U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe Islamic people should be eradicated?
Yes - They are trying to take over the world and we must stop them before they complete their mission 18 19.57%
No - Not every person who is Islamic is evil 73 79.35%
I don't know 1 1.09%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 02:06 AM

2,943 posts, read 2,383,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
No way! It shouldn't be that difficult to force 1.2 billion Muslims to become nice people.
Can I assume that your past two posts have been sarcasm...because frankly speaking...they don't make a whole lot of sense.

Old 07-12-2010, 02:09 AM

19,216 posts, read 13,001,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Can I assume that your past two posts have been sarcasm...because frankly speaking...they don't make a whole lot of sense.
Ponder the hidden message.

Old 07-12-2010, 02:18 AM

2,943 posts, read 2,383,985 times
Quote:
Ponder the hidden message.
I'd take that as a yes. "It shouldn't be hard..." is clearly sarcasm. Now back to Home Alone 2.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:52 AM

251 posts, read 373,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Do you believe Islamic people should eradicated?

This may sound like an extreme question but recently I read something that shocked me in this very forum.

This evil force this person is referring to is Islam (I know this because of the thread content surrounding this post). I find it shocking that people can even think this way but I guess some people want to see what happened to the Jews in the holocaust happen to Islamic people now. So I propose this serious question, Do you believe all Islamic people should be eradicated? Vote in the poll.

of course NO.

Muslims are good and very peaceful

Eliminate extremism wherever it is without an identity

Old 07-12-2010, 04:56 AM

22,241 posts, read 15,323,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Okay, well the idea that 1.5 billion Muslims(there is no such thing as the "Islamic people") should be destroyed is even stupider. Just as stupid as anyone who preaches killing all Christians or Jews or Hindus or Buddhists.
Could be that we would be better off if all of those Religions were gone.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:59 AM

41,492 posts, read 51,418,971 times
I suggest they, the extremist bomb throwers, along with their Kristian compatriots, be converted to peaceful Deists. That way they could worship, or at least respect, God without fighting over pesky details of dogma. This might not be such a bad idea for everybody. The not fighting part anyway.

Old 07-12-2010, 05:13 AM

251 posts, read 373,813 times
Quote:
I'll go with the Muslim remedy - they should be forced to convert to Buddism or die.

pie in the sky

Islam Forever

Old 07-12-2010, 05:52 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,060,879 times
its an evil, death ridden cult, aimed at the unintelligent third world masses, and it needs to be obliterated.
You asked, I said..............

Old 07-12-2010, 07:21 AM

4,469 posts, read 6,338,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I suggest they, the extremist bomb throwers, along with their Kristian compatriots, be converted to peaceful Deists. That way they could worship, or at least respect, God without fighting over pesky details of dogma. This might not be such a bad idea for everybody. The not fighting part anyway.
It'll never happen. The idea of converting someone to a "peaceful religion" makes two assumptions: first, that it's possible to convert someone against their wishes, and second, that the violence is about religion in the first place. People are attracted to religious extremism because of the inherent anger and violence. Religion's simply the expression, the way their inherent craziness is expressed. It's not the cause. If they weren't religious nuts, they'd be violent about something else. Take Phred Phelps or Osama bin Laden and make either of them Quaker, and they'd still be creepy.

Old 07-12-2010, 08:39 AM

7,492 posts, read 6,482,560 times
It is sad to think that anyone can really believe that a group of people should be destroyed. Didn't we learn anything from Hitler? Stalin? Mussolini?

I am not a Muslim. I was born Catholic, baptized Protestant-Methodist (adopted), and believe in the Christ, but with all that I've learned about Christian history, I just cannot claim I am Christian, either. Have you ever read the history?

I've studied all the world's major religions, and quite frankly: WE ARE the BARBARIANS. Don't take my word for it -- go read the books for yourself.

The irony is that we DO what we proclaim from our pulpits should NOT BE DONE, and then we say it is in the name of God.

I'd say both God and Christ has gotten a pretty bad rap for the last couple of millennium.

So, no, I don't think Islam should be destroyed, or Christians, or Hindus, or Buddhists.

Has anyone ever thought that each religion may have an important component to the solution to world peace? It's just possible that rather than fighting one another, we might try learning from the others. Together, we might be able to find the way that has yet to be found.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or