U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-15-2010, 11:22 PM
 
397 posts, read 534,374 times
Reputation: 54

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Islam accepts every one who SUBMITS to Allah. Everyone else is lesser and needs to be dominated. Equality is a non-issue in Islam . . . Allah prescribes the status and position of the genders. Islam is an uncivilized and barbaric religion of conquest and rule in the name of Allah.
no matter how many times someone tells you you have it all wrong, you still post the same thing...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-15-2010, 11:26 PM
 
397 posts, read 534,374 times
Reputation: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
theres a fine line between a religion and PEOPLE who practice the religion. people in islam may say different things but that doesnt mean theyre right or wrong in different cases. the religion of islam itself is what you must go by, otherwise your just judging a religion based on some of the people that practice it. go to the muslims that go the nearest mosque to you and ask them if "killing of muslims by a muslims hand or killing any innocent person is permissable in islam" majority will say that it is not and those who dont are simply ignorant to their own religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2010, 11:31 PM
 
397 posts, read 534,374 times
Reputation: 54
before this thread goes off topic, id like to say that islamically, there is no reason that muslims and non-muslims can live in peace. we can all live together. the only time it become a problem in islam is when a non muslim tries to force thier beliefs onto a muslim to lead them astray. just like christians, atheist, agnostics, etc. dont want to have any beliefs "forced" on them, as does islam. if your not forcing your belief on us, certaintly any muslim who follows the religion the way it is supposed to be followed will not force it on you for if they do they are not practicing the religion correctly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2010, 07:24 AM
 
40,039 posts, read 26,715,004 times
Reputation: 6047
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
. . . go to the muslims that go the nearest mosque to you and ask them if "killing of muslims by a muslims hand or killing any innocent person is permissable in islam" majority will say that it is not and those who dont are simply ignorant to their own religion.
Stop this deceptive nonsense! Muslims among infidels are COMMANDED by Allah to deceive the infidels during Dar al Harb (which exists as long as Israel exists). An INNOCENT in Islam is NOT the generically defined term used by the free world. The ONLY innocents in Islam are those who submit to Allah (Muslims and the Dhimmis). I tire of this lying and proselytizing of this heinous religion of world conquest!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2010, 08:17 AM
 
Location: Camberville
12,004 posts, read 16,753,802 times
Reputation: 19709
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Stop this deceptive nonsense! Muslims among infidels are COMMANDED by Allah to deceive the infidels during Dar al Harb (which exists as long as Israel exists). An INNOCENT in Islam is NOT the generically defined term used by the free world. The ONLY innocents in Islam are those who submit to Allah (Muslims and the Dhimmis). I tire of this lying and proselytizing of this heinous religion of world conquest!
And Christians are COMMANDED to proselytize, stone their daughters, etc etc. Gosh darn that heinous religion of world conquest! Oh wait...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2010, 08:17 AM
 
4,083 posts, read 4,423,649 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
before this thread goes off topic, id like to say that islamically, there is no reason that muslims and non-muslims can live in peace. we can all live together. the only time it become a problem in islam is when a non muslim tries to force thier beliefs onto a muslim to lead them astray. just like christians, atheist, agnostics, etc. dont want to have any beliefs "forced" on them, as does islam. if your not forcing your belief on us, certaintly any muslim who follows the religion the way it is supposed to be followed will not force it on you for if they do they are not practicing the religion correctly.
"forcing" any type of missionizing is not allowable in Muslim countries. Teaching is not forcing but in Muslim countries anyone who attempts to teach about their religion may in fact face arrest and imprisonment or death.

No one can be "forced" to accept a religion in the modern world. I would say that Muslims are forced to remain Muslims. I would take this one step further that in countries where other religions are not allowed to openly practice their faith and Muslims don't learn about other religions other then in a slanted biased way there is not any freedom of religion.

Historically it has been Islam and Christianity who forced conversions on others they conquered.

Muslims and non Muslims will never be able to get along until Muslims accept that others have a right to practice their religion and that the whole world does not need to be muslim. Radical muslims need to be brought under control and Islam needs to get its own house in order. Islam has done little to foster understanding of peoples of the book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2010, 08:25 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn
40,056 posts, read 30,514,706 times
Reputation: 10490
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
no matter how many times someone tells you you have it all wrong, you still post the same thing...
Fair enough. I'd appreciate it very much if you could clear things up. I'm Jewish. Do you accept me as an equal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2010, 09:23 AM
 
19 posts, read 21,840 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Fair enough. I'd appreciate it very much if you could clear things up. I'm Jewish. Do you accept me as an equal?
yes, do you know that Mohammed have married a jewish woman and a christian worman?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2010, 11:30 AM
 
Location: Not yet
251 posts, read 373,437 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I am an agnostic person who will never, ever, ever believe or follow the tenants of Islam. But I don't think a Muslim is necessarily inferior just by virture of the fact he/she is a Muslim. In my mind I separate religious beliefs from the person, and am OK with someone believing something I don't AND believing they can be good people with valuable perspectives concerning human existence.

So my question is: Can a Muslim return the sentiment? Can they see me as a different but equal human being or am I always a infidel and/or barbarian because I don't believe as they do?

Is it a serious question! I'll tell you, You are free to believe or not

Can Islam accept me as an equal? YES


Chango,

Muslims do not hate non-Muslims, I personally love all the people I do not hate non-Muslims equal, Islam teaches us to interact with all people and wish good for the whole mankind...


Allah says in Quran ,(Allah does not forbid you that you show kindness and deal justly with those who did not fight you in your religion and did not drive you out from your homes…)


How can you ask and you see Muslims and non Muslims live side by side in

the Islamic world and non-Muslim

You should see these many many millions of Muslims who adhere to their religion..


I know you say What about the Muslim extremists who kill the infidels? I say you, these are deceived, very deceived or totally brainwashed, and the evidence for that they are killing Muslims like them not only infidels

Note that these fanatics or extremists are always a little handful, they are Rejected by the Muslims in all Islamic societies, both Arab and western
at young, adult ,women, men, children ..etc

return to Quran :


All the Fighting's verses in the Koran is fighting to defend against the infidel aggressor So you should read these verses in their textual and historical context ....


you can return to this page http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503544502 (broken link)

[LEFT]I can quote dozens of verses from the Bible which seem very violent, if taken out from their historical context. These Biblical texts have been used by many violent Jewish and Christian groups. Crusaders used them against Muslims and Jews. Nazis used them against Jews. Recently Serbian Christians used them against Bosnian Muslims. Zionists are using them regularly against Palestinians...


[LEFT]Take this example: in bible "Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man intimately. But all the girls who have not known man intimately, sparefor yourselves. (Numbers 31:17-18)


when I say all that not for I proselytized anyone here , BUT ME AS MUSLIM I SAY WHAT IS TRUE [/LEFT]


but me should be ask, Why Muslim Denied here? [/LEFT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2010, 11:48 AM
 
Location: Not yet
251 posts, read 373,437 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
"forcing" any type of missionizing is not allowable in Muslim countries. Teaching is not forcing but in Muslim countries anyone who attempts to teach about their religion may in fact face arrest and imprisonment or death.

No one can be "forced" to accept a religion in the modern world. I would say that Muslims are forced to remain Muslims. I would take this one step further that in countries where other religions are not allowed to openly practice their faith and Muslims don't learn about other religions other then in a slanted biased way there is not any freedom of religion.

Historically it has been Islam and Christianity who forced conversions on others they conquered.

Muslims and non Muslims will never be able to get along until Muslims accept that others have a right to practice their religion and that the whole world does not need to be muslim. Radical muslims need to be brought under control and Islam needs to get its own house in order. Islam has done little to foster understanding of peoples of the book.

BUT Muslims and non Muslims will be able to get along in Everywhere

But take off the black glass even you see them as I saw

Jazzymom, all what you said are wrong concept but very wrong

Even I know to the basis of the focus of this perception

Quick question, FOR YOU, do you like the muslims, or do you hate the muslims?


pleas write it here (NO OR YES)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top