Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe Islamic people should be eradicated?
Yes - They are trying to take over the world and we must stop them before they complete their mission 18 19.57%
No - Not every person who is Islamic is evil 73 79.35%
I don't know 1 1.09%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 09:31 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times

Advertisements

Even assuming such a thing was possible, I couldn't agree with the 'destruction' of Islam. (Perhaps this has something to do with the fact that I'm Jewish, and there have certainly been enough people down through the years who have tried to accomplish that with my ancestors!)

I wish that Islam would confine itself to its adherents, and stop trying to push itself on everyone else. But that's as far as I'll go.

Old 07-12-2010, 02:28 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,187,018 times
I wouldn't mind if the religion of Islam were done away with, but I certainly can't go along with the idea that all Muslims should be destroyed. "Imagine..."

Old 07-12-2010, 03:05 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,658,684 times
Down through the millennium man has always tried to convince another to believe the way he does and have always been critical of another group of individuals who didn't believe the same and found reason to persecute those individuals and vice versa, many lives have been taken in the name of one's deity or another and it really hasn't changed anything, one group will continue to believe as they do and the other will continue to believe as they do and this will continue from generation to generation until at one point in time the original meaning of the groups beliefs have become so obscured that nobody knows the beginning and will resort to mythology to try and prove one is better than the other. This is why most Native Americans cannot understand the belief of Christianity or Islam and why one must believe this way and that way, how one believes and whatever deity they choose should be entirely up to them and how one worships that deity should be an individual choice and never infringe upon another. Now whether a person believes in the God of Christianity or the God of Islam should matter only to that individual and no one else, because no two people believe the same way and that is the way it should be. The Muslims that believe in the Islamic religion should be allowed to do so, the Christians that believe in the God of Christianity should also be allowed to do so and neither should infringe on the other, how one believes is and should be a personal choice. I do not believe that any religion or belief should be annihilated, I believe that there are those fringe groups that use their religion as an excuse to do harm to others and this should not be allowed, too many innocent lives have been taken in the name of their deity, whether it be Christianity or Islam, so no, I do not believe that any religion or group of individuals who believe in a certain deity should be eliminated.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:11 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,166,031 times
No, but it needs to go through what ever process Christianity went through.. and make it more civilize.

Old 07-12-2010, 05:07 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,742,163 times
Do I think Islam should be destroyed? Nah, I think it should just gradually die off like other religions eventually do.

Old 07-12-2010, 05:45 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,558,648 times
I don't want it to be destroyed. I don't even think I'd say I want it to peacefully wither away. There's all kinds of ways to think and live. Even if it's maybe not the proper Catholic thing to say I think it's often a bit sad for a culture or religion to die out. It's sometimes necessary or overall good, but still.

I think many Muslims have an interesting way of looking at life that has some value. I think Islam has too much totalitarian and violent in its founding for me to be entirely sympathetic to it, but there is varieties of Islamic thought. It's kind of a shame to narrow our views or to seek extermination of one because of unpleasant elements. (I'm not even sure I want Marxists to be eradicated and I despise Marxism)

Old 03-14-2013, 08:41 AM

1 posts, read 976 times
Islam is a selfish religion. People who were born in that religion train from the childhood to become selfish. They think only of themselves. If we turn back in the history it is clear that they have been contributed a lot to destroy the world. Where ever they go there is a problem. Islamic people can't tolerate with other nationality. They try to show they are different from other people by covering the face and cutting their secret part in the body. How mean they are. They are going to ruin all the nationalities. That's their vision. Wake up all the non Islamic people in the world and take and action to ban this bad religion.

The best religions are Buddhism and Christianity.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:38 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red letter View Post
Islam is a selfish religion. People who were born in that religion train from the childhood to become selfish. They think only of themselves. If we turn back in the history it is clear that they have been contributed a lot to destroy the world. Where ever they go there is a problem. Islamic people can't tolerate with other nationality. They try to show they are different from other people by covering the face and cutting their secret part in the body. How mean they are. They are going to ruin all the nationalities. That's their vision. Wake up all the non Islamic people in the world and take and action to ban this bad religion.

Sadly like many non-Muslims, you assume all Muslims are the same and have the same basic training and some sort of all comprehensive indoctrination program. Many, probably most Muslims, that live out side Arabic or Iranian nations have very little Islamic teachings except for what they receive from their Mother.

There is no ordained clergy, no Central leadership, no single method of teaching. For the Average Muslim what they learn comes from their own searching. We are discouraged from following anyone blindly and our personal obligation is to do our best to verify all things to the best of our ability. We are not to believe anything unless we our self have found reason to believe. Islam is all about self responsibility and knowing we individually are responsible for what we follow.

We are very individualistic, the only thing all Muslims have in common are we follow the same 5 pillars of faith and most of us hold 6 core beliefs. The Pillars and core beliefs are the only things it can be said are true Islamic teaching that all Muslims are taught.

The 6 core beliefs being.

Belief in Allah as the one and only God.

Belief in angels.

Belief in the holy books.

Belief in all the Prophets...
e.g. Adam, Ibrahim (Abraham), Musa (Moses),
Dawud (David), Isa (Jesus).
Muhammad (peace be upon him) is the final
prophet.

Belief in Resurrection and the Day of Judgement...
The day when the life of every human being will
be assessed to decide whether they go to heaven or hell.

Belief in Qadr...
The belief that Allah knows all things including which has
has not yet happened, but will happen

The 5 Pillars of Faith which all Muslims must do to the best of their ability are

A Muslim must acknowledge that "There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is his Prophet"

A Muslim must pray five times daily facing Mecca: at dawn, at noon, in the midafternoon, at dusk, and after dark.

Each Muslim must donate to charity.

A Muslim must fast for the month of Ramadan. During the fasting month, one must refrain from eating, drinking, smoking, and sexual intercourse from dawn until sunset.

A Muslim must make a pilgrimage to Mecca. Every adult Muslim who is physically and financially able to do so must make this pilgrimage at least once in his or her lifetime.

Outside of those any teaching a Muslim receives is very often the teaching of a national or Family culture. Not a teaching of Islam.

We are quite individualistic. If you read through this Islamic Section you may become aware as to just how different we each are and learn the vast majority of us are very peace loving.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:24 AM

607 posts, read 855,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red letter View Post

What are your thoughts on Sikhism?

Old 03-16-2013, 03:45 PM

245 posts, read 298,441 times
All people think of religions as a competition, not a tool to use for goodwill. How about we unite against the real terrors like "Corruption"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam