U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-16-2010, 11:51 AM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,884 posts, read 31,780,534 times
Reputation: 12629

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by imanway View Post
Is it a serious question! I'll tell you, You are free to believe or not

Can Islam accept me as an equal? YES


Chango,

Muslims do not hate non-Muslims, I personally love all the people I do not hate non-Muslims equal, Islam teaches us to interact with all people and wish good for the whole mankind...


Allah says in Quran ,(Allah does not forbid you that you show kindness and deal justly with those who did not fight you in your religion and did not drive you out from your homes…)


How can you ask and you see Muslims and non Muslims live side by side in

the Islamic world and non-Muslim

You should see these many many millions of Muslims who adhere to their religion..


I know you say What about the Muslim extremists who kill the infidels? I say you, these are deceived, very deceived or totally brainwashed, and the evidence for that they are killing Muslims like them not only infidels

Note that these fanatics or extremists are always a little handful, they are Rejected by the Muslims in all Islamic societies, both Arab and western
at young, adult ,women, men, children ..etc

return to Quran :


All the Fighting's verses in the Koran is fighting to defend against the infidel aggressor So you should read these verses in their textual and historical context ....


you can return to this page Does the Qur (http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503544502 - broken link)

[LEFT]I can quote dozens of verses from the Bible which seem very violent, if taken out from their historical context. These Biblical texts have been used by many violent Jewish and Christian groups. Crusaders used them against Muslims and Jews. Nazis used them against Jews. Recently Serbian Christians used them against Bosnian Muslims. Zionists are using them regularly against Palestinians...


[LEFT]Take this example: in bible "Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man intimately. But all the girls who have not known man intimately, sparefor yourselves. (Numbers 31:17-18)


when I say all that not for I proselytized anyone here , BUT ME AS MUSLIM I SAY WHAT IS TRUE [/LEFT]


but me should be ask, Why Muslim Denied here? [/LEFT]

Muslim jurists are unanimous that apostates must be punished
, yet they differ as to determining the kind of punishment to be inflicted upon them. The majority of them, including the four main schools of jurisprudence (Hanafi, Maliki, Shafi`i, and Hanbali) as well as the other four schools of jurisprudence (the four Shiite schools of Az-Zaidiyyah, Al-Ithna-`ashriyyah, Al-Ja`fariyyah, and Az-Zaheriyyah) agree that apostates must be executed.

A similar wording of the hadith was reported on the authority of Abu Hurairah and Mu`awiyah ibn Haidah with a sound chain of transmission. Also, Ibn Mas`ud reported the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) as having said, "The blood of a Muslim who testifies that there is no god but Allah and that I am the Messenger of Allah is not lawful to shed unless he be one of three, a married adulterer, someone killed in retaliation for killing another, or someone who abandons his religion and the Muslim community."

The eminent scholar Ibn Rajab said, "Punishing a person by death for committing any of these sins is agreed upon among Muslims.

Apostasy: Major and Minor - IslamOnline.net - Living Sharia'h (http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&cid=1178724001992&pagename=Z one-English-Living_Shariah%2FLSELayout - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-16-2010, 11:52 AM
 
Location: Toronto, ON
2,333 posts, read 2,509,092 times
Reputation: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by imanway View Post
Is it a serious question! I'll tell you, You are free to believe or not

Can Islam accept me as an equal? YES


...........
the Islamic world and non-Muslim

You should see these many many millions of Muslims who adhere to their religion..


.............


I know you say What about the Muslim extremists who kill the infidels? I say you, these are deceived, very deceived or totally brainwashed, and the evidence for that they are killing Muslims like them not only infidels

Note that these fanatics or extremists are always a little handful, they are Rejected by the Muslims in all Islamic societies, both Arab and western
at young, adult ,women, men, children ..etc

......................



Does the Qur (http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503544502 - broken link)

[LEFT]I can quote dozens of verses from the Bible which seem very violent, if taken out from their historical context. These Biblical texts have been used by many violent Jewish and Christian groups. Crusaders used them against Muslims and Jews. Nazis used them against Jews. Recently Serbian Christians used them against Bosnian Muslims. Zionists are using them regularly against Palestinians...


...............



when I say all that not for I proselytized anyone here , BUT ME AS MUSLIM I SAY WHAT IS TRUE [/LEFT]
[/color]

but me should be ask, Why Muslim Denied here? [/LEFT]


All from East to West we could live in Peace with one another for determined well by Equality. But time had to have it's original place, and for time to represent the future of that allness for non-preferential treatment, it must be a supernatural Choice to get out of the cycle for the sublimated presence For Us mere humans.

And there are so many Nations each one to their allness; for that reason as well; the supernatural Choice has it's Way for cycling a supernatural Fatality rather than Choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2010, 11:58 AM
 
Location: Sinking in the Great Salt Lake
13,143 posts, read 19,207,122 times
Reputation: 14007
Quote:
Originally Posted by imanway View Post
[LEFT]but me should be ask, Why Muslim Denied here? [/LEFT]

Thanks Imanway, you give me some good perspective.

But to anwser your question I would say the culprit is propaganda. I think Americans are being sublty trained to hate Muslims, just like Muslims are being trained to hate Americans. The only differences are the methods employed.

Why can't either of us see that our leaders are just playing us against each other? Why can't we coexist peacefully in the world? There is no good reason for us not to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2010, 12:35 PM
 
Location: Toronto, ON
2,333 posts, read 2,509,092 times
Reputation: 258
Question Anyone like or dislike the new anonymous phone calls?

When some stranger is calling you, probably a solicitor for a Fund, he just hesitates and doesn't answer the 'hello' acknowledgement for a few seconds or SO. He suggests that you have the option of putting the phone down, introducing your interest in the phone call for that moment of the day, or just claim "You are bad therefore I am good": from either side of the incombent dialogue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2010, 08:18 AM
 
4,083 posts, read 4,427,760 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I am an agnostic person who will never, ever, ever believe or follow the tenants of Islam. But I don't think a Muslim is necessarily inferior just by virture of the fact he/she is a Muslim. In my mind I separate religious beliefs from the person, and am OK with someone believing something I don't AND believing they can be good people with valuable perspectives concerning human existence.

So my question is: Can a Muslim return the sentiment? Can they see me as a different but equal human being or am I always a infidel and/or barbarian because I don't believe as they do?

Muslims will never accept any one who is not a muslim as an equal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2010, 09:16 AM
 
1,554 posts, read 1,579,958 times
Reputation: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I am an agnostic person who will never, ever, ever believe or follow the tenants of Islam. But I don't think a Muslim is necessarily inferior just by virture of the fact he/she is a Muslim. In my mind I separate religious beliefs from the person, and am OK with someone believing something I don't AND believing they can be good people with valuable perspectives concerning human existence.

So my question is: Can a Muslim return the sentiment? Can they see me as a different but equal human being or am I always a infidel and/or barbarian because I don't believe as they do?

You are a disbeliever: infidel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2010, 09:22 AM
 
1,554 posts, read 1,579,958 times
Reputation: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Muslims will never accept any one who is not a muslim as an equal.

This is not according to their personal opinion; it is up to God Almighty: anyone who does not convert will lose in the afterlife and his work will not be accepted from him.

As we are told in the Quran 3: 85
وَمَن يَبْتَغِ غَيْرَ الإِسْلاَمِ دِينًا فَلَن يُقْبَلَ مِنْهُ وَهُوَ فِي الآخِرَةِ مِنَ الْخَاسِرِينَ

The explanation:
(And whoso seeks as religion, other than the Islam, it will not be accepted from him [because the past religions were altered], and he shall, in the afterlife, be of those who lose [the prosperity of Paradise.])

Although if such a disbeliever, if he does not oppose the Quran and the Islam, then nothing bad may be done to him, and he is safe as long as he does not transgress on the religion and on Muslims.

<http://www.quran-ayat.com/conflicts/english2.htm#A_Call_from_God_to_the_People_of_the_ Scripture_>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2010, 09:48 AM
 
Location: Pawnee Nation
7,525 posts, read 14,912,405 times
Reputation: 7014
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post

Although if such a disbeliever, if he does not oppose the Quran and the Islam,
Then we are at war. I will NEVER cease opposition to a faith that refuses equality to other faiths...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2010, 10:15 AM
 
1,554 posts, read 1,579,958 times
Reputation: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Then we are at war. I will NEVER cease opposition to a faith that refuses equality to other faiths...........

You manipulate the words; and you choose to be in war against God and His religion. Like your ancestors who became the enemy of God and His angels.

As in the Quran 2: 98
مَن كَانَ عَدُوًّا لِّلّهِ وَمَلآئِكَتِهِ وَرُسُلِهِ وَجِبْرِيلَ وَمِيكَالَ فَإِنَّ اللّهَ عَدُوٌّ لِّلْكَافِرِينَ

The explanation:
(Whoever is an enemy to God and His angels and His apostles and Gabriel and Michael – then, surely, God is an enemy to the disbelievers.)

<http://www.quran-ayat.com/conflicts/english2.htm#Their_Rebellion_against_Their_Prophet _>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2010, 10:26 AM
 
Location: Pawnee Nation
7,525 posts, read 14,912,405 times
Reputation: 7014
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
.............you choose to be in war against God
Nope......not against the god I know, but against YOUR god, yes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
and His religion.
YOUR religion, you mean.

To me, YOUR religion is nothing more than collected stories used to control the minds of illiterate men and women based on the teachings of a pedophile and pederast. If Mohammed were to appear in the civilized world today and begin preaching, he would be ignored.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top