U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 10:38 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,178,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
they do not even consider their own woman as equal. sharia law.
Here's advice for all of you great non-Muslim defenders of Muslim women.

YouTube - 19. Muslim women
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2010, 11:53 AM

13,624 posts, read 11,068,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
Here's advice for all of you great non-Muslim defenders of Muslim women.

YouTube - 19. Muslim women

brainwashing is very powerfull when thats all you know.!! you can't pull the wool over my eyes..

YouTube - Afghan Muslim Women burn themselves to flee abuse(17 Nov 2009)

Old 08-14-2010, 12:06 PM

4,083 posts, read 4,428,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
brainwashing is very powerfull when thats all you know.!! you can't pull the wool over my eyes..

YouTube - Afghan Muslim Women burn themselves to flee abuse(17 Nov 2009)

What you do need to understand is there is a vast difference in Muslim women in the United States and Canada in comparison to Afghanistan.

The muslim women I know are strong, opinionated and live their lives the way they choose to. They have careers, families and are not downtrodden.

Old 08-14-2010, 12:15 PM

10,425 posts, read 8,792,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Islam accepts every one who SUBMITS to Allah. Everyone else is lesser and needs to be dominated. Equality is a non-issue in Islam . . . Allah prescribes the status and position of the genders. Islam is an uncivilized and barbaric religion of conquest and rule in the name of Allah.
Yep, some folks just don't get it.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
What you do need to understand is there is a vast difference in Muslim women in the United States and Canada in comparison to Afghanistan.

The muslim women I know are strong, opinionated and live their lives the way they choose to. They have careers, families and are not downtrodden.
i agree,, but canada and the usa are not governed by sharia.. i can assure you that if a day in the future comes that sharia is the world governing rule women will not be equal to men.!! one only needs to look at the middle eastern countries to see the truth. most woman in the middle eastern countries would be afraid to voice there opinions fearing retribution..

Old 08-14-2010, 04:40 PM

30,884 posts, read 31,788,057 times
Even in Canada women who live in Muslim enclaves are not equal to men...There also Islamic enclaves in the US, and they do live under sharia.

Old 08-14-2010, 04:56 PM

6,926 posts, read 5,702,166 times
Default Can Islam accept me as an equal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Islam accepts every one who SUBMITS to Allah. Everyone else is lesser and needs to be dominated. Equality is a non-issue in Islam . . . Allah prescribes the status and position of the genders. Islam is an uncivilized and barbaric religion of conquest and rule in the name of Allah.
Yes Allah teaches domance and intolerance of non-believers. If you are without any faith your an infidel and not worthy. How sad so many I think are brainwashed into believing in this religion whom they call reverts. Sadly my husband is one of them.

Old 01-22-2012, 03:12 PM

285 posts, read 257,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I am an agnostic person who will never, ever, ever believe or follow the tenants of Islam. But I don't think a Muslim is necessarily inferior just by virture of the fact he/she is a Muslim. In my mind I separate religious beliefs from the person, and am OK with someone believing something I don't AND believing they can be good people with valuable perspectives concerning human existence.

So my question is: Can a Muslim return the sentiment? Can they see me as a different but equal human being or am I always a infidel and/or barbarian because I don't believe as they do?
I am a Muslim. No matter, you are free to be what you want but I think you yourself are uneasy about what you want to be ....

Old 01-22-2012, 07:12 PM

13,143 posts, read 19,212,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manss View Post
I am a Muslim. No matter, you are free to be what you want but I think you yourself are uneasy about what you want to be ....
I'm happy with being an almost-atheist agnostic. I was back then too.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filthydani View Post
I am a muslim, and alot of people dont understand how forgiving this religion is, check this hadith

Moderator cut: deleted - English only

THats the original script, it says, a dog was nearly dying of thirst. and a jewish prostitue poured him water, and god forgives here, means she is going to heaven even though she is a Jewish not a Muslim

so to answer your question, yes you are equal, and basically if you are lucky, even as an atheist, if you did something as good as this, god might actually forgive you regardless of your religion

And another hadith, that a woman went to hell for simply locking a cat up in a room without any food till the cat dies, she went to hell just for making the cat starve to death

does it say how long the woman fryed in hell for starving the cat? if it was for eternity?? well i guess that god is very cruel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or