perpetrated against noncombatant targets by subnational groups or clandestine agents;..."

From U.S. Code Title 22, Ch.38, Para. 2656f(d)
Full page can be viewed here:
U.S. Law Definition of Terrorism

Personally, I didn't start following our political actions until the Vietnam War, but I'm pretty certain that wasn't the last time -- nor the first, that we committed our own acts of terror.

Let's face it, the war on terrorism was never about Christians and Islamics, just as the Crusades were not. It's about exerting power to obtain more power or wealth -- and BILLIONS of powerless people have died in the process.

While the US wasn't the first country to commit violence against civilians, we were the first to declare war on a practice, rather than on an enemy nation. President Reagan declared his War on Drugs, in order to commit terrorism in South America. And, no -- it wasn't about drugs -- never has been, in fact it was about creating political unrest in order to topple undesirable governments that were barring US companies from South American resources.

Still, it was our dearly departed President Bush that used his wiles to declare the War on Terrorism, in order to stomp across nations -- much like Hitler stomped his way through Europe. Now President Obama is stuck supporting a house of cards, and anything he does will be wrong.

And throughout, we gullible Americans get a flag waved in our faces, hear the call to arms, listen to someone say our freedoms are threatened, and throw our beloved kids out to the battlegrounds, because we don't want to appear unpatriotic. We drive around in cars with decals that say "Support Our Troops," and call that the American Way.

So, I commend your bravery to attempt to breach the gap between those that support the war, and those that do not. Anyone who takes the time to learn about Islamic beliefs and culture knows that they've made many contributions to World culture. Like Christians, Islamics also suffer from the wave of Fundamentalists that use dogma instead of their basic beliefs of love, self-control, and service.

Let's hope we come out on the other side of this crazy war, and maybe, just maybe, we can unite in peace and build a better way.

Old 07-11-2010, 05:43 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,164,177 times
The war on terror is a never ending war... there will always be people willing to kill to try and scare the free to giving up their freedom.

Old 07-12-2010, 02:08 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,827 times
Default Begone, Allah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
And do you think that having a muslim forum will keep all the muslims in their forum??? I seriously doubt that because like the Christians they have a mission to saaaaaaave us all........
Hey! At least if they didn't keep to the rules, we could rat-fink on them and marshal them into the correct corral!

I am all for this idea. We could then ignore them in our discussions unless they were invited. The obvious and relentless proselytizing, bad English and Farsi Qu'Ranic quotes is hard to take and indecipherable, especially when in concert.

Call me jaded or biased or a "dettogib", but get them out of here. The world (er...C-D,'s R&P sub) would be a better place!

Old 07-12-2010, 03:40 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,046 times
The Spirit of the Father of all, Christ IN YOU, is what will set man free, not teachings and indoctrination. Christianity has become an oppressor of people all over the world, starting with America itself. The Gospel message is Christ arising in you, destroying the flesh and its passions, in order to live righteously and peacefully towards all people.
Part of the flesh/devil in man which must be destroyed is the murdering of other people. This hate and division is not of the Father, but fallen Adam, who must be subdued by Christ arising in us all.

Blessings,
brian

Old 07-12-2010, 10:28 AM

251 posts, read 423,039 times
thanks All replies, Fair, unFair
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam